Top 3 Concert Moments

Gugny

If my math is correct you would have been about 4 years old when you saw The Dead in '93 (You say you were a senior in HS in 2007)? That's a pretty serious musical addiction!

Haha...the BB King show was actually in 1997, my senior year of high school. I was born in 1979, and was about 14 years old when I went to to that Dead show at Rich Stadium.

3) Seeing the Foo's in Buffalo on the "Wasting Light' tour from great seats with my 15-year old son--just father and son experiencing the power / love of great music together was deeply satisfying.

So many amazing experiences. This one is my favorite, thus far. We took our 9-year-old to see Bush and Nickelback last summer and watching him soak in the pyrotechnics, loud music and atmosphere was priceless.

My first was at 10 with my older brother seeing Queen in 1981. I told my son that I win!!!!

Metallica - Tokyo '98 - last night of their world tour. The Japanese audience was so polite, sitting in their seats (many in suits having come right frm work). First Metallica show I've seen where the crowd didn't sing along with every song. The only part the Japanese audience could sing was the Marianne Faithful "Da Da Da" parts from "The Memory Remains" - very odd to go from no crowd noise to thunderous "da da das"!

Slayer - Hell Awaits Tour '86 - When the band came on the mood was so dark and so agressive you got a feeling in the pit of your stomach - this was going to be an event...

Suicidal Tendencies/Pantera '90 - Pantera as an opener - killer set. ST comes on and the lights go down - open with "Can't Bring Me Down". As soon as Mike opens with "What the hell is going around here?" the lights come up and the crowd explodes. I get body checked - hard - by a very big solid guy, who, it turns out, is Phil Anselmo - after his set he figured he's hit the floor and mix it up with the fans for ST....

Wow that's quite a trio. I'd break my vow of no more concerts for that.