Rd 1, Pick #16: QB EJ Manuel - Florida St.

SDS

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Kurt "Grocery Boy" Warner added to the list of idiots. Says he really likes Manuel but not in the 1st round. Said other QBs could have been had in the 2nd round.

Let me get this straight Grocery Boy, if "other" QBs would still be there and available for us in the 2nd round, your saying your not positive that Manuel will be there for us when we pick again at 41. But if we reached that much for him, how in the hell could he be gone possibly by our pick at 41?

We got the guy we wanted. The one guy we thought was the best in this draft. And got extra picks. People are stupid. Tom Brady proves that. If you knew he would be that good, any team would have drafted him at 1st overall. Hell, people would have traded 2 straight drafts for him if they knew he'd be that good.

These jokes of Ex-NFLers need to get their heads out of their asses and stop being bitter because they were never drafted in the first place all those years ago.

Rated the 40th player in the draft and yet Bills fans are ecstatic because they got him at 16.

What I don't get is why pick him at #16, what other team was even contemplating a QB in the first round? The could have moved back even more and still probably have gotten him in the 2nd round.

NFL Comparison: Blaine Gabbert

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ej-manuel?id=2539228

Lol Kurt "Grocery Boy" Warner added to the list of idiots. Says he really likes Manuel but not in the 1st round. Said other QBs could have been had in the 2nd round.

Let me get this straight Grocery Boy, if "other" QBs would still be there and available for us in the 2nd round, your saying your not positive that Manuel will be there for us when we pick again at 41. But if we reached that much for him, how in the hell could he be gone possibly by our pick at 41?

We got the guy we wanted. The one guy we thought was the best in this draft. And got extra picks. People are stupid. Tom Brady proves that. If you knew he would be that good, any team would have drafted him at 1st overall. Hell, people would have traded 2 straight drafts for him if they knew he'd be that good.

These jokes of Ex-NFLers need to get their heads out of their asses and stop being bitter because they were never drafted in the first place all those years ago.

Yeah, I don't think he understood that EJ is THE guy we wanted. We weren't just looking for A guy, we wanted THE guy. Oh well.

Rated the 40th player in the draft and yet Bills fans are ecstatic because they got him at 16.

What I don't get is why pick him at #16, what other team was even contemplating a QB in the first round? The could have moved back even more and still probably have gotten him in the 2nd round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ej-manuel?id=2539228

who cares? They got the guy they wanted. What's it matter where you pick him if you get your franchise QB?

Blaine Gabbert is laughable. And even Gabbert was rated very high. By the same so called "experts" that are saying we reached for Manuel.

I love what this says about Marrone. I'm sure he could've used the WCO he used at Syracuse and moved the chains a bit with Nassib or Barkley, who would've been "safer" picks.

Choosing Manuel tells me he realizes to win in the NFL his scheme needs to be more than dink and dunk. He's challenging himself to evolve beyond what worked for him at Syracuse and attack defenses in multiple ways. 'Just give me someone with all the tools and I'll teach him the mental side of the game.' It's a sign of confidence.

My take is this has Buddy Nix written all over it, Nix thinks he got another Cam Newton.

who cares? They got the guy they wanted. What's it matter where you pick him if you get your franchise QB?

Blaine Gabbert is laughable. And even Gabbert was rated very high. By the same so called "experts" that are saying we reached for Manuel.

Who cares? we will see in about two years

That was his team today.

If the bills didn't want Smith, and the jets didn't take him either, and at 16 the bills were the last team with a QB need, why wouldn't they take someone they can use right away instead of rolling the dice like the incompetent dolts that they are?

Even I knew as soon as the jets didn't take Geno that there wouldn't be a QB taken in rd 1. Within about 3 minutes after the jets pick I had the QB scenario figured out for rd2. A. Trade up to 31/32 to grab a QB ahead of the next team that needs one (jax) which I understand isn't Rd 2 but almost. B. Since the Eagles were the other team with strong interest in Manuel, and the Bills felt they had to have him you trade ahead of them to 34 with SF. Or I believe this is the best option, C. You take whatever Qb is available at that point because they are all pretty much Projects or guys who might be ready but have low ceilings, and don't they have to give up a pick to do so.

None of the QBs available could start for for the Bills or any other team this year, no QBs were good enought to be drafted day 1 and only one team was incompetent enought to not know it. Oh, and of all the projects, they took the one who needs the most time to develop. Way to go morons you panicked and panicked hard, get your F'ing heads out of the sand and look at whats going on around you. Like the Broncos in '11 you didn't need to make this pick and it was obvious to everyone but you.

Hey buddy, better get some linemen tomorrow to protect Kolb, Jackson, Korp and whatever retreads you bring in to play for the next 5 years until EJ is ready to go.

This pick makes me wanna f'ing puke.

Totally agree, I thought how are we the only team to panic and grab a third round project.

I'm so frickin sick of Nix I can't even stand it. How many drafts is the guy going F up before they show him the door, the only good he has ever done is find practice squad lineman.

How in the hell do you reach for a guy with potential in the first round, you draft those guys later and hope they pan out. If we wanted potential we could have drafted the best arm in Tyler Bray in the third and development.

Why the hell didn't we take Tyler Eifert or just stay at 8 and draft Austin

Nix has to GO!

http://www.nfl.com/d...nuel?id=2539228

You don't seem to understand that QBs are weighted differently than other players.

And speaking of your lack of understanding, why do you think Manuel accepted an invitation to attend the draft?

Why do you think Matt Barkley declined his invitation?

Take your time. I know this could be confusing for you.

Totally agree, I thought how are we the only team to panic and grab a third round project.

I'm so frickin sick of Nix I can't even stand it. How many drafts is the guy going F up before they show him the door, the only good he has ever done is find practice squad lineman.

How in the hell do you reach for a guy with potential in the first round, you draft those guys later and hope they pan out. If we wanted potential we could have drafted the best arm in Tyler Bray in the third and development.

Why the hell didn't we take Tyler Eifert or just stay at 8 and draft Austin

Nix has to GO!

And Nix didn't trade for John Skelton.

He really has no clue.

let me guess. You really wanted Barkley. Or Nassib. Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!'

No man, I think this GM made another mistake by taking a QB at 16 when no other team was even interested in one in the first round.

I think there were just so many other positions that could have been filled instead of reaching for a QB that they could have drafted later on.

I don't like any of the QB's this year as they are all projects who need development in my view. If anything, I'm just very grateful Nix didn't take Geno Smith. At least this guy stands a chance to develop and actually has an arm, unlike Nassib & Barkley

If there's one thing we can say, it's that the Bills got the guy they wanted, and grabbed two extra picks in the process. Great job.

I think at this point, that's all we can say. I don't have any idea if Manuel will be any good but there is no doubt that the Bills wanted a QB above all else, got the top QB on their board, and grabbed some extra picks in the process. So far, so good. Now we have to see if he can play. I have not seen him play much in college so I probably should keep quiet.

No man, I think this GM made another mistake by taking a QB at 16 when no other team was even interested in one in the first round.

But the simple fact is that the one team that matters to Buddy and us, the Bills, WERE interested in a QB. Extremely interested. And when you already have played it to your advantage once, and still have your pick, you take your guy. Nothing was as important as our QB pick this year. We played it well.

You don't seem to understand that QBs are weighted differently than other players.

And speaking of your lack of understanding, why do you think Manuel accepted an invitation to attend the draft?

Why do you think Matt Barkley declined his invitation?

Take your time. I know this could be confusing for you.

Don't condescend, Geno Smith got an invitation also what did that do for him?.

Hey, you guys want to gloat about this draft choice, feel free. I just think you will all be crying in another year or two.