Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 12m

Bills should target OLB or LT at #8.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 11m

All 3 LTs that will go off the board by #11 are better than Glenn. That's why you select one of them if you're the Bills or OLB.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 3m

Bills could finally build a really good OL by selecting one of those LTs. Move Glenn to guard (started 30 games there in college).

Hopefully this move will allow us to avoid Drafting a QB in the 1st 2-3 rds this year. It's a crappy group of QBs. Let kolb start, lose lots of games then get a real QB next year.

It's sad that my only hope is Kolb is so terrible that the Bills have no choice but to dump him and draft a good QB.

Hopefully this move will allow us to avoid Drafting a QB in the 1st 2-3 rds this year. It's a crappy group of QBs. Let kolb start, lose lots of games then get a real QB next year.

Crappy group of QB's???? Don't let Bangarang hear you say that...you listen to ESPN don't you?

This is good. It will allow Mike Glennon half the season to win the starting job. It will also allow the Bills to grab Lane Johnson with the 8th pick to sure up the offensive line. Great move.

I don't like Glennon but I like the Kolb signing because it reduces the pressure to reach for a seriously flawed QB in the first round of a bad QB draft.

All 3 LTs that will go off the board by #11 are better than Glenn. That's why you select one of them if you're the Bills or OLB.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 3m

Bills could finally build a really good OL by selecting one of those LTs. Move Glenn to guard (started 30 games there in college).

caplan needs to shut up. We have had a fairly damn good line the last three years. Losing Urbik and Levitre and getting an LT will make it better? C'mon man.

Bills need to go SLB, WR or TE, WLB, QB or OG in that order.

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 3m

Ugh. Glenn is SOLID.

And he won't have... Larry Fitzgerald, or anything close.

Actually Stevie is not too far behind Fitzgerald. The numbers he has put up in a bad system, with a crappy QB and no credible no. 2 receiver are very impressive.

Actually Stevie is not too far behind Fitzgerald. The numbers he has put up in a bad system, with a crappy QB and no credible no. 2 receiver are very impressive.

I love Stevie, but that's just ludicrous. We're talking about the difference between pretty good and elite here.

I like this signing a lot. He will end up costing half what Fitz would have cost and will be at least as effective (more so IMO). But more importantly, This gives the bills flexibility in the draft. No longer do they NEED to draft a starting QB, nor do they need to start the rookie right away, regardless of whether he's ready.

Obviously, they should still draft a QB as Kolb isnt the next Jim Kelly, but I doubt they reach for one with the 8th pick now, and that's a good thing. Assuming that Geno is gone at #8, I'd be very happy if they pick WR or LB in the first, best QB available at 40, and WR or LB (whichever position wasn't taken in the 1st) in the 3rd round. Round out the draft with a CB, G, and another LB

Even better would be trading back. Trading say from 8 to 20 would give them two second and two third rounders, giving them 5 picks in the first three rounds.

I love Stevie, but that's just ludicrous. We're talking about the difference between pretty good and elite here.

+2

I will like this move more when we bring in a #2, DHB? and an OG...

Edited by jboyst62

No, we're talking about the difference between very good and elite. And don't forget, Fitzgerald had a lousy year when he had a crappy QB throwing to him.