Now that the season is officially over - 2013 NFL Draft wishlist

bobobonators

1. Bjoern Werner - DE - FSU - 6'4 256. A german tank. You can never have enough DE's..especially when half the ones you got are average.

2. Tyler Eifert - TE - ND - 6'5 252.

3. Justin Hunter - WR - TEN - 6'4 200

4. Matt Elam - SS - Florida - 5'10 202

5. Manti Te'o - LB - ND - 6'2 255

If we could get 2 of those 5 in the first 2 rounds i'd be extremely happy.

Post yours!

Obviously I'd love Geno Smith but no way we're getting him, considering we'll be picking anywhere between 8-14. He'll be gone 1 or 2 probably.

Edited by bobobonators

Really like the Woerner and Hunter picks. Te'o would be a great pick as well. But what I'd really suggest is trading a first and 4th rounder this year for KC's first rounder next year. They are going to have a top 3 pick in the 2014 draft and Jadeveon Clowney is going to be the most impactful Defensive Draft Pick of the last 20 years!

You get him then.

This year focus on WR, LB and OL!

I would draft QB's in round 1 and round 2. enough monkeying around, go all in on a QB Hit on one of the two hopefully....then fill in the rest of the team with pieces from the street as best you can (kinda' like what the Redskins are having to do.)

I do like Werner though...that guy is an animal.

#1- the season is NOT "officially" over......but i'll play along.....

#2- we are drafting a QB in the one of the first two rounds.....buddy has already said this.....it is very likely one of the two, first round rated qb's (smith and barkley) will be there when we pick.

very strong possibility that we pick a QB in one of the first two rounds, however, I can't see Geno being there when we pick; and i want nothing to do with Barkley - nothing. Tyler Wilson in the 3rd round sounds more appealing, or trade back into the 2nd to get him.

Ummm QB?

outside of Geno Smith i'm not crazy about any of the QB's in this year's draft :(

Agree on all of those needless to say.... Add in Jarvis Jones OLB from georgia

I don't know where Jarvis Jones is going to drop, BUT, Please get this guy on our roster next year. About the QBs...If we can't get a top two then we should wait and pick either Aaron Murray or Tyler Wilson! That would make me very happy!

I don't know where Jarvis Jones is going to drop, BUT, Please get this guy on our roster next year. About the QBs...If we can't get a top two then we should wait and pick either Aaron Murray or Tyler Wilson! That would make me very happy!

Jarvis Jones is probably better suited for a 3-4 defense, but ya the guy is a beast. However, i think the german tank is the best DE in this draft and would look awesome playing across from mario williams and/or rotaing in with anderson.

Edited by bobobonators

it is very likely one of the two, first round rated qb's (smith and barkley) will be there when we pick.

I don't think either of the top QBs will be there when we draft

KC most likely has the #1 overall pick and will go QB

Jacksonville is the probable #2 and Gabbert hasn't impressed the NFL. Plus he was drafted by Del Rio, not Mularkey. I could see Meathead drafting "his" QB.

We'll be jockeying for draft position with the Cardinals, Eagles, and Raiders. All could go QB in round 1. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas makes a move up to grab a QB. Both Garrett and Romo are on shaky ground

those 5 all look good when I have seen them, especially Elam.

But I'd like to see 2 (or better yet 3) QBs brought drafted early, like in the first three rounds. Whether its Jones or Wilson or Gleanon or Barkley I dont really care at this point.

Just draft more than one, because I dont trust the Bills FO to get it right with only one chance.

1. Bjoern Werner - DE - FSU - 6'4 256. A german tank. You can never have enough DE's..especially when half the ones you got are average.

Post yours!

Obviously I'd love Geno Smith but no way we're getting him, considering we'll be picking anywhere between 8-14. He'll be gone 1 or 2 probably.

I don't see the FO putting first round money into DE unless cuts are made, we already have enough cash tied up in the DL. That being said I love Te'o and Elam. I think Chandler is a good TE w a poor QB and I'd rather sign a FA WR than draft one. Rookie WR don't make an immediate impact too often. I think we need someone that makes a difference right away and Elam or Te'o are those guys.

I'd draft 3 lbs and 2 QBs with our first 5 picks and be happy. Although I can see us drafting another CB in the first rd, then going QB, LB, LB, DE

If he comes out, what's the downside of Aaron Murray: no arm, no instincts, no size? He's highly successful in the SEC, which should mean something. Or will he simply be gone before we get there?

Murray has an arm and decent instincts. Good mobility although not "fast" (4.81). His height is his biggest concern at 6'1. I'd be excited if he were our pick in rd 2. While I shouldn't say this, sometimes when I watch him, I see another JP.

Trade up for the right QB if possible. Otherwise get Alex Smith on a 2 year deal and draft 2 project QBs.

No to everything said here.

This year's QB class isn't like last year's where the top rated QB is miles ahead of those ranked behind him. Geno Smith started the year off incredibly but has since cooled down some. Barkley to me is a Mark Sanchez clone and I wouldn't touch him in the 1st round, especially after this year's performance.

Guys like Murray and Wilson don't have the size you look for in a QB. Also, Wilson's decision making and accuracy are legitimate concerns.

Landry Jones is a mixed bag. He's got everything you look for except he is not resilient. Some think he tends to fold when the pressure is on and you need him to win you a game. I haven't watched him enough to really comment on that.

Tyler Bray passes the eye test. He's also a tough S.O.B. However, he could stand another year of development in college.

Basically, this QB class is such a toss up. There's no elite QB that stands out above everyone else. That makes it hard to justify mortgaging your draft picks to move up to get one.

If he comes out, what's the downside of Aaron Murray: no arm, no instincts, no size? He's highly successful in the SEC, which should mean something. Or will he simply be gone before we get there?

He's listed at 6'1, however, he may be closer to 5'11 or 6'0. Another concern about him is that he struggles against ranked opponents with good defenses. Against Florida and South Carolina this season, Murray combined for 23-55 for 259 yds 1 TD and 4 INT. That will most likely throw up red flags for a lot of teams in need of a long term QB.

I would love to get T'eo in the 1st round.

Then trade back into the first for Landry Jones. He's gonna be the best QB in this draft.

Also in the fifth round I would draft AJ McCarron. He kind of reminds me of Brady when he was at Michigan. I just think the Alabama offense is not catered for QB's and this kid will be a steal for any team that takes him

No to everything said here.

This year's QB class isn't like last year's where the top rated QB is miles ahead of those ranked behind him. Geno Smith started the year off incredibly but has since cooled down some. Barkley to me is a Mark Sanchez clone and I wouldn't touch him in the 1st round, especially after this year's performance.

Guys like Murray and Wilson don't have the size you look for in a QB. Also, Wilson's decision making and accuracy are legitimate concerns.

Landry Jones is a mixed bag. He's got everything you look for except he is not resilient. Some think he tends to fold when the pressure is on and you need him to win you a game. I haven't watched him enough to really comment on that.

Tyler Bray passes the eye test. He's also a tough S.O.B. However, he could stand another year of development in college.

Basically, this QB class is such a toss up. There's no elite QB that stands out above everyone else. That makes it hard to justify mortgaging your draft picks to move up to get one.

He's listed at 6'1, however, he may be closer to 5'11 or 6'0. Another concern about him is that he struggles against ranked opponents with good defenses. Against Florida and South Carolina this season, Murray combined for 23-55 for 259 yds 1 TD and 4 INT. That will most likely throw up red flags for a lot of teams in need of a long term QB.

i pretty much agree with everything you just said. i really am not crazy about ANY of the QB's in this year's draft. Though I do think Geno is going to be good.

I don't see the FO putting first round money into DE unless cuts are made, we already have enough cash tied up in the DL. That being said I love Te'o and Elam. I think Chandler is a good TE w a poor QB and I'd rather sign a FA WR than draft one. Rookie WR don't make an immediate impact too often. I think we need someone that makes a difference right away and Elam or Te'o are those guys.

ya i definitely thought of that...but a DE taken 8-14 isn't going to break the bank...pass rush is also a position i'd rather overpay for b/c you can never have too much of it. unfortunately for us, we've had very little of it.

outside of teo, there isn't a LB worth taking top 10. i can't see us going DB again in the 1st round; i also don't see us going DT in the 1st round...looking at the players that are coming out this year and the fact that we're probably going to pick 8-14, I think it's obvious the pick is going to be DE, LB, or QB with the 1st pick and about 1% chance of anything else.

Post yours!

We won't have a problem getting Geno but hopefully we don't.

1) http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/480210/aaron-murray

or

1. OLB Jarvis Jones, junior, Georgia

2. ILB Manti Te’o, senior, Notre Dame

3. WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

4. LB Nico Johnson, senior, Alabama

After that: CB DE, OT, OC,

In Order of Need: QB, LB, WR, CB, DE, backup OT, backup OC

1) http://espn.go.com/c...10/aaron-murray

or

1. OLB Jarvis Jones, junior, Georgia

2. ILB Manti Te’o, senior, Notre Dame

3. WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

4. LB Nico Johnson, senior, Alabama

After that: CB DE, OT, OC,

In Order of Need: QB, LB, WR, CB, DE, backup OT, backup OC

I strongly do not believe Aaron Murray will have a successful career as a QB in the NFL.

Murray plays in a pro style offense. I have never doubted his physical ability. My problem has been his consistency and ability of playing big in the big game.

To his defense against in his worst showing of the year against South Carolina he was dealing with news about his fathers cancer.

IF, and it is a big IF, Murray plays good on Saturday against a good Bama D in the SEC championship then he is a first rounder. The Bills would be just silly not to take him. Stop with the QB's have to be 6'4 to be succesfull. Every QB gets passes batted. Even Luck had some yesterday and he is 6'4 i think.

Second round and thrid round need to be devoted to LB and/or DB help.

Every Bills fan should be watching the SEC championship game on Saturday, the Bills will likely have a player or two selected in April from the game.

all UGA first 2 rounds. Aaron murray and alec ogletree and we already have cordy glenn. woooooo

just to add a a littl bit. i dont hold him to the sec championship game as his measuring stick. look at his career at georgia as a whole. hes been very good

I like Murray. Didn't he just break Mannings SEC TD record? (I'm seriously asking, someone told me this, not sure if true).

I would like:

RD1: Murry, or Landry Jones (assuming Gino Smith is gone, and I like those two more than Barkley).

RD2: top LB available. Jarvus Jones from GA, or top safety available (Vaccaro from Texas). The better "impact" player between the two.

RD3: repeat RD2.

RD4: repeat RD2.

RD5: another QB (Nassib, McGloin).

RD6: Matui from PSU (injury prone, but if he shakes that great LB pickup late in draft)

Edited by RyanC883

all UGA first 2 rounds. Aaron murray and alec ogletree and we already have cordy glenn. woooooo

just to add a a littl bit. i dont hold him to the sec championship game as his measuring stick. look at his career at georgia as a whole. hes been very good

Scouts everywhere will be wathing the SEC gane very closely. Murray will be one of the main players being watched. If he can go out and play a very efficent game and put up 250 yds and a couple TD's and limit any turnovers he goes from a maybe in the first to a definite. Would you not agree?

We need a QB, LB, and WR (don't really need a WR but a top flight wide out to play across from SJ would make our attack nasty). Probably not going to get all 3 game ready this draft. So I say:

Rd 1: Best QB available

Rd 2: Best LB available

Rd 3-7: whatever

FA: Pull in Dwayne Bowe a la Mario. He wants out of KC some kinda bad. If they franchise him trade a 4th and work out a long term deal.

Championship!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.