Trent Edwards

I was doing my fantasy football draft on Sunday night and the commish is a raiders fan, so I was watching the Sunday night game. Trent comes into the game, and it was a pathetic excuse for football. I know he didnt have a ton of time, but he always seems to move backwards when hes going to get sacked. Wasnt sure if anyone else watched, but its sad that this guy was supposed to be our starter and lead our no-huddle offense.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing my fantasy football draft on Sunday night and the commish is a raiders fan, so I was watching the Sunday night game. Trent comes into the game, and it was a pathetic excuse for football. I know he didnt have a ton of time, but he always seems to move backwards when hes going to get sacked. Wasnt sure if anyone else watched, but its sad that this guy was supposed to be our starter and lead our no-huddle offense.

After last preseason, this guy was deemed a starter.

He took a few too many hits (both at Stanford and then in Buffalo) and then started treating the ball like it was a hot potato. He just lost the cajones to play football. His runs out of bounds on 4th-and-game established beyond any doubt that he doesn't have the fortitude for the game. Kinda sad, because he had some ability.

He took a few too many hits (both at Stanford and then in Buffalo) and then started treating the ball like it was a hot potato. He just lost the cajones to play football. His runs out of bounds on 4th-and-game established beyond any doubt that he doesn't have the fortitude for the game. Kinda sad, because he had some ability.

You can take the boy out of Los Gatos but you can't take the Los Gatos out of the boy.

Trent is great on the driving range. He craps the bed as soon as he hits the first tee.

I so agree, hence Chan made him the starter last preseason (driving range), realized his mistake early (after the 2nd regular season game), rectified the mistake quickly and moved on. This was a good move by Chan that gets overlooked, he is not afraid to admit he made a mistake.

Jim Everett went out like that, and Drew Bledsoe suffered from the after effects of his brutal hit and was never the same.

Thought he could be a pretty good back-up especially for a warm weather team but too conservative and never was the same after being concussed by the Cardinals.

There should be some kind of penalty just for mentioning his name on this board

Blame Jauron. The No Huddle was such a joke. The guy got beat up pretty good. He lost all confidence. He did , for a moment there, look like he had the "Right Stuff". He wont make it thru the season on an NFL roster...it's over. Nice guy, bad situation in BFLO . Interesting Fact: His favorite actor is Dakota Fanning

Trent did look terrible. He and Rob Johnson will both end their carreers going from Bills starter to Raiders 3rd string to out of the NFL.

On a separate note, Joquie Bell looked great (spelling may be off on Joquie). Hope he catches on, I liked him here as a hero amongst 3rd string pre-seasoner's.

Trent did look terrible. He and Rob Johnson will both end their carreers going from Bills starter to Raiders 3rd string to out of the NFL.

On a separate note, Joquie Bell looked great (spelling may be off on Joquie). Hope he catches on, I liked him here as a hero amongst 3rd string pre-seasoner's.

Add Billy Joe Hobert and Tom Flores to the list of Bills-Raiders flops. :P

After last preseason, this guy was deemed a starter.

And what's your point? Trent looked very good in preseason, and then failed horribly when the real bullets started flying. All managers make mistakes. The good ones correct their mistakes the moment they realize they have a problem, which is exactly what Gailey did.

That is pretty scary. I wonder if Chan occasionally wakes up at night in a cold sweat, wondering how in the hell he made that assessment?

It is a wonder. That said, I give Gailey credit for admitting the mistake early on in the season. A lot of coaches' egos would have gotten in the way of making the switch to Fitz.

And what's your point? Trent looked very good in preseason, and then failed horribly when the real bullets started flying. All managers make mistakes. The good ones correct their mistakes the moment they realize they have a problem, which is exactly what Gailey did.

It's part that and part Chan Gailey having an ego the size of Texas. For better or worse, he believes in his ability to turn any QB into a productive QB. I like that quality but too bad he didn't take a closer look at the footage of Trent from the previous year because nothing changed since then. He tried the experiment and it failed. Anyone looking further into it than that is wrong.

And by the way, I watched Trent's performance against the Saints. For the same reason I'd watch JP if he was on a roster. I think I even watched a game of JP in the UFL. Yikes.

Trent didn't do well. He also didn't have ANY time whatsoever but when he did, he checked down consistently. Same old story. With Boller getting reps with the #2's, I can't see Trent making the team.

That early episode in Gailey's Buffalo career still has me baffled - yelling at teenaged kids at SJF that gave Edwards some crap ("You dawg one of us, you dawg all of us...no autographs for you!"), arrogantly dressing down reporters ("Oh, and if any of you want to know who our starting quarterback is, it's Trent!"), a supposed offensive genius and QB mentor par excellence not realizing what every fan in Buffalo seemed to already know - that even he couldn't make an NFL QB out of FanningFan...no one could...not even...

Mike Leach

Jim Everett went out like that, and Drew Bledsoe suffered from the after effects of his brutal hit and was never the same.

I wish people would stop blaming "the hit" lots of people get hit in football, trent was a douche before that and was just lucky people were used to deep ball losman and hadnt clued into the fact that trent would always check down. Trent never threw down the middle before or after the "hit" and became a true pu ssy in the browns game after 3 early int's. thats when he lost whatever tiny tiny amount of confidence/balls he had.

Trent always sucked its just opposing D's were used to losman, period. Lets be happy for him that hes in the san francisco area now with his "own kind". After hes cut he can follow his dream...opening a flower shop and visiting the local bars there.

and no, he had a bad preseason, a worse camp, and what good coach would use 1 mediocre at best preseason when the loser had tape from three real seasons worth of football. Everyone knew it was over when Trent showed hundreds of times...he had not guts. We all were positive he would be cut, then gailey arrogantly thought "I can fix him" and then realized what we all already knew. All except the small group on this board who make every excuse in the book for a true loser...

1. coaching

2. oline

3. the concussion

4. no help at receiver

5. buffalo in general

while all these things may or may not have contributed, why did Fitzpatrick do well with all the same variables? minus the concussion it was obvious the problem was trent. And I say again trent sucked before the concussion and had his best game as a bill after the concussion.

Edited by loserlovers

So this brings up the discussion, who is worse Edwards or Losman?

Edwards...

At least Losman had a 3000+ yard season and 19 TDs. If I had to choose between two failures at QB, I'd pick the guy who chucks it down the field, rather than the one who pushes it 2 yards. Lee Evans knew JP was the better QB for his game and publicly advocated for him to start. None of this matters now, Fitz is the man!

I wish people would stop blaming "the hit" lots of people get hit in football, trent was a douche before that and was just lucky people were used to deep ball losman and hadnt clued into the fact that trent would always check down. Trent never threw down the middle before or after the "hit" and became a true pu ssy in the browns game after 3 early int's. thats when he lost whatever tiny tiny amount of confidence/balls he had.

Trent always sucked its just opposing D's were used to losman, period. Lets be happy for him that hes in the san francisco area now with his "own kind". After hes cut he can follow his dream...opening a flower shop and visiting the local bars there.

Not true. He went down the middle (a completion to James Hardy)and stood in there like a man with that big bad Zona safety steaming right at him. Last time I saw him do it though. Now he can only eat jello and watch Barney & Friends.

Actually, that's not true about Bledsoe. He had a big year with buffalo the season after the hit, and he was productive with Dallas in his first season there.

Actually, that's not true about Bledsoe. He had a big year with buffalo the season after the hit, and he was productive with Dallas in his first season there.

Look, before that injury Bledsoe was mobile and really could make defenders miss. After, when he came to Buffalo, the pocket was his home and venturing out of it was rare. That injury hampered him and Belichick KNEW it- that's why they got Brady. I thought he was a really good quarterback who suffered a great deal in that one year, and lost his comfort zone.

Look, before that injury Bledsoe was mobile and really could make defenders miss. After, when he came to Buffalo, the pocket was his home and venturing out of it was rare. That injury hampered him and Belichick KNEW it- that's why they got Brady. I thought he was a really good quarterback who suffered a great deal in that one year, and lost his comfort zone.

Bledsoe was never mobile.

Bledsoe was a statue prior to the injury and a statue after. The guy was a pretty good QB, but no one will ever mistake him for being mobile.

and no, he had a bad preseason, a worse camp, and what good coach would use 1 mediocre at best preseason when the loser had tape from three real seasons worth of football. Everyone knew it was over when Trent showed hundreds of times...he had not guts. We all were positive he would be cut, then gailey arrogantly thought "I can fix him" and then realized what we all already knew. All except the small group on this board who make every excuse in the book for a true loser...

1. coaching

2. oline

3. the concussion

4. no help at receiver

5. buffalo in general

while all these things may or may not have contributed, why did Fitzpatrick do well with all the same variables? minus the concussion it was obvious the problem was trent. And I say again trent sucked before the concussion and had his best game as a bill after the concussion.

There was rarely a time when trentative didn't suck as a Bill. But he outplayed Fitz in camp last year, hence the reason he was given the job. But, Fitz is a gamer, which is why trent turtled and Fitz shone when the real games started.

Regardless of how it happened, i'm glad Trent is gone and Fitz is starting.

Yeah, I never got that criticism of Gailey. I know for a fact Edwards played much better in practice than Fitz. Fitz is one of the worst practice QBs in the league. But he is the ultimate gamer. Edwards looks every part of a star NFL QB and had a great preseason last year. He won the starter's job and then lost it with 2 terrible performances in the regular season. Better to correct that sooner than later.

And to fair to Trent, the Raiders 3rd string oline was awful. The guy was a 3rd round pick who struggled with injuries. I don't get the hate. 3rd rounders aren't guaranteed HOFers. Losman hurt this franchise significantly more. I hope Edwards plays in this league for a long time as a backup, probably a role he is made for. But either way with a Stanford degree, I'm sure he won't be hurting for options after his career is over.

Edwards...

At least Losman had a 3000+ yard season and 19 TDs. If I had to choose between two failures at QB, I'd pick the guy who chucks it down the field, rather than the one who pushes it 2 yards. Lee Evans knew JP was the better QB for his game and publicly advocated for him to start. None of this matters now, Fitz is the man!

Fact is a guy like Edwards would be a perfect QB for the the Jets. He'd play it safe and keep games close. Losman is like Sanchez. All the physical skills and a plays braindead at times. He can make all the throws but he can also single-handedly murder your team.

Bottomline is a bust of a 1st rounder hurts your team a lot more than a 3rd rounder.

That early episode in Gailey's Buffalo career still has me baffled - yelling at teenaged kids at SJF that gave Edwards some crap ("You dawg one of us, you dawg all of us...no autographs for you!"), arrogantly dressing down reporters ("Oh, and if any of you want to know who our starting quarterback is, it's Trent!"), a supposed offensive genius and QB mentor par excellence not realizing what every fan in Buffalo seemed to already know - that even he couldn't make an NFL QB out of FanningFan...no one could...not even...

Mike Leach

A leader who sticks up for his team. What a terrible idea!!!