Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills are doing all they can to get Williams to sign now, before he leaves Buffalo. The Bills want to make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in the league, with a deal better than the six-year, $91.5 million contract that Julius Peppers signed with the Bears in 2010. The Bills’ offer to Williams will apparently include more than $91.5 million in total money, more than the $40.5 million in the first three years that the Bears gave Peppers, and more than the $42 million guaranteed that the Bears gave Peppers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/bills-want-mario-williams-badly-making-huge-offer/

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they have quality mock drafts and commentary, that's great. That doesn't mean there is any indication that the site has some inside edge for scoops.

It also does not mean that it doesn't have inside information. As someone stated in another thread, it is unlikely that the biggest defensive FA this year would visit Buffalo at all without some sort of financial parameters already in place.

Um, they're switching to a 4-3, Kelsay (despite his less than knowledgeable detractors) is a solid DE. If you put him next to Marcel, Mario and Kyle he instantly becomes a GREAT DE.

And he'll end up leading the team in tackles since no one is going to want to run left or up the middle.

I barely remember but I drank heavily before those games that year.

I believe Greg Bell to the opening hand off and ran something like 50 yards for a TD, but of course I was still in the parking lot and missed it.

Joe Buscaglia‏@JoeB_WGRReply

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

League source tells me that the #Bills fully expect to sign both Mario Williams and Robert Meachem within the next 24 hours.

from 30 seconds ago!

http://twitter.com/#!/joeb_wgr

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

Um, they're switching to a 4-3, Kelsay (despite his less than knowledgeable detractors) is a solid DE. If you put him next to Marcel, Mario and Kyle he instantly becomes a GREAT DE.

Great? That's a litte too much. Good, or very solid is more like it. I really like Kelsay too.

If this goes down we will have three pro bowl defensive linemen next year in Dareus, Kyle, and Mario Williams.

Its as close to an instant fix as you can find in the NFL. The reason I think this might be legit is that Ralph is probably saying I have ONE more run at this elusive trophy and I can't take the cash with me so lets win now at all costs.

I mean, everyone is signed that we want to sign on our team, so if there is room to make the deal then why on earth wouldn't we? What do we have to lose, a year without being in the playoffs? hmmmmm

Caption the photo - right?

Nix, "Huh?"

Williams, "That's right Buddy. $15million a year for 5 years $45 million guaranteed, and I'll make everyone forget about Bruce Smith."

No true Buffalo Bills fan WILL EVER forget about Bruce Smith; but, oh the sacking Brady memories hopefully Mario can leave with us!