Rd 1, Pick #16: QB EJ Manuel - Florida St.

SDS

Another shiny toy pick by the best in the business at getting rubes into the stadium on sundays. good job brandon you did it again. Drafting a prospect at 16 who by all accounts is still around late into the second round and maybe the third is flat out stupid. Stupid if your concerned about winning football games that is, but genius for selling the homers tickets and merchandise.

Hey maybe while he's "learning to be a QB" he can fill in at LB or TE.

Whose?

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Will teams PLEASE stop helping the Paties by trading with them!!!!!!

This. It seems to happen EVERY year. WTF, the Pats* got FOUR picks for a pick at the end of the first round. I don't have the draft value chart in front of me but does that really shake out as an even trade? Really? Even if the values match up, four guys to one??

This. It seems to happen EVERY year. WTF, the Pats* got FOUR picks for a pick at the end of the first round. I don't have the draft value chart in front of me but does that really shake out as an even trade? Really? Even if the values match up, four guys to one??

It's in another thread -- the values actually are pretty close.

Maybe they'll get all 32 7th round picks if they play it right.

The Patriots drafting prowess is a myth.

"He can throw the ball vertically down the field.

He has a good arm.

He can get himself out of trouble.

He can create things with his feet.

He has good presence in the huddle.

He's accurate.

And we're excited to have him."

Buffalo Bills Head Coach on EJ Manuel's skill set.

Welcome aboard EJ. I'm rooting for you already.

Another shiny toy pick by the best in the business at getting rubes into the stadium on sundays. good job brandon you did it again. Drafting a prospect at 16 who by all accounts is still around late into the second round and maybe the third is flat out stupid. Stupid if your concerned about winning football games that is, but genius for selling the homers tickets and merchandise.

Hey maybe while he's "learning to be a QB" he can fill in at LB or TE.

So, if the Jets had the same "plan" as you - they didn't get their man did they? See how easy that is?

No, I'm talking about a guy that came a guy that flopped against the only two good defenses he saw the last two years. If you're talking about the #15 team being N. Ill then you have to add that they lost to a terrible Iowa team and squeaked out a 1 point win over Army. That team? Ok if it makes you feel better!

How did he play against the Gators the last two years? He was terrible at home against Oklahoma and lost the game by himself!

You can't blitz in the senior bowl and EJ has zero pocket presence bud. Watch a few college games or talk to some FSU fans.

Peyton Manning played 4 games against Florida in college. UT's record in those 4 games: 0-4. Should the Colts have passed on him?

Actually, I share most of your concerns about Manuel. I'm not thrilled with the pick, but I wouldn't be with any of this years' QB's. I don't see him as our savior/Franchise QB.

I hope we're not done drafting QB's and I hope I'm wrong..

"He can throw the ball vertically down the field.

He has a good arm.

He can get himself out of trouble.

He can create things with his feet.

He has good presence in the huddle.

He's accurate.

And we're excited to have him."

Buffalo Bills Head Coach on EJ Manuel's skill set.

Welcome aboard EJ. I'm rooting for you already.

"But I really didn't want him."

GO BILLS!!!

It's in another thread -- the values actually are pretty close.

OK, sorry, not intending to hijack. Still don't quite buy the value analysis when there are four picks on one side and one on the other. Nor do I understand why people still trade with those bandits.

i could not log in last night, did the site crash??

anyway I love the trade down for the extra picks. I like the fact they got a QB.

I just hope they are correct with picking Manuel.

Yup. SDS explains details in the sorry about the downtime thread.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Shoulda traded back again if we were gonna take this guy. Just don't understand this team and their thinking process on drafting QBs. Completely inept. This guy better live in the film room his rookie year and eat, breathe, and sh** football. He's a 2-3 year project and is far from being ready to take over the reigns. Get ready to draft another QB in 4 years.

I LOVE this pick.

We finally get a QB who has a great arm, hight and mobility and people are still crapping on this pick?

I swear we could have drafted Andrew Luck and people would still be complaining.

As far as McS**t goes, I swear most commentators hate Buffalo and would have crapped on our pick no matter who we chose.

CBF

Exactly, McShay loved Aaron Maybin so just remember that... he doesn't know more than anyone else about how these guys will turn out. This guy has the highest upside of all of these QBs, no physical limitations whatsoever.... a welcomed addition after watching the rag arm Fitz.

He was the Bills highest rated QB so why would they wait until round 2 and risk a team like the Eagles or even worse the Jets stealing him before our 2nd round selection... some of you guys are clueless and love to b*tch... stop drooling on Todd McShay's every word....

http://forums.twobil...draft-articles/

Scary the similarities. I don't like the pick. They would have taken him at 8th if they couldn't have found a trade partner. He won't help until 2014 at the earliest IF he develops. Now the expectations will be huge- FRANCHISE QB- and they will rush him into starting. This organization has not been right in a very long time, don't see much with EJ to convince me right now that it will turn out any differently this time. They could have filled a couple of other needs and with players that will start much sooner and still had a choice of 3-4 QB's with their 2nd pick in the 2nd.

Excellent comparison.

Shoulda traded back again if we were gonna take this guy. Just don't understand this team and their thinking process on drafting QBs. Completely inept. This guy better live in the film room his rookie year and eat, breathe, and sh** football. He's a 2-3 year project and is far from being ready to take over the reigns. Get ready to draft another QB in 4 years.

Says you, with how much QB evaluation experience?

Serious question -- do you fault the process the Bills went through pre-draft, evaluating every top QB prospect multiple times and bringing all in for private workouts and visits? Do you believe they could/should have done more? If so, what?