Stevie wants DHB (Update - goes to Colts)

NoSaint

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this is a better description (from DHB wikipedia and I make no apologies for that :rolleyes: )

"On March 24th, 2013 Bey was photographed with Stevie Johnson, WR of the Buffalo Bills, alluding to a possible recieving tandem in Buffalo in the coming NFL season."

We have no way of telling if this is truth or advertisement on SJ's part. I would like it to be true, I think he's a good player.

It doesn't say he is signed. Stevie maybe just recruiting.

I'm sure they're just chilling in the BAt area last night.

I did a little digging through SJ's twitter pics. It appears that on the 22nd there was some sort of Bills-related (but not official NFL) event in CA. There is a pic captioned "getting ready for TheTurnUp" of what appears to be natural grass, with Stevie's leg propped up on a Bills helmet while someone tapes his cleat. Stevie is wearing socks and custom cleats that I don't believe would be allowed at an official NFL event. There is a pic on the same day, of SJ signing for fans. Someone familiar might recognize the color and pattern of the bricks.

Some kind of media event on NFL players? The Bills have stated they will have a private workout with Barkley but I haven't seen the date publicized - private workout means "where Barkley trains" Anaheim? There is a pic of Barkley and Stevie at an Anaheim Ducks game in about the same time slice. A subsequent series of pics shows DHB Stevie and apparently wives at a club (again, someone familiar might recognize the club) Barkley's pro day will be 27 Mar. Stevie is a CA boi in the off season.

Is it possible Barkley is throwing some passes to Stevie as part of a workout, and DHB was invited to show up for the Bills to have a look? Hmmm.

I did a little digging through SJ's twitter pics. It appears that on the 22nd there was some sort of Bills-related (but not official NFL) event in CA. There is a pic captioned "getting ready for TheTurnUp" of what appears to be natural grass, with Stevie's leg propped up on a Bills helmet while someone tapes his cleat. Stevie is wearing socks and custom cleats that I don't believe would be allowed at an official NFL event. There is a pic on the same day, of SJ signing for fans. Someone familiar might recognize the color and pattern of the bricks.

Some kind of media event on NFL players? The Bills have stated they will have a private workout with Barkley but I haven't seen the date publicized - private workout means "where Barkley trains" Anaheim? There is a pic of Barkley and Stevie at an Anaheim Ducks game in about the same time slice. A subsequent series of pics shows DHB Stevie and apparently wives at a club (again, someone familiar might recognize the club) Barkley's pro day will be 27 Mar. Stevie is a CA boi in the off season.

Is it possible Barkley is throwing some passes to Stevie as part of a workout, and DHB was invited to show up for the Bills to have a look? Hmmm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuhPPOXnyKo Edited by Don't stop billievein

Ruvell Martin would be a better value. I think he's got the skills to match Bey's career average of 39 yards per game.

That's one of these "statistically the duck is dead" figures, BPA. Need to look under the hood a bit more. The last 2 years, DHB has put up ~53 ypg in 30 games, a bit more if you take into account 4 games he dressed for but didn't play (held out for injury concerns). That would be about 850 yd season. I could be wrong but I don't think you'll see that from Ruvell Martin.

DHB is Oakland's Whitner, targeted by the fact he was a #7 overall pick and didn't produce at all commensurate with that level his 1st 2 years in the league. OTOH, he had JaBustus Russell throwing to him as a rookie and after that, chaos until the QB sitch settled down to be Jason Campbell and DHB started to show flashes. In 2011 with Campbell then Palmer throwing to him, he was Oakland's leading receiver and in 2012 one of their top 3 - seems to have developed. Oakland cutting him is purely a salary cap move. (If we want to winge about the status of the Bills WR roster, take a look at Oakland's sitch).

If he were signed to a contract more commensurate with where he's been statistically for the last 2 seasons, he could be value. The game-ending endzone concussion he received is a bit scary.

One thing I'd want on my offense are players who force opposing defenses to cover deep and sideline to sideline, you need a strong armed QB first and a speed guy like DHB second

I can see why Stevie wants him, he's imagining all that space opening up to him.

One thing I'd want on my offense are players who force opposing defenses to cover deep and sideline to sideline, you need a strong armed QB first and a speed guy like DHB second

I can see why Stevie wants him, he's imagining all that space opening up to him.

I guess that nocks Nassib off the List. Can`t complete a deep ball to save his life. Oh....was I talking about Fitz ?? Nassib,. Fitz ...Fitz ..Nassib.

If Stevie is really moved to the slot and TJ Graham is out wide. DHB would be an upgrade over who else would be outwide?

So that's a no brainer depending on the money.

However I doubt DHB or any WR or TE would sign with the Bills until the QB situation is resolved.

Why would DHB go from J.Russ-A.Mess-J.Camp-C.Palm and then go to T.Jax?

That would be a dumb move.

If Stevie is really moved to the slot and TJ Graham is out wide. DHB would be an upgrade over who else would be outwide?

So that's a no brainer depending on the money.

However I doubt DHB or any WR or TE would sign with the Bills until the QB situation is resolved.

Why would DHB go from J.Russ-A.Mess-J.Camp-C.Palm and then go to T.Jax?

That would be a dumb move.

Two possible reasons:

1) Knowing (as the entire world does) that the Bills are drafting a quarterback in the first round this year.

2) The best contract offer on the table.

Anyways, shouldn't the discussion of Stevie wanting DHB be moved to Off the Wall?

NSFWAC

Stevie probably wants HGH.

That said, our receiving corp stinks right now. I'd feel a lot better if we were to go into the season with Stevie, DHB, and Fred Davis. heyward bey would be a good complement to SJ (considering who is available). He is the kind of player that Nix tried to get last year in Robert Meachem.

It's also possible we could bring David Nelson back, which I would like. Something is obviously not right with him on the injury front, and that must be why we didn't tender him. The guy went to India for a week as soon as FA, started. he knew he wasn't going to get any offers. That would be the only reason the Bills wouldn't tender him. But maybe when he proves he is back and 100%, teams, including us, could look at him as a #3 or #4.

Heyward-Bey would be a good complement to SJ (considering who is available). He is the kind of player that Nix tried to get last year in Robert Meachem.

And this is an awesome point.

What would DHB and Meachem's careers look like if Meachem had been in Oakland and DHB had been catching balls from Drew Brees?

Is their one single person here who wouldn't think that DHB would be considered the better player?

Meachem after signing that ridiculous contract with San Diego $7.5 million signing bonus) only started 3 games and only caught 14 passes working with Phillip Rivers.

it amazes me sometimes - a 20 page thread about how we are doomed without david nelson, but stevie is an idiot for wanting a guy that can take the top off a defense with 1600 yards at 15 yards per catch and 9 tds in his last 2 seasons

he was overpaid as a top 10 pick (not his fault)

depending on the next contracts value, he could be a perfect role player

Agreed! He is a good player, and lets not forget he lacked a QB to throw the ball deep to him. Even though that may be a problem next year depending on who we draft, it shouldn't be the following year.

And this is an awesome point.

What would DHB and Meachem's careers look like if Meachem had been in Oakland and DHB had been catching balls from Drew Brees?

Is their one single person here who wouldn't think that DHB would be considered the better player?

Meachem after signing that ridiculous contract with San Diego $7.5 million signing bonus) only started 3 games and only caught 14 passes working with Phillip Rivers.

Which goes back to my point.

Why would he take a chance on TJax as his QB.

What if Smith and Barkley go before #8 and the Bills take Dion Jordan. Then Glennon and Nassib go late first round early second and the Bills take Austin in the second.

Then Wilson and Jones go late in the 2nd/ early 3rd?

Which could really hapen.

It'd be far better for DHB to be the 3rd or 4th option with a great QB with less money and less years or sign on with Baltimore than be stuck in a bad QB situation.

(Seriously DHB would be a good fit with Torrey Smith and Flacco)

Edited by Why So Serious?

Why did Greg Jennings sign on to play with Christian Ponder?

There's this little thing called money.

Your opinion of Christian Ponder may differ from others.

See Flacco 2010.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Maybin displayed no where near the freakish talent on film that Patterson displays. The guy truly has "greatness" type of moves and with Stevie Johnson's tutelage, I can see him surpassing Andre Reed as the best Bills WR ever.

I thought Terrell Owens was the best Bills WR ever? :rolleyes:

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright