Jim Irsay's Tweet

eball

If owner says something, then he is a meddling owner....and if he doesn't, then he is not committed to the team...Boy...there is no middle ground here.

Seems a bit ridiculous for the owner to feel the need to publicly apologize and B word at the coaches over game 1 of the preseason.

It should be noted that the Colts, following a 2-14 season, truly limped their way on the back of a feel-good cancer rally through an easy division to an 11-5 record last year.

I fully expect them to be in the 7-9 win range this year.

I have been saying that ever since last year ended...they literally got every break possible to go their way...9-1 in games decided under a TD, D was horrible, etc...

Their expected wins based on all the variables was 6 wins last year, and they exceeded it more than any other team by a longshot..basically their stats said they were closer to the Bills than a playoff team last year...

They legitimately could be a better team this year and win 8 or 9 games

Edited by matter2003

The guy also does some crazy contests on Twitter. Before the game, he did a trivia contest giving away 2 tickets to the game, $50 spending money and 2 colts hats, to 12 people.

he gives out thousands of dollars - and sends straight cash in the mail.

frankly, hes a nut job but entertaining at times.

It should be noted that the Colts, following a 2-14 season, truly limped their wayon the back of a feel-good cancer rally through an easy division to an 11-5 record last year.

I fully expect them to be in the 7-9 win range this year.

couldnt agree more...they are def coming back to earth a bit this year

still a good young team but they clearly over achieved last year

Irsay is a tool...not to be confused with Tuel

Edited by Max997

I have been saying that ever since last year ended...they literally got every break possible to go their way...9-1 in games decided under a TD, D was horrible, etc...

Their expected wins based on all the variables was 6 wins last year, and they exceeded it more than any other team by a longshot..basically their stats said they were closer to the Bills than a playoff team last year...

They legitimately could be a better team this year and win 8 or 9 games

They had no business beating the Bills last year. Two questionable fumble calls and Gilmore's pick-6 called back were the difference in that game. They got all the bounces and breaks that day.

After yesterday, though, it looks like they got themselves a long-term bounce in TY Hilton. If it wasn't for him, I'd call them a 4-7 win team this year. But, he looks to be a gamer, and the Luck/Hilton combo will be one for the ages.

Edited by The Big Cat

Seems a bit ridiculous for the owner to feel the need to publicly apologize and B word at the coaches over game 1 of the preseason.

I live in Indy and the Colts Blue crew support the team whole heartedly, they cringe on having to pay season ticket prices for preseason games. It was a topic of discussion prior to last season on local talk radio. Fans here like Irsay and his approach. I rather have a behind the scenes owner. Great game from my point of view.

The Colts went into the game planning to evaluate the roster. The Bills went into the game to show everyone the team is totally buying into what Marrone and Pettine are selling because the entire team was relentless the whole game.

Not making excuses for the Colts, but as first preseason games go, you can count the number of people who knew the Bills would run a hurry up offense for four qtrs on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

The Colts went into the game planning to evaluate the roster. The Bills went into the game to show everyone the team is totally buying into what Marrone and Pettine are selling because the entire team was relentless the whole game.

Not making excuses for the Colts, but as first preseason games go, you can count the number of people who knew the Bills would run a hurry up offense for four qtrs on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

I don't know, looked like the Colts were trying to win to me. The Bills were the ones running the ball up the gut on every first and second down. The Colts were the ones throwing interceptions and fumbling the ball while fighting for yardage.

The Bills just out worked them, Period. They played harder and they left the Colts with a bunch injured players to show for it.

They had no business beating the Bills last year. Two questionable fumble calls and Gilmore's pick-6 called back were the difference in that game. They got all the bounces and breaks

Was going to say the same thing. We outplayed them last year and should have won that game-- and that was with our "record setting" defense.

It's a serious business. I'm sure Pagano had a sleepless night and I'm sure there's concern in the Indy camp.

In moments of honesty, they know they're not as good a team as their record indicated last year.

I think they're also very apprehensive about the loss of Bruce Arians, offensive genius and interim coach extraordinaire.

The no-huddle is the Bills base offense. It's what they've been running all camp. They've been talking about it non-stop. It's been talked about in the media.

I understand the Colts' amateurish TV crew not expecting it but if the Colts football club didn't expect it, then they're more incompetent than they showed themselves to be yesterday.

The Colts should have been expecting the Bills no-huddle offense.

Irsay's a maniac. He was an ass back when he moved the Colts from Baltimore to Indy, and then a genius when the Colts won the Super Bowl. Now he has a cash cow in Andrew Luck and he's pulling a Ralph Wilson by getting in things he shouldn't be into. If he's that upset, fire your head coach that would be hired by the other 31 teams in a flash. Jack ass.

The no-huddle is the Bills base offense. It's what they've been running all camp. They've been talking about it non-stop. It's been talked about in the media.

Maybe I'm wrong in generalizing, but even though I knew they were running an up tempo offense, there was no way I would have believed Tuel would have enough reps under his belt to do it for two full quarters.

First half with EJ? Sure. Entire second half with a third-stringer? Not so much.

Irsay's a maniac. He was an ass back when he moved the Colts from Baltimore to Indy, and then a genius when the Colts won the Super Bowl. Now he has a cash cow in Andrew Luck and he's pulling a Ralph Wilson by getting in things he shouldn't be into. If he's that upset, fire your head coach that would be hired by the other 31 teams in a flash. Jack ass.

Jim Irsay was 25 years old when his dad, Colts Owner Robert Irsay moved the team.

Did Jim have a public profile at that time?

It's a serious business. I'm sure Pagano had a sleepless night and I'm sure there's concern in the Indy camp.

In moments of honesty, they know they're not as good a team as their record indicated last year.

I think they're also very apprehensive about the loss of Bruce Arians, offensive genius and interim coach extraordinaire.

I understand the Colts' amateurish TV crew not expecting it but if the Colts football club didn't expect it, then they're more incompetent than they showed themselves to be yesterday.

The Colts should have been expecting the Bills no-huddle offense.

That's an awful big takeaway from the first preseason game.

If Bills fans came to the board saying similar stuff, they would be told to calm down it's the first preseason game preseason game.

I realize the owner has a bigger interest in the team than the fans, but temper your emotions and have the conversations you feel are necessary offline.

Who is he? Donte Whitner?

personally I love his tweets--he is a crazy dude. I doubt he actually got on his coaches for game 1 of the preseason.

I know what I read about Isray. I thought he seemed genuine in the Manning situation. Past that I feel he is no big mouth braggart like say Jarrah. Who yesterday while walking out of a restaurant in LA (Boa's) proclaimed the cowgirls will win the super bowl this season. Talk about a meddling douche.

The guy also does some crazy contests on Twitter. Before the game, he did a trivia contest giving away 2 tickets to the game, $50 spending money and 2 colts hats, to 12 people.

That's ridiculous. Each person gets $4.18 and a sixth of a hat?