NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

just got a notice...

season ticket holders invited to a " uniform launch event"on Friday June 24th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm at the Ralph.

live band, on field access (new turf ?) , jills, ...and of course the new jersey will be on sale.

ya have to order complimentary tickets.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received the notice as well. Perhaps this was announced in anticipation of a new CBA? That June 7 date has been floated around...scheduling the unveiling on the 24th gives them some wiggle room.

In any event, it will be great to see the new unis!

Edited by eball

just got a notice...

season ticket holders invited to a " uniform launch event"on Friday June 24th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm at the Ralph.

live band, om field access (new turf ?) , jills, ...and of course the new jersey will be on sale.

ya have to order complimentary tickets.

I think they were already unveiled about a month ago on a video game?

I remember the last time they had a uniform unveiling event. Jim Kelly announced, "the future face of the franchise - JP LOSMAN!!!!!"

That traumatic memory makes me less pumped up for this event. Plus football doesn't even exist right now, which also gets me less pumped up. :thumbdown:

Do you suppose that they will have former players model them or will they use replacement models?

(unless the prediction of 6/7 holds true of course)

The announcement says Bills alumni will be present -- although having an overweight former player model a football uniform doesn't necessarily sound like a good idea. :blink:

I just really hope they don't go back to the white helmets not a good look !! The red ones look much better !! :thumbsup:

We already know they are going back to the white helmet with the charging buffalo. Sorry but I think you have to be prepared for disappointment.

I have always liked the white helmet with charging buffalo the most. I think it is because I was born in 1984 and can only remember the red helmets as a kid but always saw the old pictures and videos of OJ churning up yards in it. Just looks classy IMO.

Still I do like the red helmets, I have known them for so long :cry:

This date was mentioned by someone on the Chris Creamer site a few weeks ago, actually.

ON EDIT: that person said June 25th. Guess they might've nixed it as a Saturday event in favor of a Friday night.... And from all the things they're promoting, it looks like they're only hoping that there to be a CBA deal in place by then.

I just really hope they don't go back to the white helmets not a good look !! The red ones look much better !! :thumbsup:

Well, you're sure to be disappointed then. The switch to a white helmet was confirmed in the Bills press release back in Feb.

Edited by UConn James

It just so happens I'll be in Buffalo that day. But now I have an even bigger choice to make. Do I go to this event, the Bisons game, Dark Star Orchestra at the Harbor, or Stephen Page at the canal in Lockport?

Buffalo, a town with nothing happening. <_<

PTR

I think (I should say hope) that the new uni combination with the white helmets will look a lot better in real life to those who dont like it, as opposed to what they've seen on a few video game stills.

Perhaps this was announced in anticipation of a new CBA?

Sorry to be the one to -- hey, hold those corn flakes still.

I think it means the opposite: it's as long as they want to wait for new jersey sales to start without a new CBA. That is, if there's no CBA by 6/24 they'll just start selling the shirts regardless.

White helmet with charging buffalo > white helmet with still buffalo > red helmet with any buffalo on it!

I think they were already unveiled about a month ago on a video game?

Either this was an abjectly failed attempt at humor or you are just being a miserable prick... again.

Do us all a favor and don't pass on your shat attitude to any offspring.

Thank you.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

White helmet with charging buffalo > white helmet with still buffalo > red helmet with any buffalo on it!

Agreed. I've grown up with the red helmets, but I always thought the white ones, with either buffalo on it, looked much better! I can't wait to see the real unis, not on a video game preview.

Agreed. I've grown up with the red helmets, but I always thought the white ones, with either buffalo on it, looked much better! I can't wait to see the real unis, not on a video game preview.

It may be an age thing...my earliest memeories as a Bills fan, were the old (throwback) white helmets, with the standing still buffalo...I remember when they changed to the charging buffalo, white hlemet, the year after OJ set the record...people were outraged, but got used to it pretty fast...then, when the team was really bad, they changed to the red helmets, and I don't think anyone really liked them...until the Super Bowl years...I think the red helmets just kind of de-emphasize the buffalo...and they make the logo look like a t-bone steak...if the leaked pictures are accurate, this will be one of the few times, in recent years, IMO, the Bills got something right...lets hope it is the begining of a huge role!

I remember the last time they had a uniform unveiling event. Jim Kelly announced, "the future face of the franchise - JP LOSMAN!!!!!"

That traumatic memory makes me less pumped up for this event. Plus football doesn't even exist right now, which also gets me less pumped up. :thumbdown:

Bills got new unis in 2002. Losman was drafted in 2004. Soooo....wtf are you talking about?

It may be an age thing...my earliest memeories as a Bills fan, were the old (throwback) white helmets, with the standing still buffalo...I remember when they changed to the charging buffalo, white hlemet, the year after OJ set the record...people were outraged, but got used to it pretty fast...then, when the team was really bad, they changed to the red helmets, and I don't think anyone really liked them...until the Super Bowl years...I think the red helmets just kind of de-emphasize the buffalo...and they make the logo look like a t-bone steak...if the leaked pictures are accurate, this will be one of the few times, in recent years, IMO, the Bills got something right...lets hope it is the begining of a huge role!

Absolutely true! haha...kind of sad though too... <_<

Wasn't that actually Bledsoe he was talking about that day?

I was there too and I thought that was the case. Plus IIRC the last new uniform was 2002, a couple years before the Bills drafted JP.

Bills got new unis in 2002. Losman was drafted in 2004. Soooo....wtf are you talking about?

I was there too and I thought that was the case. Plus IIRC the last new uniform was 2002, a couple years before the Bills drafted JP.

Eric isn't wrong. The last uniform unveiling event was for the throwbacks, in 2005. Link.

Edited by UConn James

It just so happens I'll be in Buffalo that day. But now I have an even bigger choice to make. Do I go to this event, the Bisons game, Dark Star Orchestra at the Harbor, or Stephen Page at the canal in Lockport?

Buffalo, a town with nothing happening. <_<

PTR

DARK STAR!!!

I agree. Based on the screenshots it looks like the Bills have hit a home run with this Uniform tweak (or should i say.. back to the uniform they should never have abandoned!). I grew up with some memories of the standing Buffalo but mostly with the charging Buffalo white helmet. I hated the switch to red and always thought (hoped) it would ne temporary. I guess 25+ years later, switching back to the white helmet is a gift for us middle-aged fans.

Edited by zow2

I agree. Based on the screenshots it looks like the Bills have hit a home run with this Uniform tweak (or should i say.. back to the uniform they should never have abandoned!). I grew up with some memories of the standing Buffalo but mostly with the charging Buffalo white helmet. I hated the switch to red and always thought (hoped) it would ne temporary. I guess 25+ years later, switching back to the white helmet is a gift for us middle-aged fans.

:thumbsup:

I can't go because I don't live in the area but I'd love to see little if any attendance to this event if there is still a lockout. The fan has almost no voice in the matter but I think that message would be received.

I think this is it exactly. For those fans over ~35 or so, a return to the white helmets brings back the old days. I HATED the red helmets in 1985, got somewhat used to them in the 90's and again, hated them in the 2000's (the era of suck). I am STOKED they are going back to the whites. My guess is that anyone over about 35 or so would prefer the white to red helments. Those younger, for the sames reasons, would prefer the reds...

Sources at One Bills Drive whisper that Michael Jasper will model the new uniform while standing atop the Field House swatting at clouds of circling biplanes.

:lol:

I remember Ryan Denney was one of the models.

I think this is it exactly. For those fans over ~35 or so, a return to the white helmets brings back the old days. I HATED the red helmets in 1985, got somewhat used to them in the 90's and again, hated them in the 2000's (the era of suck). I am STOKED they are going back to the whites. My guess is that anyone over about 35 or so would prefer the white to red helments. Those younger, for the sames reasons, would prefer the reds...

Are you talking about uniforms or prescription drugs?:flirt:

I'll chime in. As an OldFart, I loved the change from shoulder stripes to sleeve stripes and just one red stripe on the helmet in '64. They added 2 blue helmet stripes in '65. Those are my favorites to date. While I'm very happy to see the clownies go away forever, I'm afraid they'll equally shelf the current throwbacks w/ the standing red Buffalo -even from a couple games a year. Hope not but fear so. JIC, get your replica red standing Buffalo throwback helmet while you can.

You're not talking about communists, are you?

I think more younger folks welcome the change than you let on. I'm under 25 and I'm VERY excited for the change back to white helmets, and the change to the uni's. I love when they wear the throwback white helmets with the standing buffalo. I honestly think, just as another poster on here said before, that the white helmets are much more classy.

Wait a minute....you posted without criticizing Ralph Wilson....are you feeling ok?

He meant to say, by inferring it, that Ralph is so cheap, he was hoping he would be able to just unveil the new uniforms, as a piggy back to the new Madden game...he didn't want to have to pay all those people to work extra hours at some "unveiling ceremony"... :nana: