Stevie wants DHB (Update - goes to Colts)

NoSaint

Not the ones that are OPEN WHEN THEY ARE COVERED. Those guys are elite. DHB is, well, not that.

There may be only 7 or 8 of those guys in the league, and I'm not sure any are FA's (maybe Welker).

I would rather have a guy like DHB than Amendola. We need a deep threat. Stevie is really the underneath Welker type anyway. You can't have an entire WR corp of guys that operate best under 10 yards from the line of scrimmage, too easy to game plan for that.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see us make a play for Danny Amendola. I think he could be a Wes Welker type addition if he can stay healthy. He's my favorite WR on the market. I like how DHB has improved since his disastrous rookie season, but right now he is more of a depth piece with some upside.

That's an issue that will always be with him. A team just can't pay him much because they don't know how many starts he's good for. Some team will take him off the market but I don't think he's gonna get much $$$. A top tier team that has two or three good receivers that are solid could benefit having him, like Atlanta, for one. Two lights out wideouts and a slot guy, Amendola, I think would be good fit in Atlanta if he wants to work for under $2m.

Those stats are under David Nelson levels? Like I said with those stats, minimum salary with incentives. Nothing else.

David Nelson never had 15 ypc

Never had 975 yards in a season

Never ran a 4.3

Has a torn ACL

Otherwise....

Are you asking me a question? No, they aren't. You're adorable.

You know, when you mature, and you are somewhat adorable, you will realize signing players like Bey, other teams failure's year after year is a big part of the reason this team has been so bad for so long. When you are satisfied and settle for mediocrity at best, don't complain when that is all you get on the field. Although, on second thought, mediocrity on this team would be a major improvement. Edited by BuffBill

You know, when you mature, and you are somewhat adorable, you will realize signing players like Bey, other teams failure's year after year is a big part of the reason this team has been so bad for so long. When you are satisfied and settle for mediocrity at best, don't complain when that is all you get on the field.

How is he a failure? He's simply too expensive for the Raiders relative to his production. No one is asking him to come in and be Jerry Rice or even Stevie Johnson. They want a guy who can stretch the field and put up about 800 yards, which is exactly what he has done. That seems like a more mature, nuanced opinion than "he plays for bad team, therefore he's bad."

He fits the mold of the type of guy the Bills are targeting this off season.

Has shown production and starting capability and should come at a fair price.

If he is still out there by tomorrow his asking price should be around $5mil base and then incentives to kick it up to maybe $6.5-$7mil.

David Nelson never had 15 ypc

Never had 975 yards in a season

Never ran a 4.3

Has a torn ACL

Otherwise....

Yep .

He seems like exactly the type of guy the Bills are most likely targeting- shown starting ability, right age, and can be had most likely at a fair price. The longer he goes unsigned the better the price gets.

You know, when you mature, and you are somewhat adorable, you will realize signing players like Bey, other teams failure's year after year is a big part of the reason this team has been so bad for so long. When you are satisfied and settle for mediocrity at best, don't complain when that is all you get on the field. Although, on second thought, mediocrity on this team would be a major improvement.

Failure? The guy produces. Just because he isn't a superstar doestnt make him a failure.

DHB is a one-trick pony. He's not a good WR. He's a horrible route runner, and has butter fingers. The guy is a track star who, when healthy, can make those DB's play honest. We already have this type of WR...his name is TJ Graham.

This is what I was thinking. We need someone more dynamic and threatening

Polian has Bey slotted at #10 (dead last) on the tier B receiver free agents still available.

Polian's list was awful. He didn't even have guys like Shaun Philips, Fred Davis, Sean Smith, Michael Bennett. Derek Anderson was a "B." That was a lazy and poor job.

Super idea! Let's let our current, and even former, team members lobby for their wanna' be team mates. For example, could someone get in touch w/ Aaron Maybin and plumb the depths of his vast skill and experience set for suggestions?

This doesn't make any sense as an example.

What's with all the Stevie hate? Seriously? What's the worst that can happen, the guy comes and meets with the GM and Buddy decided it's a no go?

Look, I'm not sold on DHB, and from the sounds of it he's Lee Evans 2.0, but seriously, if we can get a CHEAP Lee Evans 2.0 we fix the problem that was never solved when we got rid of him: a deep, speedy threat to get attention off of Stevie. If we could get a rookie 1st or 2nd round pick on the outside, and put Stevie in the slot where he wants, suddenly we are looking a lot better.

LOL.. I'm sure Lee Evans wishes he was 6'2 and 210+ lbs..

Would love to get this guy.

DStebb, why isn't Mark Harrison from Rutgers getting any love? This dude is beastly, 6'3" 231lbs and run a 4.4 40. Reminds me of Brandon Marshall without the OTF problems. Getting DHB and Harrison in the draft will help any QB with accuracy and arm strength excel. (Cue the Glennon music)

They said the same thing about Eric Moulds!

Completely different receivers. Moulds ran a 4.51 40 coming out of college, DHD ran a 4.3. Moulds honed his game, and was a pretty well-rounded receiver by his 3rd season. DHB, well, he hasn't really done anything significant in his 4 years in the league

it amazes me sometimes - a 20 page thread about how we are doomed without david nelson, but stevie is an idiot for wanting a guy that can take the top off a defense with 1600 yards at 15 yards per catch and 9 tds in his last 2 seasons

he was overpaid as a top 10 pick (not his fault)

depending on the next contracts value, he could be a perfect role player

Amen! I'm not one for hating but you got it right with the David Nelson crap. DHB at a fair price is worth a shot.

There are a couple options out there that I'd prefer, but he's better than TJ (at this point) and brad smith. I'm sure we plan on signing 1 or 2 wrs in FA, lets just hope they're better than jones and Nelson. I believe DHB is that, although we could do better. If Bey were the 2nd best WR we sign, I'd really be ok with it. Looking at our QB situation, it might be tough to convince any WR to come here.