NEW UNIFORMS plus NEW UNIFORMS

I think more younger folks welcome the change than you let on. I'm under 25 and I'm VERY excited for the change back to white helmets, and the change to the uni's. I love when they wear the throwback white helmets with the standing buffalo. I honestly think, just as another poster on here said before, that the white helmets are much more classy.

As someone who is almost 30, i like the red helmets much better. The white standing buffalo helmets are cool, but i like the red charging Buffalo. Plus, we were 1 of only 2 teams with red helmets. Everyone has white helmets.

What exactly makes the whites more "classy" than the red?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He meant to say, by inferring it, that Ralph is so cheap, he was hoping he would be able to just unveil the new uniforms, as a piggy back to the new Madden game...he didn't want to have to pay all those people to work extra hours at some "unveiling ceremony"... :nana:

Thanks for clearing that up. That makes sense now. :D

As someone who is almost 30, i like the red helmets much better. The white standing buffalo helmets are cool, but i like the red charging Buffalo. Plus, we were 1 of only 2 teams with red helmets. Everyone has white helmets.

just "old school" i guess. the throwbacks were fantastic at the original time they were worn, have never looked better recently, nothing better than tradition, classic, and that is what the white helmets represent, at least to me.

Edited by dwight in philly

I hope the NFL and any potential future owner pays attention to how this fan base responds to this unveil. I believe the Bills fans will buy these uniforms in record numbers even during a lockout. We will once again show how this fanbase is among the best of the best in the NFL.

Edited by Triple Threat

The charging buffalo has never been red. Always blue with a red stripe.

With respect to the red helmets -- I hated them when first introduced. For a while it looked like the Bills ran around with big candied apples on their heads. The red was so damn bright. Over the years it seems to me they darkened the color somewhat, which looks better. Still, I'm a HUGE fan of the white helmet with either logo. The new ones will be very sharp. "Classy" is probably the wrong word -- I'd go with traditional.

I think (I should say hope) that the new uni combination with the white helmets will look a lot better in real life to those who dont like it, as opposed to what they've seen on a few video game stills.

I dont think the white helmets look bad per se. I like them but I think the red is a little bolder plus now 3 of the 4 AFC East teams have white helmets.....

With respect to the red helmets -- I hated them when first introduced. For a while it looked like the Bills ran around with big candied apples on their heads. The red was so damn bright. Over the years it seems to me they darkened the color somewhat, which looks better. Still, I'm a HUGE fan of the white helmet with either logo. The new ones will be very sharp. "Classy" is probably the wrong word -- I'd go with traditional.

Ramius quite obviously meant that as the "red [helmet with] charging buffalo."

Edited by UConn James

Meant the red helmet with the charging buffalo.

WHITE helmets RULE, If you don't think so, you're too young.

But you'll be growing up quick now, because you'll like'em by the end of the year.

Already knowing what they look like, I'm not too excited about the REVEAL party,

but anything about BUFFALO BILLS football is a good thing, better than the damn lockout.

BRING IT! GO BILLS!

WHITE helmets RULE, If you don't think so, you're too young.

But you'll be growing up quick now, because you'll like'em by the end of the year.

I don't think so, and I'm quite old enough.

The white helmets just remind me too much of the futility of the 1970s and 1980s.

+1

Love the new uni's but the white helmets are very run of the mill like the some of the other teams.

I look at the teams with the white background on the helmets (Dolphins, Jets, Colts, Cardinals). They are among the most un imaginative and generic looking in the league. They just dont stand out. The Patriots and Buccaneers helmets are much better since they have moved away from the white background. As an old Bills fan getting away from the white helmets meant a change from the losing tradition we had wearing them. We had very few winning records wearing the white helmet. Either way it's about the team and not the helmets. Would love to see them start a winning tradition with the new uni's.

I couldn't resist joining in on this thread because it's such an interesting topic to me. If the Bills do indeed go back to the white helmets, I hope they don't switch to too light of a blue on the jerseys. The unis should be THREE colors only: red, white and (royal or navy) blue... just like the American flag! I vote for blue face masks, too.

I remember the last time they had a uniform unveiling event. Jim Kelly announced, "the future face of the franchise - JP LOSMAN!!!!!"

That traumatic memory makes me less pumped up for this event. Plus football doesn't even exist right now, which also gets me less pumped up. :thumbdown:

As your first post, i hope this isn't indicative of whats to come. I think we're all full here with negative posters. You see what billsfreak is getting tonight. you don't want that, do you?...but hey, welcome to the club!

It just so happens I'll be in Buffalo that day. But now I have an even bigger choice to make. Do I go to this event, the Bisons game, Dark Star Orchestra at the Harbor, or Stephen Page at the canal in Lockport?

Buffalo, a town with nothing happening. <_<

PTR

I'm with Buffalo Baumer, DARKSTAR!...is it really that close??...though I am not sure who Stephen Page is.

What is was, was that when the red helmet came out in '84, they left the face-mask blue, which made them look really bad.

When they tweaked it after 3 season in 1987 to the white face-mask it made a total difference.

Still ... they're way past their 'sell-by' date

The "invitation" in the email appears to be a shot of the helmet stripe. Red with the dual royal blue stripes, and a small navy outline, which is pretty much what has been rumored for a long time...

Either that or a shot of the striping on the white home pants click here

I don't think so, and I'm quite old enough.

The white helmets just remind me too much of the futility of the 1970s and 1980s.

The '80s weren't really futile. 84-85 obviously and 86 was Kellys 1st year. Almost made the playoffs in 87. Also the helmets were changed in 84 so they were red for much of the 80s.

Meant the red helmet with the charging buffalo.

Yeah, I figured that out after posting -- too lazy to edit. ;)

From the "leaked" photos it looks like we may see a grey facemask, which I would like!

If I recall, both the facemask and "belt" will be grey.

I wonder what players they will have for sale at the event? I assume Spiller, Evans and Poz. I'm hoping they have Stevie Johnson or Dareus available

My $.02:

Dareus

Fitz

Evans

Jackson

Williams (Kyle)

Johnson (Stevie)

Spiller

No Poz -- he's an unsigned FA

Not surprisingly, I knew exactly what I'd see after clicking on that link.

Supposedly, Marv and Co didn't want to re-fit the players with all new helmets that may have been uncomfortable before getting broken in. Funny, every other team that once had old style helmet colors and logos went with alternate headgear.

I think it's more likely that Ralph's bean counters advised against spending an extra $20k on helmets that would be used for only one game. (couldn't they have used them throughout the season in practice?)

The solution was to strip the charging buffalo logo and replace it with the white replica of the old red standing buffalo.

As if none of the Bills faithful would notice the reversed colors. "Say Stan, dat der player looks just like Tom Sestak der, but sometings diffrent. Did he grow a mustache? Cant quite put my finger on it. Pass da pierogis, der".

I think it's more likely that Ralph's bean counters advised against spending an extra $20k on helmets that would be used for only one game.

Ralph is cheap.

Big freakin' deal. Teams don't go with exact replicas of old suits on throwback day anyway. The Cowboy's throw backs are similar to their original uniforms, but not anywhere near exact.

I just wish the Seahawks would go throw back every once in a while to give us a break from those ugly green things they wear now.

If I recall, both the facemask and "belt" will be grey.

That would be my only 'complaint', and a minor one at that. The facemask should be blue, like the one in my avatar. The grey looks great on the original white helmet with the red, standing bison much like the white facemask looks great on the red helmet (the blue facemask didn't work with the red helmet). Would prefer blue belts, too. All in all, I'd still be more than happy with the changes if what's been "leaked" is true.