Who is Blaine Gabbert anyway?

Blaine Gabbert rattled through math problems so easily as a child, remembering everything from multiplication tables to batting averages,

Math problems. Reminds me of a joke

How did the mathematician solve his constipation problem?

He worked it out with a pencil

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing i like about this guy is that he seems to be a lot like ryan fitzpatrick. and i love ryan fitzpatrick. if we draft a QB at #3, i want this guy. that makes almost no sense at all to me, but that's the way i'm looking at it.

Going to Harvard did nothing for Fitz's accuracy.

I`m starting to think Gabbert is the pick . The way Buddy talked about him with Modrak, just made me think he could be the pick. Brooks Reed in the second .

I think there's no question they like Gabbert a lot...Well enough to make him the Pick at #3 Overall? Who knows...But they like him a lot...That's obvious... B-)

Hopefully he has half the arm that Drew had , but i don't think so !!! :thumbdown:

D with the 3rd pick & 34th we have the luxury of having a good QB to bridge the gap until a true franchise QB comes along !!

didn't that Gabbert article say he could throw a football 75 yards?

the thing i like about this guy is that he seems to be a lot like ryan fitzpatrick. and i love ryan fitzpatrick. if we draft a QB at #3, i want this guy. that makes almost no sense at all to me, but that's the way i'm looking at it.

Exactly why I don't really want him. To me he's a version of Ryan Fitzpatrick with a bit more talent. Why spend a number 3 for a guy who is like

the guy they already have? Draft a player who can transcend the status quo in the future not be more of the same.

my view of him having a great mind for the game is now confirmed and he should be the obvious choice for us.

“I have a joke with Blaine that everyone says he’s going to have to learn to stand under center and do three-, five- and seven-step drops,” Stitzell says by phone from his Fayette home. “No he doesn’t. I think he’s actually better under center than in the gun. He’s got better rhythm and timing. He’s very good at the play-action stuff which you need to do in the NFL.”

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it makes sense, Gabbert has the arm Fitzy doesn't.

I`m starting to think Gabbert is the pick . The way Buddy talked about him with Modrak, just made me think he could be the pick. Brooks Reed in the second .

those are my picks

Eh, nor does he play like him, to me he reminds of Steve Young.

Gawd, I hope he doesn't play like him - the days of having a 7-step drop and 4-5 seconds to find an open man are a thing of the past (unless you are facing the Bills pass rush). Also, Drew was about as mobile as a tree. Nice guy, big arm, but not one to sense the pass rush and be elusive.

Just the resemblance in the face was bugging me and for me it clicked that his size and features reminded me of Drew - that's all. I argue with my wife all the time when she says this person looks like that person - no biggie.

I like Gabbert - I just don't know if I 3rd overall pick like him. There are some safer bets to be made with the defensive prospects at that pick.

im starting to believe he will be the pick at 3. if dareus and gabbert are both available i think the bills are gonna have a really tough choice to make.

as for comparing him to fitz they are about 4 inches different in height and 20lbs in weight. another thing people forget is the 3-4 times a game fitz wings some ball out and it bounces across the ground or 5 feet above someones head. as much as i like him he has just a good chance of regressing as progressing. everyone just assumes hes gonna come out playing better.

any way to watch online tomorrow?

To much work tonight :(

I wish I could help you there. I think there's a link to the ESPN episodes in the other Gruden QB school thread. That might help.

As for this segment, it's pretty good so far. Gruden just had Gabbert diagram a basic line coverage for an empty backfield set. Gabbert mentioned that when they played Texas A&M they slid protection to Von Miller's side. Gruden told him to "forget A&M" and diagram something else. He's a bright kid.

GO BILLS!!!

I've actually surprised myself this year leading up to the draft. I really was against drafting Gabbert, vocally so, but recently have come to see him in a more positive light. Much of the shift has been through watching more film on him, in addition to his work with Terry Shae. Shae was the private coach for Bradford, Stafford, and Freeman.

Granted, the Gruden show doesn't tell us much about any of the QBs, and annoys us with Gruden's horrible on-air performances, so I can't really comment on Gabbert's segment on the show.

I wish I could help you there. I think there's a link to the ESPN episodes in the other Gruden QB school thread. That might help.

As for this segment, it's pretty good so far. Gruden just had Gabbert diagram a basic line coverage for an empty backfield set. Gabbert mentioned that when they played Texas A&M they slid protection to Von Miller's side. Gruden told him to "forget A&M" and diagram something else. He's a bright kid.

GO BILLS!!!

hmm i hope so...id like to see these

On right now, (7pm eastern) on ESPNU...Bills new QB?

Man i hope he's not our new QB !! He reminds me to much of an old QB that we took in the first round that had the same physical tools & sucked under pressure !!

I'll let you figure out who it is i'm talking about , but it's pretty east to figure out !!

I've actually surprised myself this year leading up to the draft. I really was against drafting Gabbert, vocally so, but recently have come to see him in a more positive light. Much of the shift has been through watching more film on him, in addition to his work with Terry Shae. Shae was the private coach for Bradford, Stafford, and Freeman.

Granted, the Gruden show doesn't tell us much about any of the QBs, and annoys us with Gruden's horrible on-air performances, so I can't really comment on Gabbert's segment on the show.

Dont speak for everyone. I love listening to Gruden

I have two reasons I do not want BG as our QB.

1. His name is Blaine.

2. That hair

You can say that again.

But it's not enough for me not to want him. If he's the pick, I'll be happy and pray he turns out to be our guy....and cuts his hair.

An obvious typo; he meant DVR. Everyone is such a grammar nazi. :pirate:

No, I meant VCR...I'm old school!

The Bills aren't trying to find someone a boyfriend-they're trying to find a QB. His name & hair are irrelevant.

:lol: Unfortunately, those two things are only irrelevant if he turns out to be good...

There's a lot to like about BG. But IMO, his on the field performance leaves me wanting more. I trust in Gailey but I'm wary of a guy that couldn't come close to putting up the #s a limited qb like Chase Daniel did in the same system.

[/quote

Daniel had two All-Americans out there (Maclin and Coffman) and some semblance of a running attack. Gabbert had nothing, really. He's got a big arm, and he was the top rated QB in the country coming out of high school.

I've said this before. I wouldn't mind the Bills taking Gabbert, but I don't think he should go #3. Maybe top 10.

I think they should go for Mallett. He's got great talent, and likes to party. Like Jimbo.

Blaine's episode was sooooo boring I can't watch him (or that hair) for the next 2 let alone 3 years in Buffalo. Plus the way he crumbles under pressure is trent 2.0. Atleast Cam and Mallet were intresting figures hell I even liked Lockers didn't see Daltons. Wish Tyrod Taylor and Kaprenick had one. I'd like to see Tyrod Taylor in a Bills Uniform over Gabbert, he just reeks wit suckieness (and pert plus)....

There's a lot to like about BG. But IMO, his on the field performance leaves me wanting more. I trust in Gailey but I'm wary of a guy that couldn't come close to putting up the #s a limited qb like Chase Daniel did in the same system.

Daniel had two All-Americans out there (Maclin and Coffman) and some semblance of a running attack. Gabbert had nothing, really. He's got a big arm, and he was the top rated QB in the country coming out of high school.

I've said this before. I wouldn't mind the Bills taking Gabbert, but I don't think he should go #3. Maybe top 10.

I think they should go for Mallett. He's got great talent, and likes to party. Like Jimbo.

With all due respect, I don't want to hear excuse for a 1st round qb. That offense is set up for qbs to succeed in. 16 tds in a very down Big 12 is not good. Say what you want to about Newton but he flat out dominated the best conference in college football. It's crazy but I put a lot on on the field performance. BG doesn't measure up IMO.

As for Mallett, it's a new NFL. If the media was around in Kelly's day, he probably would have gotten in trouble with the NFL. He was very Big Ben like. You need to worry about this with Mallett.

Blaine's episode was sooooo boring I can't watch him (or that hair) for the next 2 let alone 3 years in Buffalo. Plus the way he crumbles under pressure is trent 2.0. Atleast Cam and Mallet were intresting figures hell I even liked Lockers didn't see Daltons. Wish Tyrod Taylor and Kaprenick had one. I'd like to see Tyrod Taylor in a Bills Uniform over Gabbert, he just reeks wit suckieness (and pert plus)....

I strongly disagree. Blaine is probably more of a Herbal Essences guy.

On right now, (7pm eastern) on ESPNU...Bills new QB?

YES!

What is a VCR?

archaic recording instrument that tapes tv shows or plays movies :D , time to get OP a DVR.

Man i hope he's not our new QB !! He reminds me to much of an old QB that we took in the first round that had the same physical tools & sucked under pressure !!

I'll let you figure out who it is i'm talking about , but it's pretty east to figure out !!

Jim Kelly?

Ya he needs all the schooling he can get !!! :thumbdown:

looks like someone needs some schooling in grammar. :blink:

You will be the first to buy Blaine's # 11 Bills jersey :devil:

Tyrod Taylor? C'mon Dude guys gonna be a RB. You know Blaine Rocks, you are just prejudiced against smart QBs.