Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Mr. Meachem have one?

Nope

Bills twitter: DE Mario Williams has arrived at One #Bills Drive to begin his official visit. 18 minutes ago

"Free agent Mario Williams is still in Buffalo this morning and is currently at One Bills Drive.

Williams is meeting with GM Buddy Nix in his office. Earlier this morning he had his physical, which is standard procedure on free agent visits.

We’ll keep you posted on Buffalobills.com."

The noise the Bills themselves are making about this is showing that money won't be an issue, if Williams goes elsewhere it will be because of reasons other then money. In all honesty I'd rather see us loose a FA like Meachem because of money then because of other reasons such as "meh this team is going nowhere, this team is missing to many critical parts yet, meh this team consists of a bunch of morons, etc"

ESPN's John Clayton reporting two sources that say Mario Williams informed the #Bills Tuesday night that he intends to make other visits.

This is vague though. He could have told them that he intends to talk to teams A and B, but nothing has been scheduled. He could have also have told them that he won't sign a deal until he visits with those other two teams. As stated by Clayton, it's too vague to read anything into it.

This is vague though. He could have told them that he intends to talk to teams A and B, but nothing has been scheduled. He could have also have told them that he won't sign a deal until he visits with those other two teams. As stated by Clayton, it's too vague to read anything into it.

If he leaves here he isn't signing with us.

whateverdude: what are you quoting?

He's quoting allsportstalk twitter, who is simply making a guess and trying to gain a name for himself by breaking news; he went wrong on one occassion allready (flynn).

ESPN's John Clayton reporting two sources that say Mario Williams informed the #Bills Tuesday night that he intends to make other visits.

The Clayton report is the same report we saw last night, nothing new on that front.

First time back here in a while guys, but take this with a grain of salt….

I have a friend who has a friend who works in PR for the Bills (yes its one of those friend of a friend things). BUT this Bills employee says their department has been prepping for a 4 or 430 pm press conference since this morning….

That seems like an awful lot of prep time to me. But it could be a “we sign him!!!” press conference or a “we didn’t sign him :-(“ conference but who knows.

Edited by Thoner7

I've heard a rumor that a press conference is expected at 1. Could it be? Could the rumor be right?

Keep in mind there will be a press conference either way. If he signs with the Bills, they will do the whole "welcome to Buffalo" press conference. If he leaves town, he will still meet the media to talk about how his visit went, what he likes about the Bills, and blah blah blah.

First time back here in a while guys, but take this with a grain of salt….

I have a friend who has a friend who works in PR for the Bills (yes its one of those friend of a friend things). BUT this Bills employee says their department has been prepping for a 4 or 430 pm press conference since this morning….

That seems like an awful lot of prep time to me. But it could be a “we sign him!!!” press conference or a “we didn’t sign him :-(“ conference but who knows.

as someone who works in PR, I would imagine they are prepping for a press conference in case he signs. I doubt the PR department of the Bills has any reason. It's just about having a plan in place.