Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

Thanks for the brutal clarification Nanker. Worse than i thought.

Marrone was recently asked about Kolb signing and said he was unable to speak about details.

But he slyly added that as soon as Kolb is on board he will.

I'm not worried and expect the details to be ironed out.

Now about the Skelton trade...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy..that sly old codger...trying to pull a fast one on the city-slicker!

That's like getting duped by an Okie from Muskogee.

maybe theyve decided they want skelton instead?

So it's not on like a mofo?

How does Kolb's agent misunderstanding something make the Bills FO amateurs?

Maybe he's accustomed to using multisyllabic words?

I was talking to Kevin Kolb earlier... he didn't seem overly concerned with how much money some fans were making! :lol:

Well I will tell you this. I didn't make 2.5 mil and not even have to wear a company shirt last year... @Tjax

Edited by 95altima12

I have yet to see a breakdown of the contract/incentives. In fact, I have not seen any official announcement that he actually is signed.

I too and interested and hopeful that it includes a good chunk of incentives. It would be frustrating if the Bills overpaid for a guys with so many question marks.

Edited by Maddog69

I have yet to see a breakdown of the contract/incentives. In fact, I have not seen any official announcement that he actually is signed.

I too and interested and hopeful that it includes a good chunk of incentives. It would be frustrating if the Bills overpaid for a guys with so many question marks.

Well I will tell you this. I didn't make 2.5 mil and not even have to wear a company shirt last year... @Tjax

Sorry...just busting yer chops! You bring up a valid issue.

Do we even know if Kolb signed a contract yet? It seems like there has been a hitch in the plan...I assume they will work it out.

Does anyone know how much of the 13 mil is incentives? I don't mind the Kolb signing but I hope a good chunk of that 6.5 Mil a year is incentives in case he is on the bench.

"in case he's on the bench" ? That's a virtual certainty. That or IR.

Kolb is welcome to go on IR somewhere else. Tjax is fine till we have a new qb ready. We don't have to waste big money while rebuilding. EJ 1st pick, if he doesn't work out , another 1st rd pick till we guess right.

Edited by independent

As of 2 days ago, coach Marrone said Kolb was not officially under contract yet and therefore not part of the team. He said he would not comment on Kolb unless we sign him.

I dont believe it was an "unless" we sign him, I think he said "when" we sign him. Made it sound like a forgone conclusion.

Well I one of the reasons I asked was because this site mentioned:

"The Bills signed Kevin Kolb, but he's not going to earn much money if he doesn't start. It's been reported by Peter King, among others, that Kolb's presence in Buffalo won't preclude Nix from selecting a quarterback with the eighth-overall pick."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Not the best source in the world but I visit it often as they update there mock draft a lot.

A buddy text me when the Bills were "interested" in Kolb making fun of us. I then told him I wouldn't mind Kolb to compete and maybe land as a back up for 2-3 mil. :doh: not 6.5

Well I one of the reasons I asked was because this site mentioned:

"The Bills signed Kevin Kolb, but he's not going to earn much money if he doesn't start. It's been reported by Peter King, among others, that Kolb's presence in Buffalo won't preclude Nix from selecting a quarterback with the eighth-overall pick."

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Not the best source in the world but I visit it often as they update there mock draft a lot.

I found this quote from King, if Walter is going off this they're overstating it. They make it sound like a report with a source when it's just speculation.

"I think I like Kevin Kolb as a Bill, but if he thinks Doug Marrone is done acquiring passers, he's crazy. Still think the Bills pick a quarterback in the first or second round of the draft."

http://m.si.com/2586539/palmer-flynn-moves-make-sense-but-theyre-not-guaranteed-fixes/

The deal is held up because Kolb found out that #24 is no longer available.

He was only coming here for the chance to play with an openly gay teammate, and since Gilmore is only changing jersey numbers he's reconsidering his options.

Now that he's had time to think about it, he's not sure that he wants to stick his knuckle in the butt of the kid from Bad Santa, either.

Edited by transient

This, searched the internet and nothing new on the signing - nothing basically since the agreement news 5 days ago.

I did find this transcript of an interview with Greg Cosell which some may find interesting.

He was only coming here for the chance to play with an openly gay teammate, and since Gilmore is only changing jersey numbers he's reconsidering his options.

Now that he's had time to think about it, he's not sure that he wants to stick his knuckle in the butt of the kid from Bad Santa, either.

lol sick but funny

Tjax is fine till we have a new qb ready. We don't have to waste big money while rebuilding. EJ 1st pick, if he doesn't work out , another 1st rd pick till we guess right.

personally i dont want tjax to be the only veteran qb on this team. kolb is pretty much the best option they could have added bc he didnt cost picks and he still has the possibility of putting it together and playing like he did in spot duty in philly, which was good

i would bet my house he makes less than three mil if he doesnt start. nice non-work if you can get it, but nothing close to the 6.5 mil he gets if he wins the job, keeps the job, and stays healthy

all things considered this was a very good move by the bills, assuming they ever actually get him signed