Top 3 Concert Moments

Gugny

Not to be confused with your top 3 concerts, I'd like to see your top 3 concert moments:

1. Watching Jimmy Page walk up the side of the stage at the start of his first set. (RPI Field House, Troy, NY - 1987)

2. Hearing "You wanted the best, and you got the best ... the hottest band in the world ... KISS!!" (Knickerbocker Arena, Albany, NY - 1996)

3. "Then She Did" performed by a newly reunited Jane's Addiction (with Flea on bass, however). (Brandeis University, Mass. - 1997)

1- McCartney opening up with "Can't Buy Me Love"....would have been the greatest live music moment for me, ever, if he stopped after that one song. (1989, Madison Square Garden)

2-Joe Strummer inivites the surging audience up on stage for a rip-roaring rowdy version of "Brand New Cadillac"...it sort of turned into a rumble...i was in the midst...snatched a few Clash souveneers during the melee (CNE stadium- Toronto, 1982)

3- My buddy Bruce, a songwriter, playing a song he had just written that day, playing it in front of about 40 people, and everyone in the place kind of stunned afterwards, cuz they knew he had written a classic...it took about 10 years, but Tim McGraw and Faith Hill recorded his song, "Angry All the Time", and it made Bruce some filthy amounts of money... (1992 Austin, TX- Cactus Cafe)

Edited by Buftex

1. Sitting at a bar at the House of Blues, listening to Tony Bennett sing "When Joanna Loved Me" without a mic.

2. Sitting front row while John Hiatt tells an audience how he loved his career, but often wished he was better looking like Tom Jones so women would throw their underwear at him, only to have my wife stand up, slip off her bra and throw it to him on the stage.

3. Watching Harry Chapin perform "A Better Place To Be" live in Rochester a few weeks before he died.

1. Bob Seger at Superfest at Rich Stadium. During Alto Reed's sax solo we couldn't see him on stage. Someone pointed up and he was standing on top of the speakers. Crazy ****.

2. Yes also at Superfest. A frisbee hit Chris Squire's bass and man did that make a sound and also pissed him off.

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Aud. Ronnie van Zant was standing at the edge of the stage leaning over, one hand on the mic the other halfway down the mic stand. Some guy jumped up and tried to get his hat off his head. Ronnie, without skipping a beat hit the guy in the jaw with the bottom of the mic stand. Fantastic!!

Saw Live at The Icon in Buffalo just days after Throwing Copper came out (meaning before they started playing big arenas) - at the end of what was an AMAZING show the drummer threw his sticks into the crowd, one of which hit me square on the bridge of my nose. Pretty nasty cut, and someone else grabbed the stick.

2nd concert ever (at 14 years old) - KISS opened their Love Gun tour in 1977 at the Forum in Halifax Nova Scotia. Cheap Trick opened. Took almost an hour between bands, but when the lights finally did go down it was just a complete sensory overload with the crowd going crazy, the flames, stage show, and of course they were really loud.

Rush Vapor Trails tour at the War Memorial here in Rochester, the day after my 40th birthday, 2nd row seats in front of Geddy Lee. Felt the music more than heard it.

Van Halen Women & Children First tour in Dallas TX - I remember someone threw a joint up on stage. David Lee Roth stopped the show, held it up and when every spotlight in the place was on it he asked "What the !@#$ is this?!?!?!" He lit it up there on stage. Forgot lyrics for the rest of the night :)

Sorry, that was 4 concert moments.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

I really can't come up with three, but the one sticking out to me right now was a few years ago where I was in the first row for an Alice in Chains concert. Yeah, Layne Staley was long since dead, but I haven't been even remotely close to the stage for any other show in my life.

I'm not sure if that fits your concert moment criteria, but the whole thing really does boil down to that one simple fact.

Edited by shrader

1) Eric Johnson covering "And The Wind Cries Mary" at the Tralf.

2) Michael Camilo bringing the crowd to their feet, playing "Tropical Jam" with the NSO at the Kennedy Center.

3) Yes, seriously...high school Chorale, during a concert the lights go out right at the start of a 16-bar piano interlude. Pitch black, no one can see a thing. Piano player doesn't miss a beat, I'm thinking "No big deal, I know my mark...I hope everyone else does." Sixteen bars later, still pitch black, about 70 high school kids simultaneously hit their notes perfectly. Lights come back on, everyone's completely in sync. That, as a sixteen year old kid, was my introduction to the difference between "amateur" and "professional".

1.) Hearing Roger Waters say, "This one was written when I was the young, fuc*ed up, Roger of Pink Floyd," during The Wall tour a few years back.

2.) Watching Neil Young kick in the bass drum after he introduced "Down By The River" as, "A song I wrote one night when I let the dark side take control" during the "Old Ways" tour (which was all country songs, except for that one moment)

3.) Watching Rickie Lee Jones' band jump off stage and rock the crowd up and down the aisles at Shea's after the singer stumbled off-stage drunk, Jack daniel's bottle in hand, and didn't return for 45 full-minutes.

Loads of them. But the ones that formed my musical direction at a very early age all took place at Kleinhans.

Zep - 11/69 sat in 6th row orchestra pit. This show had the plug pulled on the band as they had played past the curfew.

Shouts of "Take it to UB" had Plant screaming on stage WTF is UB? They repeated "you shook me" on their final encore because they played all they had rehearsed already that night. Epic early performance.

70's - Andre Segovia. Learned what discipline and talent is needed to even approach that genius level he played at. Bonus it was either his 84th or 86th? Birthday. Someone waked on stage with a birthday cake for him. Very cool moment. His demands were extreme at the time. No microphone on his guitar, and if you left during a song you would not be readmitted. No drinking for that show.

The Who - Kleinhans and not too long after their Woodstock appearance. Tommy performed in it's entirety. Sat in 2nd row orchestra pit in front of Townshend.

Kleinhans honorable mentions - The Kinks. That show was the last one the management comped drinks for the artists as the band sucked down the outrageous sum (at the time) of $600.00

Derek and the Dominoes - almost left as the entire band was whacked on heroin and it showed.

Edited by Best Player Available

In reverse order...

3) Paula Cole, in a small venue (Lemoyne Manor for those that know Syracuse) general admission, about 10-12 feet from the stage

2) James Taylor, can't remember what year, at the Syracuse War Memorial, after about 3-4 encores, comes out and simply stands there, finally pulls his pockets as a sign that he doesn't have anything else to play, then proceeds to shake everyones hand in the first couple rows

1) Getting to see Peter Gabriel in Toronto, the day after the Bills beat Miami in the snow, 2002 I believe.

1. all star americana/bluegrass/country tribute to jimmie rodgers and the carter family with players including several of the carters, john oates, cruz contrares, robinella, darrell scott and many others to close out rhythm and roots fest 2 years ago. inspired, intense and emotional...

2 james taylor at the ryman in nashville. great music, great acoustics, great city, crummy seats with semi obstructed view (one of the few bad seats in the ryman).

3. chuck mangione in ohio mid 80's - one of the first dates with my wife. music was pretty good too.

1. Bob Seger at Superfest at Rich Stadium. During Alto Reed's sax solo we couldn't see him on stage. Someone pointed up and he was standing on top of the speakers. Crazy ****.

2. Yes also at Superfest. A frisbee hit Chris Squire's bass and man did that make a sound and also pissed him off.

3. Lynyrd Skynyrd at the Aud. Ronnie van Zant was standing at the edge of the stage leaning over, one hand on the mic the other halfway down the mic stand. Some guy jumped up and tried to get his hat off his head. Ronnie, without skipping a beat hit the guy in the jaw with the bottom of the mic stand. Fantastic!!

was at the first 2 as well. don't remember the frisbee. remember the sax player on the speaker tower very clearly. did yes and seger play at the same show or was there more than 1 superfest? my recollection is hazy...late 70's right?

Most amazing live show I've seen: Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" Tour, Miami (OH) Gym, Oxford, OH

Most bizarre live show I've seen: Kraftwerk and Sparks at the old Century Theatre, Buffalo, 1975.

Most historically significant show I've seen live: Arthur Lee and Love (first tour after jail) @ Middle East, Cambridge, MA

Best show played before nobody: Smithereens in a club in Philly...9 people there. Sat on the stage.

Biggest band seen live when they were nobody: The Police @ the Firehouse, Syracuse, NY. 1979.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Biggest band seen live when they were nobody: The Police @ the Firehouse, Syracuse, NY. 1979.

PTR

Saw them that same tour but at Stage One

I will give three that are not neccassarly music related

1) the crush at the doors at Stage One when the first openedthedoors for the Al Demelio, Paco delucia, and John Mcglaulin show. Literally moving forward without my feet hitting the floor. Was truly scared i was going to get crushed if i fell.

2) Feeling thebalcony swaying at Sheas as U2 was cranking out Sunday Bloody Sunday. Thought it was cool at the time, thank God it didnt collapse

3) seeing in person and up close Dizzys cheeks at the Tralf..lordy those were some freak of nature stuff

Loads of them. But the ones that formed my musical direction at a very early age all took place at Kleinhans.

Zep - 11/69 sat in 6th row orchestra pit. This show had the plug pulled on the band as they had played past the curfew.

Shouts of "Take it to UB" had Plant screaming on stage WTF is UB? They repeated "you shook me" on their final encore because they played all they had rehearsed already that night. Epic early performance.

70's - Andre Segovia. Learned what discipline and talent is needed to even approach that genius level he played at. Bonus it was either his 84th or 86th? Birthday. Someone waked on stage with a birthday cake for him. Very cool moment. His demands were extreme at the time. No microphone on his guitar, and if you left during a song you would not be readmitted. No drinking for that show.

The Who - Kleinhans and not too long after their Woodstock appearance. Tommy performed in it's entirety. Sat in 2nd row orchestra pit in front of Townshend.

Kleinhans honorable mentions - The Kinks. That show was the last one the management comped drinks for the artists as the band sucked down the outrageous sum (at the time) of $600.00

Derek and the Dominoes - almost left as the entire band was whacked on heroin and it showed.

Damn you're one of the few WNY'ers to see Zep. Twice I bought tickets, both times they cancelled. Did get to see the firm in Rochester though. General admission,I was standing on the floor with my elbows resting on the stage. Literally could have grabbed Page by the ankle.

1. all star americana/bluegrass/country tribute to jimmie rodgers and the carter family with players including several of the carters, john oates, cruz contrares, robinella, darrell scott and many others to close out rhythm and roots fest 2 years ago. inspired, intense and emotional...

2 james taylor at the ryman in nashville. great music, great acoustics, great city, crummy seats with semi obstructed view (one of the few bad seats in the ryman).

3. chuck mangione in ohio mid 80's - one of the first dates with my wife. music was pretty good too.

was at the first 2 as well. don't remember the frisbee. remember the sax player on the speaker tower very clearly. did yes and seger play at the same show or was there more than 1 superfest? my recollection is hazy...late 70's right?

Yes, same show. Donavan, J. Geils Band, Bob Seger and Yes. Got one of those terrible whit tuxedo jackets with the concert info on the back. Here you go. The internet is a wonderful thing!!

http://forgotten-yesterdays.com/dates.asp?qtourid=8&qdateid=1277

Metallica 98 at Shoreline Amphitheater major contact high and subsequent migraine. I had to get up early the next morning for a PT Test in the police academy. Almost failed.

Skid Row with Pantera as the opening act in 91. As a sophomore in high school I had a blast.

Van Halens Balance tour in 95 @ ARCO Arena. Last tour with Sammy Hagar. Good show.

Edited by Kevin

Great topic....

• The Who - Rich Stadium 1982(?), they start in with 'Love Reign O'er Me' and it starts sprinkling...
  • Jimmy Buffett - Nissan Pavillion 1999(?) - sitting in the front row of the lawn section all of a sudden a platform raises up from somewhere and there's Jimmy playing the first 4 songs to the lawn...finishes up and he walks down the center aisle to the main stage.
  • Genesis Hartford Civic Center 1988 maybe? Sitting on stage left while the band performed...my buddy had/has pretty strong connections to the band and was always getting us backstage, i'd been backstage and hung with the band before, but to be on the stage during the performance was super cool.

Not to be confused with your top 3 concerts, I'd like to see your top 3 concert moments:

I have some but as the OP said these are concerts moments:

1.) Pink Floyd 25 June 77 Cleveland Municipal Stadium

Saw a guy after the show puking and pissing at the same time. Have not witnessed that feat since.

2.) Kokomo (Mydland, Kreutzmann, Margen, Russell), 9 Aug 85 Chatterbox, Seaside Heights, NJ

A buddy was working for John Scher promoting the event and both of us went to their hotel suite after the show. It was not a surprise when 5 years later Brent Myland became another deceased Dead keyboardist.

3.) The Dead, North Florida 1978

Not sure of the city but it was spring break. I just remember Jerry going over and kicking Keith a few times when Keith was blotto and noodling at the keyboards.

4.) The Dead, 12/31/84 SF Civic Center

I rented a Santa Claus costume and was able to pick up a bunch of roses cheap from street flower vendors in the area as they were shutting down. Put those in my gift bag, passed them out to hot girls at the show and the crowd opened up to allow Santa to get to the front of the stage when I was on the floor.

5.) Big Joe Turner, early 80s, Manhattan

I am a little fuzzy on the date & location but it was a small club in Manhattan. I remember meeting Big Joe after the show. It was somewhat bittersweet. Although he put on a great show his health problems were evident when I met him.

i love hearing dead stories...i was late to the dead scene...late 80's but once that happened i was hooked, but i missed out on experiencing alot of the live shows

I have some but as the OP said these are concerts moments:

1.) Pink Floyd 25 June 77 Cleveland Municipal Stadium

Saw a guy after the show puking and pissing at the same time. Have not witnessed that feat since.

2.) Kokomo (Mydland, Kreutzmann, Margen, Russell), 9 Aug 85 Chatterbox, Seaside Heights, NJ

A buddy was working for John Scher promoting the event and both of us went to their hotel suite after the show. It was not a surprise when 5 years later Brent Myland became another deceased Dead keyboardist.

3.) The Dead, North Florida 1978

Not sure of the city but it was spring break. I just remember Jerry going over and kicking Keith a few times when Keith was blotto and noodling at the keyboards.

4.) The Dead, 12/31/84 SF Civic Center

I rented a Santa Claus costume and was able to pick up a bunch of roses cheap from street flower vendors in the area as they were shutting down. Put those in my gift bag, passed them out to hot girls at the show and the crowd opened up to allow Santa to get to the front of the stage when I was on the floor.

5.) Big Joe Turner, early 80s, Manhattan

I am a little fuzzy on the date & location but it was a small club in Manhattan. I remember meeting Big Joe after the show. It was somewhat bittersweet. Although he put on a great show his health problems were evident when I met him.

2) Feeling thebalcony swaying at Sheas as U2 was cranking out Sunday Bloody Sunday. Thought it was cool at the time, thank God it didnt collapse

• The Who - Rich Stadium 1982(?), they start in with 'Love Reign O'er Me' and it starts sprinkling..

i was under the balcony at that U2 show. '83 maybe? Same feeling... Thought it was cool at the time...Holy S*** now.

As for the Who in '82, I remember saying at the time that it's cool to go to a concert and God shows up in the crowd... The Clash was spectacular that day too.

• The Who - Rich Stadium 1982(?), they start in with 'Love Reign O'er Me' and it starts sprinkling..

i was under the balcony at that U2 show. '83 maybe? Same feeling... Thought it was cool at the time...Holy S*** now.

As for the Who in '82, I remember saying at the time that it's cool to go to a concert and God shows up in the crowd... The Clash was spectacular that day too.

I think that's just the way it is there. We had the balcony bouncing When Charlie Daniels was playing there.

That was my first concert ever! Also, the first time I ever drank hard cider...........I was a huge Seger fan, and thought I was the only one that knew all these songs by him. Then, it turns out all these people at this concert also knew them. I thought I had died and gone to heaven and I became a concert fanatic then and there!

Loved Alto being on top of the speakers!

Then, the bad side of the hard cider kicked in. (I was 15 years old). I puked all the way through the Yes set. And, it got worse with each baseline by Chris Squire, which I guess included the frisbee!

If nobody has mentioned the Who playing Love Reign O'er Me and having it start to rain, you're a bunch of idiots! :D

So, I'll go with:

1.) Who rain

2.) Alto

3.) Stones concert in 1981. Now it is raining, but then George Thorogood rocks the rain away!.............Then, Journey comes on and prompty gets booed off the stage (the only time I've seen this happen).

PS Now I look above me and see the Who rain thing mentioned (I wasn't going to comb through the thread). Good job - you guys aren't idiots!

1) les Paul at a small jazz club in Manhattan. Not my style of music but man could that guy coax a range of emotion out of that guitar. Whole place was captivated.

2) rolling stones at Shea stadium. Not my favorite rock band, but they had the whole place rocking for all 90 minutes. Keith Richards owned the stage even more than mick. Very confident band who had control of the audience like puppets on a string. Talk about the "it factor", they had it in spades.

3) van halen at the aud if only for the memory of DLR making a complete ass of himself guzzling water from a JD bottle all night boldly claiming how he wanted to get "f$ed up" tonight. if it were real it was obvious to anyone he would have been in ER getting his stomach pumped by the 2nd song.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

1) les Paul at a small jazz club in Manhattan. Not my style of music but man could that guy coax a range of emotion out of that guitar. Whole place was captivated.

2) rolling stones at Shea stadium. Not my favorite rock band, but they had the whole place rocking for all 90 minutes. Keith Richards owned the stage even more than mick. Very confident band who had control of the audience like puppets on a string. Talk about the "it factor", they had it in spades.

3) van halen at the aud if only for the memory of DLR making a complete ass of himself guzzling water from a JD bottle all night boldly claiming how he wanted to get "f$ed up" tonight. if it were real it was obvious to anyone he would have been in EM getting his stomach pumped by the 2nd song.

Was that VH concert in '79 or '80 or so?.......................I was in the front row (didn't pay - snuck in through a friend) and my friend and I kept laughing at how "We're going to teach Buffalo how to party and then we'll be back next year!"..............Both my friend and I could really drink alot, and we were like no way can anybody do that if it's really JD!

Was that VH concert in '79 or '80 or so?.......................I was in the front row (didn't pay - snuck in through a friend) and my friend and I kept laughing at how "We're going to teach Buffalo how to party and then we'll be back next year!"..............Both my friend and I could really drink alot, and we were like no way can anybody do that if it's really JD!

Not sure. Had too much JD in me lol. My only other reference is "Jump" was already released because my friend (a musician) commented the keyboard part was a recording since no one on stage was playing it.

Then, that's a different concert, since Jump was 1984 (the album and the year it was released)............So, DLR had that same schtick going 5 years later then!

I hated them for that, and then I went again for free in 2004 and didn't like that concert either. It was Sammy Hagar and not DLR.

I think those are the only two big concerts I've gone to for free, and I wanted my money back after both of them!

1. Dylan playing Merrillville, IN 1981 (just outside of Gary/Chicago). The very last song, he says "We're gonna bring out a special guest." and we all thought it might be Robbie Robertson or someone similar. He then pushes out this unknown guy in a wheelchair, adjusts the mike stand down for him, and the wheelchair guy sings a Chuck Berry cover, "No Money Down" (had to look it up, I had never heard it before). Dylan was playing sax during the verses, and coming forward to sing back-up on the choruses.

2. Dead Boys opening for Iggy in Chicago 1982?. They were playing "Caught With The Meat In Your Mouth" from the 2nd LP, Stiv Bators with his all-time great sneer...he unzipped his pants to add 'emphasis' to the song, but a beer bottle thrown from the crowd cold-cocked him (no pun intended) and that was the end of the Dead Boys set.

3. Dylan again with the Heartbreakers opening for the Dead at RFK Stadium, DC 1986 2nd show. The band was very very loose (drunk? high? tripping?). Half-way thru the show, they started playing "I'm Moving On", a complete trainwreck that came to a screeching halt after about a minute or so. Dylan regrouped the band, then says "Aw, we were just checking to see if these instruments were in tune... I think we're in tune now...", then went over-the-top rock star on the next 4 songs: strutting the front of the stage, holding his guitar like a machine gun, screaming the words to Just Like A Woman & Ballad Of A Thin Man, by far the best versions I ever saw him do, just stunning. Of course, before long it was Tom Petty's turn to sing, Dylan left the stage & all the energy was sapped from the stadium as per usual on that tour.

Then, that's a different concert, since Jump was 1984 (the album and the year it was released)............So, DLR had that same schtick going 5 years later then!

I hated them for that, and then I went again for free in 2004 and didn't like that concert either. It was Sammy Hagar and not DLR.

I think those are the only two big concerts I've gone to for free, and I wanted my money back after both of them!

Honestly so many concerts are just so disappointing and forgettable for me , I stopped going years ago. VH has such a great catalogue and Eddie is the greatest guitarist ever IMO, but they just ruin it live with the phoniness and lack of inspiration. They're far from alone.

I think that's just the way it is there. We had the balcony bouncing When Charlie Daniels was playing there.

Saw REM in Buffalo at the War Memorial, I think mid-1990's? I remember we had seats on the 2nd level and at some point during the concert I looked up at the 3rd level above us, to see it was bouncing above our heads. Made me very worried the rest of the show.

The Clash was the reason i was there....

The Who - Rich Stadium 1982(?), they start in with 'Love Reign O'er Me' and it starts sprinkling...

Wow, thanks's for unlocking that nugget from my feeble memory vault. My memory from that era sucks so bad anymore...it just seems like those years have been erased with a giant magnet.

Anyway:

1) Springsteen at the Aud in '84 from behind the stage...when the house lights came up on Born to Run and I could see the entire audience going nuts--almost like looking through Bruce's eyes--it was relevatory.

2) Talking Heads at RIT in '77...their debut album had just launched and Bryne doing Psycho Killer was unlike anything I'd experienced before.

3) Seeing the Foo's in Buffalo on the "Wasting Light' tour from great seats with my 15-year old son--just father and son experiencing the power / love of great music together was deeply satisfying.

Edited by Lurker

Sheesh!! I am so envious of you guys and your concert experiences! I do have some pretty good concert memories of my own though.

1. BB King - Landmark Theatre in Syracuse 03/03/1997 - What can I say? I was a senior in high school, and had the priviledge to see an absolute legend. Had great seats about 7 or 8 rows from the stage. He was absolutely amazing.

2. Grateful Dead - Rich Stadium 06/13/1993 - Again, I was pretty young, but having an older brother I was exposed to some pretty great music at a young age. Some of my friends though I was weird because I wasn't into much of the "popular" music of that time, but I knew what good music sounded like. My Brother let me tag along to this show with him and a bunch og his buddies. Incredible set list including some of my favorites...Tennessee Jed, Me and My Uncle, Mexicali Blues, Samson and Delilah, Long Way Home, Truckin'. Amazing.

3. Phish - Marine Midland Arena - 10/19/1996 - Second set Split Open and Melt, Fluffhead, Swept Away>Steep>Run Like an Antelope was one of the most incredible segments of live music I have ever experienced, I have seen Phish 7 or 8 times since, and they have never been as "dialed in" as they were on this evening.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Sheesh!! I am so envious of you guys and your concert experiences! I do have some pretty good concert memories of my own though.

1. BB King - Landmark Theatre in Syracuse 03/03/2007 - What can I say? I was a senior in high school, and had the priviledge to see an absolute legend. Had great seats about 7 or 8 rows from the stage. He was absolutely amazing.

2. Grateful Dead - Rich Stadium 06/13/1993 - Again, I was pretty young, but having an older brother I was exposed to some pretty great music at a young age. Some of my friends though I was weird because I wasn't into much of the "popular" music of that time, but I knew what good music sounded like. My Brother let me tag along to this show with him and a bunch og his buddies. Incredible set list including some of my favorites...Tennessee Jed, Me and My Uncle, Mexicali Blues, Samson and Delilah, Long Way Home, Truckin'. Amazing.

3. Phish - Marine Midland Arena - 10/19/1996 - Second set Split Open and Melt, Fluffhead, Swept Away>Steep>Run Like an Antelope was one of the most incredible segments of live music I have ever experienced, I have seen Phish 7 or 8 times since, and they have never been as "dialed in" as they were on this evening.

If my math is correct you would have been about 4 years old when you saw The Dead in '93 (You say you were a senior in HS in 2007)? That's a pretty serious musical addiction!

Metallica - Tokyo '98 - last night of their world tour. The Japanese audience was so polite, sitting in their seats (many in suits having come right frm work). First Metallica show I've seen where the crowd didn't sing along with every song. The only part the Japanese audience could sing was the Marianne Faithful "Da Da Da" parts from "The Memory Remains" - very odd to go from no crowd noise to thunderous "da da das"!

Slayer - Hell Awaits Tour '86 - When the band came on the mood was so dark and so agressive you got a feeling in the pit of your stomach - this was going to be an event...

Suicidal Tendencies/Pantera '90 - Pantera as an opener - killer set. ST comes on and the lights go down - open with "Can't Bring Me Down". As soon as Mike opens with "What the hell is going around here?" the lights come up and the crowd explodes. I get body checked - hard - by a very big solid guy, who, it turns out, is Phil Anselmo - after his set he figured he's hit the floor and mix it up with the fans for ST....