68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the game?

• Baltimore
    • San Francisco
  2. 2. Who will cover the spread?

• Baltimore +3.5
    • San Francisco -3.5

Post 'em.

The way the Ravens have been playing the past few weeks (and against tougher opponents IMO), I believe this will be a very close game and that makes taking the points a must.

If it comes down to making a big FG, the Niners are in trouble with Aikers. I'll say 27-24 Ravens.

Edited by KD in CT

I hope you are rigth KD... I like the Ravens to cover the spread, but I think the 49ers will win the game....

I will say 49ers 23, Ravens 20

Should be a good game...pulling for the Ravens.

Edited by Buftex

Post 'em.

The way the Ravens have been playing the past few weeks (and against tougher opponents IMO), I believe this will be a very close game and that makes taking the points a must.

If it comes down to making a big FG, the Niners are in trouble with Aikers. I'll say 27-24 Ravens.

Ravens 24.......49'ers 17

Edited by erynthered

Ravens 24

9ers 17

Ravens have enough athleticism and veteran savvy on defense to contain Kaepernick. Not saying they will completely shut him down or he will choke, but they will contain him enough to the point he comes up with a "flat" game. 2 weeks off also gives Ravens vets/injured some time to rest up. 9ers won't be able to beat up or out do Ravens intensity -- typically their 2 biggest non-X's and O's advantage. Look what happened with the last physical and intense team they played when Seahawks demolished them. And Ravens have enough on offense now to score enough points to win. Only thing that concerns me about Ravens is Rice fumbling like he did against Denver. If he and Ravens don't turn it over, I feel good about this one.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I can't wait to here about the after party at mom & dad Harbaughs house will be like. :flirt:

I wonder if John & Jack will take it out in the back yard after the game & beat the tar out of each other like they did when they were kids, or if one will go & lay their head on mom's shoulder :cry: & mom will tell them

"do't worry dear you will do better next year"

or if dad will say something like

" :censored: it son your always to hard on your brother you need to knock it off"

wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall ? i can't imagine what the parents are thinking :sick: , heck if John was dad's favorite & Jim was mom's favorite this could break up the whole family ... :oops:

I hope they have a sister that is a psychologist !!! :beer:

interesting quote by Ray Lewis this week...he said he watched all the 49ers film and the teams that got torched by CK and the read-option were obviously not communicating at all on defense. it makes me think they've seen something that will help them stop the niners.

plus they have gone on the road and beat two elite teams...smacked the pats around pretty good, which I don't think the niners would have done.

remember, the niners were very lucky not to be eliminated in Atlanta.

ravens record was compromised a bit by all the injuries they had on their defense....now everyone's back.

ravens have much more playoff experience and the only reason they're not a huge favorite imo, is that Flacco gets no respect. That's fine, but I think they have a huge advantage and will be looking to exploit Whitner in coverage with the deep ball. I am expecting a huge game from Boldin.

Unless the Ravens' pass protection falls apart, I am expecting a pretty easy win for Baltimore.

$you're welcome!$

Ravens 24

49'ers 20

The Ravens must challenge the 49'ers secondary with deep passes to Torry Smith & finding Anquan Boldin. Ray Rice could have a tough time running against a stout 49'ers defense.

The 49'ers would be wise to not rely on Colin Kaepernick running the ball. They must use Vernon Davis, he has been their most effective weapon on offense as he is difficult to cover.

Two excellent, closely-matched teams. I'm expecting a great Super Bowl.

The Ravens did some O-line shuffling late in the season and with Bryant McKinnie finally playing to near his HOF talent and Oher on the right side where he belongs (the non-Blind Side ironically) the Ravens line has been outstanding. With Justin Smith still not 100% and Ahmad Brooks a bit hobbled, the Niners could have a hard time pressuring Flacco.

This is bad news for the Niners who have decent cornerbacks and two safeties (Whitner and Goldson) who are good run players but mediocre to bad in pass defense.

I expect the Ravens to be able to exploit the Niners pass defense and "take the top off the defense" enough to score some points. Flacco has played well lately as he's found his groove after the firing of Cam Cameron and promotion of Jim Caldwell in mid December.

On the other side of the ball, Kaepernick has endured growing pains pretty seamlessly but nothing he's experienced will prepare him for what he'll see from the Ravens today. Baltimore's D is probably the best that Kaep will see this year both from a talent and a coaching standpoint. He'll have his moments but so will the Ravens D as they game plan to confuse the young quarterback.

I expect the Niners to win a Super Bowl or two under Jim Harbaugh but I have the Ravens covering and winning outright and I would play the over 48 points.

BTW, the line opened at Niners -2 and is now Niners -4. I'm a bit surprised by that.

interesting quote by Ray Lewis this week...he said he watched all the 49ers film and the teams that got torched by CK and the read-option were obviously not communicating at all on defense. it makes me think they've seen something that will help them stop the niners.

If they have, they're the first to find it; nobody else has been able to solve the math yet.

And even if they do figure out a way to contain (and I use that word literally) the read-option out of the pistol, they're still going to have to deal with those deadly 2 TE sets the Niners have been absolutely killing people with. That's going to be a mighty tall order for a defense that isn't necessarily fleet of foot in all their zones. If they can't keep them in check, it's going to be up to the Ravens OLine to keep Flacco clean so they can take advantage of some favorable matchups their two WR's have in the SF secondary.

I think we're going to see some great football tonight and I'm really looking forward to it; wish they were playing a best of 3.

If they have, they're the first to find it; nobody else has been able to solve the math yet.

And even if they do figure out a way to contain (and I use that word literally) the read-option out of the pistol, they're still going to have to deal with those deadly 2 TE sets the Niners have been absolutely killing people with. That's going to be a mighty tall order for a defense that isn't necessarily fleet of foot in all their zones. If they can't keep them in check, it's going to be up to the Ravens OLine to keep Flacco clean so they can take advantage of some favorable matchups their two WR's have in the SF secondary.

I think we're going to see some great football tonight and I'm really looking forward to it; wish they were playing a best of 3.

Having picked the Ravens, this is the one scenario where I can see the Niners winning.

With Kaepernick beating the Ravens with his arm and not his feet.

The matchups that'll dictate the game is Gore vs Lewis and the smiths vs the left side of the Baltimore line..... Though I think the ravens roster top to bottom is a better matchup, I think the 9ers can make explosive game changing plays there to make the difference. Ill call it 9ers by 7 but won't be surprised if the ravens grind it out successfully