NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

As your first post, i hope this isn't indicative of whats to come. I think we're all full here with negative posters. You see what billsfreak is getting tonight. you don't want that, do you?...but hey, welcome to the club!

I'm with Buffalo Baumer, DARKSTAR!...is it really that close??...though I am not sure who Stephen Page is.

Page was the other guitarist and lead singer of Barenaked Ladies. He sang lead on half of their hits. He left the band after getting busted with blow in Syracuse a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ggJS0p-QQc&feature=fvwrel

But get this...guess when the Sabres are hosting an NHL draft party? FRIDAY JUNE 24!! Gahhhhh! Why do the gods mock me so?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just so happens I'll be in Buffalo that day. But now I have an even bigger choice to make. Do I go to this event, the Bisons game, Dark Star Orchestra at the Harbor, or Stephen Page at the canal in Lockport?

Buffalo, a town with nothing happening. <_<

PTR

Steven Page! :thumbsup: The canal concerts are great

Page was the other guitarist and lead singer of Barenaked Ladies. He sang lead on half of their hits. He left the band after getting busted with blow in Syracuse a few years ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ggJS0p-QQc&feature=fvwrel

But get this...guess when the Sabres are hosting an NHL draft party? FRIDAY JUNE 24!! Gahhhhh! Why do the gods mock me so?

PTR

the Sabres event actually sounds better.....lol.....Pegula & Black not afraid of lil Bills competition.....

for starters, the sabres will have live players.....the bills ?....cardboard cutouts & posters...lol

• 2 weeks later...

I wish, I'll be on a plane to Boston. I really want to see the crowd's reaction to the jerseys at a whole and what they're gonna be doing to unveil them. It's surely gonna get a good response from the fans.

My opinion is how hard up do you have to be for something to do on a Friday night to go to an "event" that consists of someone walking out onto the field to model a new uniform (and of course to get you into the Bills Store to buy jerseys of said uniform). To those who view it strictly as an excuse to tailgate ... OK, I get that. But to the rest of you who are excited by this ... seriously?????

Edited by CodeMonkey

My opinion is how hard up do you have to be for something to do on a Friday night to go to an "event" that consists of someone walking out onto the field to model a new uniform (and of course to get you into the Bills Store to buy jerseys of said uniform). To those who view it strictly as an excuse to tailgate ... OK, I get that. But to the rest of you who are excited by this ... seriously?????

You do get onfield access which is very cool but wont be anything like it is at a game. I think from what Brandon said they are making it family friendly with plenty of things to do on field but at the same time the lots are open and you know there will be some tailgating.

The thing that I am really laughing at is they will show a movie on the scoreboard after the event. Now if you are sitting the stands watching a movie on the scoreboard then I gotta say it. Loser. :lol:

My opinion is how hard up do you have to be for something to do on a Friday night to go to an "event" that consists of someone walking out onto the field to model a new uniform. To those who view it strictly as an excuse to tailgate ... OK, I get that. But to the rest of you who are excited by this ... seriously?????

I think whenever your favorite team is making a significant uniform change, it's exciting -- all the more so when the uniforms they've been wearing are widely recognized as being some of the worst in the league.

As for being "hard up" enough to attend this event -- well, to each his (or her) own. What's your idea of a "worthy" Friday night event?

This Friday is going to be one of the craziest nights in WNY. Not only are the Bills revealing their new unis but the Sabres are hosting an NHL draft party, The Bisons are playing, and both Dark Star Orchestra and Stephen Page are doing outdoor concerts for free (or cheap.)

Bills unis...we all pretty much know what they will look like. Sabres draft...I don't know one prospect from the next. Bisons...crappy team but fun place to drink. Dark Star...not really into 45-minute long jam sets. So I guess I'll be in Lockport to see Stephen Page.

PTR

I think whenever your favorite team is making a significant uniform change, it's exciting -- all the more so when the uniforms they've been wearing are widely recognized as being some of the worst in the league.

As for being "hard up" enough to attend this event -- well, to each his (or her) own. What's your idea of a "worthy" Friday night event?

A uniform is "exciting" ?? I guess we agree to disagree there. I can't imagine anything less important or exciting regarding a sports franchise.

There are plenty of things to do on a Friday night, particularly when that Friday night is in the very short WNY time of year when outdoor things are enjoyable to almost everyone. The robot mentioned a few above. With me just relaxing with friends and family is up there. Watching a sales pitch cleverly disguised as a fashion show is not one of them ... at least not to me. But like you said to each his/her own.

This Friday is going to be one of the craziest nights in WNY. Not only are the Bills revealing their new unis but the Sabres are hosting an NHL draft party, The Bisons are playing, and both Dark Star Orchestra and Stephen Page are doing outdoor concerts for free (or cheap.)

Bills unis...we all pretty much know what they will look like. Sabres draft...I don't know one prospect from the next. Bisons...crappy team but fun place to drink. Dark Star...not really into 45-minute long jam sets. So I guess I'll be in Lockport to see Stephen Page.

PTR

The draft party might be fun -- I don't know one hockey prospect from another, either, but I'd go simply because you know it will be first class with Pegula/Black running the show.

If I went to the uniform unveiling it would be for one reason only -- to pick up a new jersey on the spot. As it is, I'll probably go online Friday night and buy one.

A uniform is "exciting" ?? I guess we agree to disagree there. I can't imagine anything less important or exciting regarding a sports franchise.

There are plenty of things to do on a Friday night, particularly when that Friday night is in the very short WNY time of year when outdoor things are enjoyable to almost everyone. The robot mentioned a few above. With me just relaxing with friends and family is up there. Watching a sales pitch cleverly disguised as a fashion show is not one of them ... at least not to me. But like you said to each his/her own.

Woo-hoo! Relaxing with friends and family. How exciting. If that is your idea of an exciting evening, then it is no wonder that you couldn't understand people's desire to go to the stadium, tailgate, see the new unis and interact with other people some of whom may actually be strangers. Of course this is marketing. That is what the team's sales and marketing department is supposed to do. Their job is to engage the community. Sounds like a fun event and nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything.

So I guess I'll be in Lockport to see Stephen Page.

PTR

Probably the smartest play of all. Although I think that will be weird seeing him without BNL.

I am leaning to going to the stadium for a couple of beers, see the new uni's and talk to a couple of account reps and bail. If it's raining I am not going near it.

I wanted to go but a wedding rehearsal dinner has squashed those plans. Is a new uniform exciting...not really, but the prospect of going on field and getting together with other bills fans seemed a fun enough Friday for me. Plus an excuse to leave work a little early and drive to Buffalo and hit up Duff's.

A uniform is "exciting" ??

Where have you been the last 10 years? Have you seen this team play? Have you seen the previous attempts at coaching, player draft busts, and free agent signings?

HELL Yeah a new uniform unveiling is exciting!!! it's just too bad they will debut those crappy 70's uniforms. :devil:

Head down, hang out, have a couple, meet Bills fans, talk football, smile at women. Sounds like great fun.. I'm going.

Plenty of time to jam after the things over.

I wish, I'll be on a plane to Boston. I really want to see the crowd's reaction to the jerseys at a whole and what they're gonna be doing to unveil them. It's surely gonna get a good response from the fans.

Not only are you missing the unveiling… but you'll be going to BOSTON?!?!?!?!

What kind of funny business is this?

I DEMAND an explanation!

(pretty damn ironic, btw) :)

Going down on the field is always cool, especially if you have kids.

For the more party-oriented set, this starts early so it's not a bad springboard to a later activity.

Definitely wouldn't be staying for any movie...

Big question. Will the stadium be smoke free this Friday or do the smokers get one last hoorah.

Smoke-free policy is already in effect. They'll probably have all sorts of people around to remind you.

Not only are you missing the unveiling… but you'll be going to BOSTON?!?!?!?!

What kind of funny business is this?

I DEMAND an explanation!

(pretty damn ironic, btw) :)

Going for a competition. Im a huge Sox fan but unfortunately they're in Pitt this weekend. Of course they'll be close to Buffalo when I won't be!

Edited by kabnt2005

If not I'm sure buffalobills.com will have their 3 minute spot.

Thanks!!

Buffalobills.com said they are streaming it live starting at 6:30PM.

Great!! That is 5:30 PM my time here in Arlington. I will watch for a few then

head for my 40th High School Reuinon mixer at a barbeque place in Fort Worth.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Posted this in the helmet thread - but I guess it fits here also.

kabnt must work somewhere in the organization - since Russ Brandon was just on WGR and mentioned that some local military will be sporting the new uniform as well as some "season ticket holder involvement".

Keep us in the loop kabnt! (But don't risk your job!)

Yep, those are the details that I had about the unveiling. It's pretty cool if you ask me. Nice little way to recognize some troops and give them a thank you for their service (and get some good PR along the way).

Where have you been the last 10 years? Have you seen this team play? Have you seen the previous attempts at coaching, player draft busts, and free agent signings?

HELL Yeah a new uniform unveiling is exciting!!! it's just too bad they will debut those crappy 70's uniforms. :devil:

Except when everyone pretty much already knows what they are going to look like, takes alot of the "excitement" out of it.