OTAs 5/21

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Rapp is going to seriously injure one of his own teammates these days. What an idiot.

This.  McDermott needs to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with him pronto.

If he demurs, Brady needs to have a chat with McDermott.  This is NOT OK - "friendly fire" isn't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I haven't seen anything written about him yet and admittedly OTA's are a near impossible place to judge RB's but I really am looking forward to hearing about Ray Davis.  

I have high hopes for Davis.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the full McDermott quote on Claypool:

"Very impressed with Chase. Really just starting with his approach, here's a veteran receiver, former high pick, that has been on a journey, right, through the course of recently in his career. I applaud Chase for coming here to see where things go. He's very focused, he's working extremely hard day in and day out. And embracing not just the wide receiver role that he could play for us, but also the special teams role that he could play for us. You don't find that a lot around the NFL where a player has been at a certain level and then is on a mission right now to reclaim what he once was in that regard. And those are my words, maybe not fair to Chase, respectfully, but I would just say like very impressed with his day to day approach, true pro, high character, smart player, and he's been a good addition to our team."

This is extremely high praise from the normally tight lipped McDermott. No clue if it will translate on the field but it's a good sign.

If….if….If… this guy plays to his potential think what the Bills WR corps will look like. A big  If……

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Chase Claypool taking the early lead in the 25th annual "Buffalo Bills offseason darling wide receiver" series.

Like with Drew Hadaad, Da'Rick Rodgers, Naaman Roosevelt, and Andy Isabella before him, I'm predicting 75 catches for 1,100 yards and 10 TDs.

2022 was Tavon Austin

2023 was Trent Sherfield

I remember @NewEra getting pretty hot under the collar about Scott mocking Sherfield's outlook.   And really didn't like the Jake Kumerow comparisons.  "Poop" I think was the word.   

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2022 was Tavon Austin

2023 was Trent Sherfield

I remember @NewEra getting pretty hot under the collar about Scott mocking Sherfield's outlook.   And really didn't like the Jake Kumerow comparisons.  "Poop" I think was the word.   

Yeah, I thought he was a clear upgrade over mckenzie.  I was wrong about him AND Harty.  As a man, I can admit it when I’m wrong. Unlike others, who have apparently never been wrong.  

Sherfield brought more to the table as at least he was an asset in the run game.  He was an upgrade over mckenzie.  He signed with the Vikings. 

Harty clearly lost a step and didn’t have the explosiveness I remembered from NO.  He signed another contract with the ravens.  

Kumerow is on the couch like Chad Kelly and Mckenzie likely has a job because Schoen and Daboll like him as a person. 

I may have gone overboard with how much better Sherfield and Harty were compared to lil dummy and Kumerow, but they are better. 

speaking of Scott-  where you at my guy?  Homie changed his username or leave the board?

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2