Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR550 is reporting from an unknown source that both Meachem and Williams are expected to be signed within the next 24 hours. This news would not surprise me given the inspired front office move to corner the Mario Williams market by jetting him directly to Buffalo. This is the sort of professional football front office maneuver that, in the past, would occur right after G. Gordon Liddy defected to the USSR.

My interpretation of today's events are that Nix, Gailey, Wannstache, and whomever else has FINALLY got through to Wilson that he can't take the $#%&@*% money with him and he owes it to himself to make a run for the Lombardi Trophy. More importantly, they have convinced him that they are the people who can bring it to him if they can get financial latitude.

Sign Mario, cut fitz, thigpen, Kelsey, Edwards, sign Peyton,Wayne and meachem, draft jonathon Martin and and Zach brown, wi. The super bowl.

In before "that won't happen"..... I know it won't happen, but I wonder if it could happen under the cap. Would be genius.

It just makes sense to me. Buddy Nix CLEARLY stated if there is a pass rusher they like, they'll be aggresive in trying to reel him in.

Not sure if we get him or not, but I am certain we make a decent attempt at bringing Mario to Buffalo.

Go Bills!

Boy were you wrong.

A league source tells WGR 550 Buffalo the Bills "fully expect" to sign free agents Mario Williams and Robert Meachem within the next 24 hours.

It appears 93-year-old owner Ralph Wilson has given 72-year-old GM Buddy Nix license to "go for it." The benefits of adding Williams are obvious, while signing Meachem would help solidify a receiver corps that struggled with injury and failed to establish a consistent No. 2 threat behind Stevie Johnson in 2011. * from rotoworld.com*

from point im BEYOND JACKED.. my question is why does it matter if nix is 72 ?? where the hell does that matter !!

GOOOO BILLS !!!

Following this thread the entire day from Atlanta....this has got to be the most entertaining thread on a Bills or Sabres board that I have ever seen...great humor as well.

Major props to all, now let's do this thing.....!!!

Listening to ESPN radio earlier, the host made it sound like it would be so disappointing if Mario signs with buffalo. Its like our team/city is not sexy enough?!?!. He said Chicago or New Eng would be a perfect fit. Gimme a break!

Exactly!

Nix is going to aggressively get some sleep the night before and then he will aggressively sign other players cut by teams trying to clear cap space.

You guys that think the Bills will even make a legit offer to either Vincent Jackson or Mario Williams are delusional. Anyway, neither of those two players are worth the money they will get this year by some team over paying.

Last time I looked Mario was not Reggie White, but he will get paid like he is. Last time I looked VJ is not megatron, but he will certainly get mega bucks for a WR that has about the same stats as Stevie Johnson, and yet he played on a team with a better QB, better coaching, better scheme, better all around talent.

IDC how Nix does it, but he needs to build the line, add depth. Find a good pass rusher or two. Find a good WR, add a CB. Over paying for one player isn't going to fix many areas.

Want to rethink this post?