Bills should trade 6th or 7th round pick for Jimmy Clausen

freester

6th round pick? Sure. What makes you think they would make that trade. He was a 2nd round pick last year and I can't imagine his stock would de-value that much just because he didn't play very well as a rookie on the worst team in football. I'd guess he's still worth a 3rd or 4th rounder today. But yeah, I suppose I'd take a flyer on him over whoever would be available in this year's draft in the 6th round. Why am I even responding to this post? Are the Panthers offering Jimmy Clausen? What am I doing? I need to get back to work.

Carolina will probably draft a QB in the first round so they have no use for Clausen. We have nothing behind Fitzpatrick. Brohm and Levi Brown are not NFL players. Claussen could develop into a solid player over time.

This is what you want in a back up QB?

So many on this board and Mel Kiiper so loved him ... I think we should trade our #1 for him!

He is the can't miss ... superstar ... Super Bowl leader of the future ... he was meant to be a Buffalo Bill!!! :worthy:

Just because he is so awful that QB may be how Carolina picks should have no bearing on this no-brainer and then we won't have to debate whether we go DL or waste the pick on lazy Von Miller.

Let's make the trade ... do it today! For the future of the team!!! Give up #1 for Jimmy Boy!

If the Panthers like Clausen so little that they'd take a 6th round pick for him 1 year

after spending their 2nd on him, then that would speak volumes about how little

is thought of Clausen.

Good teams make low risk moves that sometimes are successful. The bills have wasted alot of picks on QBs that have failed. Todd

Collins, RJ, Edwards, Losman. I think Claussen has potential.

Good teams make low risk moves that sometimes are successful. The bills have wasted alot of picks on QBs that have failed. Todd

Collins, RJ, Edwards, Losman. I think Claussen has potential.-> to be added to this list!

Edited by snamsnoops

Carolina will probably draft a QB in the first round so they have no use for Clausen. We have nothing behind Fitzpatrick. Brohm and Levi Brown are not NFL players. Claussen could develop into a solid player over time.

Why do you think they are letting him go for cryin out loud !! We have enough of our own problems with out picking up some one elses !! Plus i'm sure his contract could be pretty pricey .

So i'm inclined to put my money on Buddy & Chan seeing as while Buddy was at SD he was probably in on Brees & Rivers .

NO THANKS !!!!!!!! I'LL PASS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Flutie?

WHAT DOES BEING A WINNER HAVE TOO DO WITH ANYTHING ABOUT THIS POST ????????

Edited by T master

And you have confirmed this with who?

Offer our 6th and 7th round pick, I think for sure but Carolina would not do that for a 6th or 7th. If we were to give up a 4th round pick, I would do it but reality wise this is not going to happen.

Last time i checked Levi Brown and Brian Brohm were both on NFl rosters, so they in fact are NFL players.

Levi Brown is no better or worse than the majority of 3rd string QBs out there.

If the Panthers like Clausen so little that they'd take a 6th round pick for him 1 year

after spending their 2nd on him, then that would speak volumes about how little

is thought of Clausen.

Not to mention how little is thought of the Carolina front office.

He's not worth it. I kinda agree with Buddy's accessment. Draft your guys!!! Go after the big name Free Agents and that's how you win ball games. Unfortunately we didn't get any big name free agents. But that's how I'd build my team if I was GM.

Edited by mattsox

This is worth me coming back & posting a second time !!!!!

YOUR NUTS !!!!! :huh::doh::sick::nana::thumbdown::wallbash::blink:

I guess it's insulting to ask if you are joking... But, are you joking???

I know I will get flamed for this, but I've already said it another thread:

I'd MUCH rather see what Gailey can do with an athletic guy like Tavaris Jackson, who has has at least SOME success in this league, than a guy like Claussen, who clearly does not have it

I can't believe how so many are writing this guy off after his rookie season on the worst team in the league. Even worse than the Bills for crying out loud. I saw him play against Seattle and he looked good in the 1st half. I think chances are good this guy could end up being a pretty good NFL QB. I'd make that trade. Dump Brown and Brohm and take Clausen and a vet FA. We'd be light years ahead at QB than we are now.

I don't think they would take anything less then a 3rd or 4th pick for him and right now id rather have those picks

I don't think they would take anything less then a 3rd or 4th pick for him and right now id rather have those picks

You may be right. Unfortunately I think we are going to waste our first round pick on Cam Newton. The question than becomes assuming we are drafting number 1 next year, Do you take Andrew Luck a year after taking a slowly developing Cam Newton?