OTAs 5/21

Love how fluid Coleman looks.  Albeit, against air.  Nice cuts, smooth.  I especially love how he catches the ball - looks it in, arms up when the ball arrives and not too early, good hands.

Interesting how both 13 and 14 were reissued quickly.  No reason not to of course.

• Like (+1) 5

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Breaking news:

Leave it to Timmah to try and create a “story” out of absolutely nothing.  🙄

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Going for the Babe Ruth of QBs look this season

Should just put up some white flags already

I think people already have…time to experiment with the new guys and see what we have, moving forward…And keep building 👍

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I can sign up for my Crow Plate Special too.  I don't see Sherfield as being at all the same type player as McKenzie or being asked to fill the same role.  But I thought Harty would be an upgrade on what McKenzie was good at - quick slants and gadget plays, getting open against man - while also being able to run a fuller route tree.  I was wrong, and I agree with you that Harty appeared to have lost the speed and quickness he showed in 2021 in NO.

I disagree that Schoen and Daboll signed McKenzie because "they like him as a person".  This is Daboll's 3rd season in NYC.  He's definitely sitting in a hot skillet unless they win.  Same for Schoen who is charged with getting Daboll the goods, and who made decisions like "pay Danny Dimes the Big Bucks".    It would be stupid to sign a player just because they like him.  Daboll used McKenzie very very effectively in 2020 and 2021.  I suspect Schoen and scouts watched the tape to ask "is he still fast?" "Yep" and they decided he could help the team win, if used as he was in B'lo.  He also returned punts and kicks for the Ponies last season, so there's that.

As far as Sherfield, I think his role was to replace Kumerow on ST but be a better WR.  And he was - marginally, but not by as big a margin as I thought so I will take my slice o' Crow Pie.

I didn’t say the only reason he’s on the team is because they like him as a person.  They obviously like his speed, it’s the only thing he brings to the table on the football field.  I should’ve been more detailed in my explanation.  

if they didn’t like him as a person, he wouldn’t be on the team.  He was suspended for the season for conduct detrimental to a team.  If they didn’t like him as a person. I don’t see why a coach/GM would sign a player that was a poor punt returner while also getting the 🥾 if they didn’t like the guy in the locker room, why would they risk bringing him in?  Because they know and like him…..and he’s fast.  If he was just fast….he wouldn’t have been signed imo.  

I watched all the PCs/interviews last night (as well as Bean's Chris Long interview) - one thing that stood out to me was a recurring theme of receivers individually or as a collective being very focused and willing to contribute any way they can - with lots of leadership and guys with different skill sets.  Thought it was interesting too that Beane singled out Hollins as a "glue guy" that "brings everyone together" which leads me to think he has an inside track to be on the 53.  At this point they really seem comfortable with the make-up of the WR room.

Also thought it was a cool moment when Josh just lit up when MVS yelled something at him off screen during his PC. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I watched all the PCs/interviews last night (as well as Bean's Chris Long interview) - one thing that stood out to me was a recurring theme of receivers individually or as a collective being very focused and willing to contribute any way they can - with lots of leadership and guys with different skill sets.  Thought it was interesting too that Beane singled out Hollins as a "glue guy" that "brings everyone together" which leads me to think he has an inside track to be on the 53.  At this point they really seem comfortable with the make-up of the WR room.

Also thought it was a cool moment when Josh just lit up when MVS yelled something at him off screen during his PC. 

As time goes on I am becoming more comfortable with the WR room we have. Good mix of players and skill sets. Good depth. And I think there will be a much better energy among the guys next year. 

I don't expect to hear any low positive BS from Josh next year. 

Add in a guy at TE who has the poten to be an elite player and I think we will just fine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Process said:

As time goes on I am becoming more comfortable with the WR room we have. Good mix of players and skill sets. Good depth. And I think there will be a much better energy among the guys next year. 

I don't expect to hear any low positive BS from Josh next year. 

Add in a guy at TE who has the poten to be an elite player and I think we will just fine. 

I agree.

As someone who has been vocal the past few weeks about our WR room not being up to snuff, I feel a bit better about it today than I did on May 1st.

MVS, while not a world beater, adds some depth and downfield ability. Claypool so far is saying and doing all the right things, and if he actually has his head screwed on straight, has shown in the past that he has the ability to be an 800 yards per year type talent. I've been focusing more on what Coleman potentially CAN do than what he CAN'T do, and that has softened my apprehension about him at least a little bit. Beane talked up Shakir as being underrated on the Chris Long show, and I suspect he may have a big role this year.

I said all along that if they weren't gonna have top quality, then I at least wanted them to have quantity and variety. With Coleman, Samuel, Shakir, MVS, Claypool, Hollins, and then a Shorter/Shavers/Hamler deathmatch....I think the WR group may be fine. I still don't think it's gonna make anyone's top 10 lists, but combined with Kincaid/Knox, Cook/Davis, and the way Brady likes to spread the ball around, I think the Bills still have a chance to be pretty good on offense.

All of that said...I still hope they draft, sign, or trade for a dynamic WR in 2025, and I'd still be fine with them acquiring one post June 1st this year as well, though I give it an extremely low chance of happening.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1