Rd 1, Pick #16: QB EJ Manuel - Florida St.

SDS

No man, I think this GM made another mistake by taking a QB at 16 when no other team was even interested in one in the first round.

I think there were just so many other positions that could have been filled instead of reaching for a QB that they could have drafted later on.

I don't like any of the QB's this year as they are all projects who need development in my view. If anything, I'm just very grateful Nix didn't take Geno Smith. At least this guy stands a chance to develop and actually has an arm, unlike Nassib & Barkley

well, at least I can agree with you on Smith. So happy to see what a baby he is. I Didnt think he was a good move. Of course this means nothing on the field but how he handled himself tonight is really saying a lot about him. I hope he falls to round 3 or later. Whiny B%#^H!!! Ill keep saying it because it feels good.

I think your wrong in Manuel though. I personally think he's first round talent. He will be a good QB IMO. And I don't care if they drafted him at 8. He's who I wanted and he's the future franchise QB. I like the fact that they took the guy they wanted all along. And on top of it, managed to get an extra second rounder.

I personally don't think there would have been a chance he's there at 41. As SJBF said, he was invited to the draft tonight so it was expected that his name might be called in the first round so apparently ESPN and the NFL thought he was 1st round talent as well.

I also don't think we get his at 41 because multiple teams ahead of us in the 2nd round need QBs for the king term and as many "experts" have said(even the ones that Didnt like the Bills taking him there) that he has the most upside in the draft but needs a year or 2 to develop. That's perfect for the Jets, Jags, Cards, KC, Oak, Philly, Cle who could all take a stab at a QB early in round 2 before we pick. If Manuel happened to be their "top" guy, then he wouldn't be there for us. Sure, we might have had a shot at one of the guys, but if Manuel is our guy. You take him when you know you can get him.

Again, if you knew before the draft that Glennon would be a HOF QB but he's projected to be a 4th rounder. Would you still take him at 16? What difference does it make where he's drafted. All that matters is you got the guy you wanted and thought would be the best.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know that? The Bills obviously had Manuel rated the highest. So why, just because other teams didn't take other players, are you sure Manuel would not have been taken?

You just don't know.

I guarantee a 1-2 QBs are going to be selected before we pick again at 41. So if we really wanted Manuel there was no way in hell to know he would be available at 41. I would think little chance. The teams that need QBs are all at the beginning of the second round.

True, but I suppose in hindsight we probably could have traded down again with SF, gotten some more picks, and still gotten Manuel at the end of round 1. That's nit-picking, though.

But the simple fact is that the one team that matters to Buddy and us, the Bills, WERE interested in a QB. Extremely interested. And when you already have played it to your advantage once, and still have your pick, you take your guy. Nothing was as important as our QB pick this year. We played it well.

You do realize we do not have the first pick in the second right? You do realize that there were at least 5 teams who would pick in front of us who could EASILY take a QB right? You do realize Cle and Philly were targeting him right? Philly was even rumored to be trying to trade back into bottom of first to get him if he was still there.

So, quite possibly, not only him, but also Nassib, Geno, and Barkley could have been gone before we picked at 41. Or we would have to sacrifice picks we need to move up to top of 2nd or bottom of first to take him.

He WAS the gut they WANTED, so we not only got him, but 2 extra picks too. So you want them to then gamble and have to maybe give up valued draft picks to get him?

Makes no sense. Seriously, who cares if he went 15 picks earlier than mock police had him going who have literally no rational intelligence on where to determine where they go anywan. All i know is that the staff wanted him, Chip Kelly wanted him, Cleveland wanted him...and we got him plus TWO EXTRA picks, including a 2nd which is huge!

I swear, how many more posts are gonna pop up about something some loser like Kiper or McShay or some other fool who gets paid to be WRONG 3 times more than are right? If McShay is so good, why isnt he a highly paid GM? Um, cuz he is almost always wrong along with Kiper, etc.

They get paid to sell their opinion, an opinion which is MOST OFTEN wrong. So many cant miss prospects who turn into busts. I loved today when Kiper mocked the Raiders for drafting Michael Huff, yet that year Kiper kept saying Huff was the best S prospect in ten years and teams should take him top 5. Same with Gallery...these idiots dont even acknowledge how badly wrong they are all the time. Why wasnt Russel Wilson rated higher by them last year? Because they have no clue

The simple fact that we traded down and got the guy we actually wanted (read on buffalorumblings a few hours before the draft that Marroune loved EJ). Was just talking with my dad, if we spent the next 2 picks on:

Williams, Terrance WR 6'2" 208

Baylor

Kelce, Travis TE 6'5" 255 Cincinnati

I would literally be uncontrollably ecstatic. I know a lot of ppl want use to pick up D positions, but i'm willing to roll the dice on FA's this year while we install w/e new D scheme we have and see how the players actually react to it. I feel like we really don't know what we have when we're going to be running a hybrid. That and i'd love to have weapons that actually pan out.

I likey

We could always sign Dansby tomorrow.

That was his team today.

If the bills didn't want Smith, and the jets didn't take him either, and at 16 the bills were the last team with a QB need, why wouldn't they take someone they can use right away instead of rolling the dice like the incompetent dolts that they are?

Even I knew as soon as the jets didn't take Geno that there wouldn't be a QB taken in rd 1. Within about 3 minutes after the jets pick I had the QB scenario figured out for rd2. A. Trade up to 31/32 to grab a QB ahead of the next team that needs one (jax) which I understand isn't Rd 2 but almost. B. Since the Eagles were the other team with strong interest in Manuel, and the Bills felt they had to have him you trade ahead of them to 34 with SF. Or I believe this is the best option, C. You take whatever Qb is available at that point because they are all pretty much Projects or guys who might be ready but have low ceilings, and don't they have to give up a pick to do so.

None of the QBs available could start for for the Bills or any other team this year, no QBs were good enought to be drafted day 1 and only one team was incompetent enought to not know it. Oh, and of all the projects, they took the one who needs the most time to develop. Way to go morons you panicked and panicked hard, get your F'ing heads out of the sand and look at whats going on around you. Like the Broncos in '11 you didn't need to make this pick and it was obvious to everyone but you.

Hey buddy, better get some linemen tomorrow to protect Kolb, Jackson, Korp and whatever retreads you bring in to play for the next 5 years until EJ is ready to go.

This pick makes me wanna f'ing puke.

Seriously, why do you people keep thinking that because a QB didnt go in round 1 besides Manuel that suddenly Bills have their pick of them at 41?

A) We do NOT have the first pick in the 2nd round

B) 5 teams ahead of us in the 2nd are teams who could easily take a QB and that could have meant that neither Nassib, Barkley, Geno, Manuel, or even Wilson would have been there.

C) Cle and Philly were said to be targeting him. Chip Kelly especially and were in discussions to move back into first round to get Manuel if he fell further.

D) The guy they wanted was Manuel, and not only did they get him, but they picked up 2 extra picks in doing so.

I swear, people b*tch just to b*tch. I am certain Manuel would NOT have been there at 41. I would have liked Eifert at 16, but still Manuel is a great prospect and if the Bills saw him as the BEST QB prospect and wanted him, then they HAD to take him at 16.

Big win for the Bills...stop reading so many mock drafts of people who know nothing about football like McShay and Kiper. All I know is that the two hot college coaches, Chip Kelly and Marrone were in love with this kid. And that is saying a lot with Marrone who coached Nassib to pass on him and go with this kid and bank his NFL career on it.

I think I will trust the facts more than your nausea

Edited by Alphadawg7

well, at least I can agree with you on Smith. So happy to see what a baby he is. I Didnt think he was a good move. Of course this means nothing on the field but how he handled himself tonight is really saying a lot about him. I hope he falls to round 3 or later. Whiny B%#^H!!! Ill keep saying it because it feels good.

I think your wrong in Manuel though. I personally think he's first round talent. He will be a good QB IMO. And I don't care if they drafted him at 8. He's who I wanted and he's the future franchise QB. I like the fact that they took the guy they wanted all along. And on top of it, managed to get an extra second rounder.

I personally don't think there would have been a chance he's there at 41. As SJBF said, he was invited to the draft tonight so it was expected that his name might be called in the first round so apparently ESPN and the NFL thought he was 1st round talent as well.

I also don't think we get his at 41 because multiple teams ahead of us in the 2nd round need QBs for the king term and as many "experts" have said(even the ones that Didnt like the Bills taking him there) that he has the most upside in the draft but needs a year or 2 to develop. That's perfect for the Jets, Jags, Cards, KC, Oak, Philly, Cle who could all take a stab at a QB early in round 2 before we pick. If Manuel happened to be their "top" guy, then he wouldn't be there for us. Sure, we might have had a shot at one of the guys, but if Manuel is our guy. You take him when you know you can get him.

Again, if you knew before the draft that Glennon would be a HOF QB but he's projected to be a 4th rounder. Would you still take him at 16? What difference does it make where he's drafted. All that matters is you got the guy you wanted and thought would be the best.

My fears stem from the fact that Manuel will need some real development in many areas and I just don't see that happening very well with the current state of the team. Now, should the Bills let him sit a year and learn while they build a better offense then perhaps he might just eventually pan out.

Lets not forget that this player was getting 3rd & 4th round grades from some scouts pre-Senior Bowl, just sayin.

As far as Smith goes, I dont think Geno got a fair shake on his exit. If I was him, I would be pissed to. Not at any team, but of the bogus info that was about his character or not working as hard as he should. People who knew him swore up and down he was the hardest worker on that team and no one ever presented any substance to those claims. In fact, all evidence pointed to the opposite. So he was probably pissed that he felt it hurt his draft stock, and I would be too. And it was probably to get his stock to fall, which it did. He wont wait long day 2 though

That was his team today.

If the bills didn't want Smith, and the jets didn't take him either, and at 16 the bills were the last team with a QB need, why wouldn't they take someone they can use right away instead of rolling the dice like the incompetent dolts that they are?

Even I knew as soon as the jets didn't take Geno that there wouldn't be a QB taken in rd 1. Within about 3 minutes after the jets pick I had the QB scenario figured out for rd2. A. Trade up to 31/32 to grab a QB ahead of the next team that needs one (jax) which I understand isn't Rd 2 but almost. B. Since the Eagles were the other team with strong interest in Manuel, and the Bills felt they had to have him you trade ahead of them to 34 with SF. Or I believe this is the best option, C. You take whatever Qb is available at that point because they are all pretty much Projects or guys who might be ready but have low ceilings, and don't they have to give up a pick to do so.

None of the QBs available could start for for the Bills or any other team this year, no QBs were good enought to be drafted day 1 and only one team was incompetent enought to not know it. Oh, and of all the projects, they took the one who needs the most time to develop. Way to go morons you panicked and panicked hard, get your F'ing heads out of the sand and look at whats going on around you. Like the Broncos in '11 you didn't need to make this pick and it was obvious to everyone but you.

Hey buddy, better get some linemen tomorrow to protect Kolb, Jackson, Korp and whatever retreads you bring in to play for the next 5 years until EJ is ready to go.

No, a panic would have been us trading UP to pick Manuel.

My memory is a little sketchy.....but were there not QB's selected BEFORE Tebow that year? This is not that situation.......it is widely known that the bills have gone over the QB prospects with a fine tooth comb......and they GOT THEIR PICK of the QBs coming out of this draft.......they didn't take them at 8....they traded down into the teens and took a QB there......whats not to like?

Thanks NC.

I haven't seen much of Marrone so I am speculating. Even though I've heard that he is rather brash and holds back a bit. But it does seem like Buddy is enamored with the pick and at first, it seems like Marrone is not happy. But then he opens up near the end. So it's tough to call.

As far as Smith goes, I dont think Geno got a fair shake on his exit. If I was him, I would be pissed to. Not at any team, but of the bogus info that was about his character or not working as hard as he should. People who knew him swore up and down he was the hardest worker on that team and no one ever presented any substance to those claims. In fact, all evidence pointed to the opposite. So he was probably pissed that he felt it hurt his draft stock, and I would be too. And it was probably to get his stock to fall, which it did. He wont wait long day 2 though

Why. Each QB needy team have visited with all these players multiple times and have their own sources in evaluating these players. I am sure NFL scouts are not reading into some random internet noise!. The biggest concern with Smith was his locking on to his primary receiver and his ability to handle tough situations.

Why. Each QB needy team have visited with all these players multiple times and have their own sources in evaluating these players. I am sure NFL scouts are not reading into some random internet noise!. The biggest concern with Smith was his locking on to his primary receiver and his ability to handle tough situations.

I understand that, but Geno has been bothered by it and even addressed it. I am saying he probably feels it hurt him and felt like it robbed him. I am not saying thats why he fell, I was saying why Geno thinks he fell.

My fears stem from the fact that Manuel will need some real development in many areas and I just don't see that happening very well with the current state of the team. Now, should the Bills let him sit a year and learn while they build a better offense then perhaps he might just eventually pan out.

Lets not forget that this player was getting 3rd & 4th round grades from some scouts pre-Senior Bowl, just sayin.

You seem to be determined to be miserable about the pick. Other scouts appear to have him rated higher, as it is believed the eagles and browns were targeting him in the 2nd.

the same scouts that have Blaine Gabbert high first round grades? Or how about Jamarcus Russell? Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, JP Losman, Rob Johnson, Mark Sanchez, etc... Could go on and on.

It's a crapshoot bro. Take who you think is the best at the position your looking for and that's it. You'll win some, you'll lose some. What gets me, is that EVERYONE HERE, without a doubt, thinks, knows that we need a QB. We finally take one with our first pick (first Tim since 1960), and people are complaining about it. Why is that? Because people want "their guy". And if its not "their guy" then the Bills obviously made a mistake. And of course since the Bills haven't made the playoffs, nor have they gambled right on a QB since Jim Kelly, its obvious that the chat room experts and so called "experts" on ESPN must be right.

At the end if the day, we needed a QB. We got the one we thought was the best one. Shouldn't matter if we reached. We still got the most important position on the field and we got the one we wanted all along. And on top of it, added an extra 2nd round pick.

People just need to quit bitching. It's getting annoying. If people don't like it, they can let the door hit em on the way out. There's plenty of other teams that constantly do well that are accepting bandwagon fans in a daily basis. This is a Bills message board. We just locked up the QB position more so than any in the past 20 or so years. Lets get a grip here.

Yes it may have been a bit early but you have no idea he wouldn't have been taken later.

There was no doubt the Bills needed a QB. They identified 'their guy' and got him. In the process they got an extra second round pick and a seventh plus we have a player at the most important position in football. QB's always go before 'their valued spot'. Do you think Jake Locker was worth the 8th pick, Christian Ponder the 12th??? No but this is how drafting QB's goes. Without a good one it doesn't matter how good your team is

Teams panic when it comes to QB's but you can't compare EJ to Tebow who was never a good pro prospect.

While EJ might not be your guy this Bills regime think he is and it's there butts on the line. Get behind this pick as he could be the guy to take our team back to the playoffs and our extra second rounder brings us another player that can make a difference to the fortunes of our Bills

Go Bills

What makes you so certain that if Manuel was still available late 1st, Philly wouldn't have moved up to assure that they got him before the Bills? It would have been rather costly for them to move back to mid 1st from the 36th pick, bottom 1st from 36 not so much.

That would have been the best thing to happen to the Bills.

They could have gotten on the phone and moved back some, the 49ers moved up to 18 and falcons to 22.

My overarching theme of this post though, is that they were the only team that didn't know that no one else was going to move back, trade up, or stay put to take one of these Qbs in the first round. Also that these QBs are not that good and whomever you pick is only going to be as succesful as the situation they go into. I'd rather have Eifert and Justin Rodgers to go along with whatever qb was left I don't care if its Glennon or Jones whether its at 46 or the 7th rd over a project with terrible accuracy that wont play this year.I would also bet big money that Barkley, Nassib or both are sitting there at 46.

Look at Cincinatti compared to Buffalo right now, I like Dareus but had they taken AJ Green instead Fitz might be the Bills QB still because guys like that make middling QBs look good. That's what is happening with the bengals right now, they have a nice qb but not an elite one so what do they do? they team him with Green, and instead of a being content with one good WR like buffalo, they draft another one (Sanu) and even though they have a good TE in Gresham they grab Eifert too. So as much as I am crapping on EJ Manuel there is hope he can be a player, but you don't take a QB at 16 if he isnt going to beat out Kevin Kolb or Tavaris Jackson right away when there is talent to be had at positions of need that can help this horrible team right now.

Manuel was my first QB so i am happy with the pick.

And I totally understand why anyone may like a QB better than they like Manuel.

But i don't understand the criticism of what the Bills did. They had to get a QB in the first two rounds. There wasn't any QB worthy of the #8 by almost all accounts. We got an extra second round pick, in a deep draft, AND the guy we clearly wanted.

You can argue that you hate EJ or wanted Geno or Barkley or Nassib, even though no one else thought they were a first rounder, but it's hard to argue with what the Bills did to get what they wanted.

Ok I just watched the Orange Bowl game.

EJM was literally flawless. Now you can say this and that about N. Illinois, but, they were ranked 15 and guess what...it doesn't matter. Why? Because: count mississipis from the time the ball is snapped to when it is out. Then see the ball get there, sometimes 30 yards, in half a second. Lawrence Taylor of 1984 could have lined up for N. Illinois, and it wouldn't have mattered.

Detail:

1: http://www.youtube.c...n7SGt5c#t=1313s wicked, wicked play fake and then effortless pass for a first...then idiot fumbles it.

2: http://www.youtube.c...n7SGt5c#t=1626s I thought the knock on EJM was "he can't move laterally". If so, then what exactly was this? It wasn't a roll out. It was a sprint out and throw the ball while still on the move. I really don't understand the "can't move around in the pocket" after watching this game.

3. http://www.youtube.c...n7SGt5c#t=1699s If #1 wasn't proof enough, here it is again. Ball fake, effortless pass on a rope, exactly on target. So far I haven't seen a pass that wasn't caught or should have been caught. There was 1(one) that he threw away due to pressure. The "accuracy" knock looks to be ludicrous.

4. http://www.youtube.c...n7SGt5c#t=2463s Important play here. Bad snap, no panic, just handles it and gets back to the LOS.

5. http://www.youtube.c...-6JSYZq8#t=156s "1 mississippi, 2 missippi", out, accurate 10+ yard pass, and 1st down. Again, you can rush anybody, but if that ball is out in 2 seconds and is that accurate, there's nothing they can do.

6. http://www.youtube.c...-6JSYZq8#t=382s Ok here's a potential problem. Is this manuel not knowing the protection, not seeing the defense, a bad line call by the center, or is it just...the LT completely F'ed up? I don't know football well enough to be sure, but I think it's the last one. However, I do see Manuel shift the RB away from the blitzer. Gotta think if he recognized the defense, he wouldn't have done that. He still almost made the throw in spite of getting his legs taken out.

7. http://www.youtube.c...-6JSYZq8#t=690s How easy did that look?

8. http://www.youtube.c...6JSYZq8#t=1886s Nice EJM plays in a row here:

1. check down

2. decent run

3. hit a slant in a tight window first down, nice post pattern hit the runner in stride(isnt' this guy supposed to be bad at anticipation throws? the wtf was that?)

4. busted play and EJM escapes pressure and hits his guy for 7 yards

5. wr screen pass to flat 1 missippi, gone, first down

6. sound awareness of the clock as soon as the run gets stuffed he calls timeout

7. nice pass to where only his WR can get it...TD.

Manuel was 6-6 on that. They started that drave at 3:57 on the clock. If that's not the perfect example of how you run a 4 minute offense, I don't know what is.

This is not a "waste" pick McShay :rolleyes:.

1. This guy can play the game, and clearly has the skill set to be elite. It all depends on how hard he works, and how well he is coached.

2. Don't try to tell a Bills fan about who is accurate, and who is not, we've had an object lesson in it for years. :bag: I saw WRs running after the catch, because they had been hit in stride, all over the place, for the entire game. I haven't seen football played this way(because I NEVER watch college, ever, and I only watch the Bills), in a very long time.

3. But the most damning thing for McShay? How in the hell do you have "slow eyes", when you are getting the ball out in 2 or less seconds, every...single..time?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

My feelings on Manuel------

I watched the Gruden Camps with the QBs...Manuel jumped out at me in terms of his intelligence. Given his height, speed, and athletiisism he is a similar mode to a Cam Newton/Colin Kaepatrick.

Outside of some package plays I dont se him playing at all until buffalo is out of it at the end of the season.

do not believe you rush a QB to start out of the gates in the NFL.. Too much risk.

The one thing that does bother me....

Did they consider trading down further? I think they could have gotten a 3rd to move down to around 22-24. I understand the concern was on the teams at the top of the 2nd who were looking to draft a QB and could have traded up into the first a head of Buffalo. Its easier for them at high 2nd to move to the 23-26 range than to try to move up to the mid first.

As for the trade of picks with St Louis. The deal was about what you should have done based on the draft pick value chart. For the rams to move up it costs them a 2nd but that is a little more in value, so they flip 3rd round picks and then St Louis throws in a 7th which then balances it out.

The added bonus---the Jets couldnt draft the WR.

His name probably only matters if he does something of significance such as winning a SB or two or even three in a row. So how do we pronounce it? Is it like reading a Manual? Or is it pronounced traditionally in Spanish to sound like Manwell? Or is it just safer for us illiterate folk to just call him EJ? I propose EJ. What say you? Choose wisely.

Edited by Pilsner

after the past 3 drafts do you really think has a clue?

I think the Bills' scouting dept did a really nice job in the 1st round. They picked up extra picks and still got the QB they wanted. How much of that is attributable to Buddy Nix is questionable. I happen to think that Doug Whaley is starting to have more "pull" with regard to the personnel decisions. Regardless, who are you to criticize BB? What makes you so certain that drafting EJ Manuel was a bad decision? Can you see the future?

There was no doubt the Bills needed a QB. They identified 'their guy' and got him. In the process they got an extra second round pick and a seventh plus we have a player at the most important position in football. QB's always go before 'their valued spot'. Do you think Jake Locker was worth the 8th pick, Christian Ponder the 12th??? No but this is how drafting QB's goes. Without a good one it doesn't matter how good your team is

Is that acceptable to you as a fan? We don't have a good Qb so were going to pass over actual talent and take one because that's "how drafting QBs goes." It isn't to me.

I'm sure the titans and Jags could find somebody to play just as good as Locker/ Gabbert while JJ Watt is playing for them instead of kicking their teeth in twice a year. A legit QB talent can drastically change a franchise but taking one in the first round does not make him a franchise QB. Those teams are hurting because they bought in to the myth of 'if you don't have one, you gotta get one' and forced themselves to fall in love with guys that weren't that talented and passed on guys who were and that's what buffalo did.

Edited by Cru Jones

Is that acceptable to you as a fan? We don't have a good Qb so were going to pass over actual talent and take one because that's "how drafting QBs goes." It isn't to me.

I'm sure the titans and Jags could find somebody to play just as good as Locker/ Gabbert while JJ Watt is playing for them instead of kicking their teeth in twice a year. A legit QB talent can drastically change a franchise but taking one in the first round does not make him a franchise QB. Those teams are hurting because they bought in to the myth of 'if you don't have one, you gotta get one' and forced themselves to fall in love with guys that weren't that talented and passed on guys who were and that's what buffalo did.

Gotta love the hindsight going on in this thread...

Here's a thought, if teams knew JJ Watt would be as good as he is, he wouldn't have made it to the Locker/Gabbert pick. So there's that.

You seem to be determined to be miserable about the pick. Other scouts appear to have him rated higher, as it is believed the eagles and browns were targeting him in the 2nd.

In fact, it doesn't even matter what the eagles or browns want to do. The Bills had him at the top of their chart and chose their #1 guy. I would rather pick my first choice rather than being dictated by someone else and then overpaying for it (like they did with JP Losman)

Very happy with day 1 :D .

+1. Sure wanted Barkley before the draft, but I think they can win with EJ..... EJ, CJ and TJ on the same field on Day 1....That is awesome

Sounds like a buddy pick. would rather have waited until secoind round for nasib or smith or barkley. don't like the pick as too much risk

This is actually an anti-buddy pick in some sense. The last two years they rated the QBs in the correct round and waited to pick them in those rounds and missed out on them...This time, they made sure that they got their guy (Whether the guy will succeed or not, that is a different issue).

I understand that, but Geno has been bothered by it and even addressed it. I am saying he probably feels it hurt him and felt like it robbed him. I am not saying thats why he fell, I was saying why Geno thinks he fell.

Agree. It is a pretty tough situation for Geno Smith. But that is why they get the big bucks. There are roughly 100 QBs playing the NFL every year. To be one of that 100, you got to show a lot of guts, maturity....In fact the draft was pretty harsh on many of the immature players today. No team wanted to take a flyer on a immature player.

look at it this way. buddy got the guy that they believe has the highest ceiling in this qb class, the biggest and most athletic of the bunch with a good head on his shoulders and a strong (enough) arm. he also managed to pick up another second round pick in the process, and now while these other teams are grabbing their qbs ahead of us in the second, we can grab a guy or two with first round talent that slipped a bit. sounds good to me.

That was his team today.

They traded down, picked up some nice picks to work with, and got to select the QB they wanted, but people STILL complain.

"They could have taken a guard....waaaaaaaah"

Edited by Marauder'sMicro