How about that Evans

Sanners

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who needs that game changing ability, we got like every UDFA WR in the NFL lined up to replace him and now MARTIN!!! SUPER BOWL BABY!!!

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I have been saying it for years...put Evans on a team with a REAL QB and this guy will be a stud...He has been in Balt 2 weeks and has been the best WR on the field for the Ravens in both preseason games despite no history with Flacco...

Buffalo, the place to go to waste careers, Bills don't seem to understand how to build around your talent

We are loaded at WR though. So loaded in fact we brought in a guy who has been on about 5 teams in 5 years. I suppose if Buddy's definition of loaded is desperate we are loaded at WR.

He got taken to the cleaners in that trade!!! Check your shorts Buddy!

Your post intrigues me. I'd like to sign up for your newsletter.

Mike,

Sorry. I forgot that this message board, in which i have been posting since 1996, is now all about great threads and worthy posts. I just want to throw my hat in the ring.

I expect a career year from Lee with Flacco throwing.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

If Nix traded him to give a chance with a contender then my hat is off to him as well.

Exactly Monkey. It was time to let him loose. It sucks, but we suck, so get something.

We are loaded at WR though. So loaded in fact we brought in a guy who has been on about 5 teams in 5 years. I suppose if Buddy's definition of loaded is desperate we are loaded at WR.

He got taken to the cleaners in that trade!!! Check your shorts Buddy!

Better start barking up Overdorf's tree then.

I expect a career year from Lee with Flacco throwing.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

If Nix traded him to give a chance with a contender then my hat is off to him as well.

Maybe Nix should try building a contender instead of trading his best players so they can play for one, if indeed that was the case.

Always a Lee Evans fan.

why do we continue to cry over spilled milk? lee was great as a bill and will always be appreciated for his time in buffalo but he is gone now and isn't coming back. that's it. period. can we at least try to move on????

Lee Evans has Hall of Fame talent. He's that good. He just won't ever make it because we could never give him a QB who could get him the ball with any regularity. Every QB we had throwing to him was a joke.

While I understand (sort of) why we traded him, I still don't like it and miss the guy. He was the consumate professional and a great player. I wish him well and know he's going to have a big year. He and Anquan compliment each other beautifully.

I dont suppose the fact that Lee would not do that on this team with this offensive scheme means anything at all here.......

I dont suppose we cant just be happy for a class act like Lee.....and tend to our own business?

Means everything, John. We had this conversation in the shout box. Our offensive personnel is not conducive to the play that Flacco made to Evans. It's that simple.

I hope Lee goes to the playoffs and makes the Pro Bowl. That has no bearing on anything the Bills are doing anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

I dont suppose the fact that Lee would not do that on this team with this offensive scheme means anything at all here.......

I dont suppose we cant just be happy for a class act like Lee.....and tend to our own business?

It's a problem with the scheme if it can't utilize a player of Lee's talents. Either that or we couldn't pass protect long enough for deep routes to develop. It's just depressing watching him tear it up. And watching Peters in pass protection. And we wonder why there are so many holes on the roster.

It's a problem with the scheme if it can't utilize a player of Lee's talents. Either that or we couldn't pass protect long enough for deep routes to develop. It's just depressing watching him tear it up. And watching Peters in pass protection. And we wonder why there are so many holes on the roster.

Exactly...you build around your talent, something this team never seems to get no matter what regime it is.

Exactly...you build around your talent, something this team never seems to get no matter what regime it is.

To be fair, it seems like Chan is the one guy who has done this on the offensive side of the ball. He just struck me as being displeased at Lee's ability to be a short to mid-range receiver.

This board is a tad bipolar. Countless threads were created on here (not that long ago) declaring how Evans was not a true #1 WR and how he disappeared from games; would not go over the middle; is only good for go-routes; etc, and how we should trade him. Well, he was traded - now eat it.