OTAs 5/21

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is something:

Easily the best case scenario if we don't add to the WR room is for Chase Claypool to make the 53 and take this (likely) last chance seriously. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here's the full McDermott quote on Claypool:

"Very impressed with Chase. Really just starting with his approach, here's a veteran receiver, former high pick, that has been on a journey, right, through the course of recently in his career. I applaud Chase for coming here to see where things go. He's very focused, he's working extremely hard day in and day out. And embracing not just the wide receiver role that he could play for us, but also the special teams role that he could play for us. You don't find that a lot around the NFL where a player has been at a certain level and then is on a mission right now to reclaim what he once was in that regard. And those are my words, maybe not fair to Chase, respectfully, but I would just say like very impressed with his day to day approach, true pro, high character, smart player, and he's been a good addition to our team."

This is extremely high praise from the normally tight lipped McDermott. No clue if it will translate on the field but it's a good sign.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Shocked 2
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 7

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

"Very impressed with Chase. Really just starting with his approach, here's a veteran receiver, former high pick, that has been on a journey, right, through the course of recently in his career. I applaud Chase for coming here to see where things go. He's very focused, he's working extremely hard day in and day out. And embracing not just the wide receiver role that he could play for us, but also the special teams role that he could play for us. You don't find that a lot around the NFL where a player has been at a certain level and then is on a mission right now to reclaim what he once was in that regard. And those are my words, maybe not fair to Chase, respectfully, but I would just say like very impressed with his day to day approach, true pro, high character, smart player, and he's been a good addition to our team."

This is extremely high praise from the normally tight lipped McDermott. No clue if it will translate on the field but it's a good sign.

If he has finally pulled his head out, that is a big add to the WR room.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 9

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Building him up. McDermott knows what he’s doing. I’m sure Claypool is working his butt off but McDermott is trying to get the best out of him by boosting up his confidence.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Media is in attendance today.

LMAO cant escape the injury bug even in the offseason. Our new Safety is out for a few weeks with a shoulder as well.  Mr. Bishop... lets go buddy!

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Building him up. McDermott knows what he’s doing. I’m sure Claypool is working his butt off but McDermott is trying to get the best out of him by boosting up his confidence.

I think he is trying to put the questions to bed. He knows that if he gives a quick answer with no substance he'll keep getting hounded about it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What a concept. Instead of breaking him down, and ripping on him his HC is actually being positive and building him up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yep. Throughout his tenure McDermott has been very selective of who he praises and when. We see it with rookies especially every year. Heading that, to me it indicates that McDermott feels Claypool needs to hear it in some regard. Hopefully it works out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

What a concept. Instead of breaking him down, and ripping on him his HC is actually being positive and building him up.

I mean you know he’s not going to break him down in a press conference. This seems calculated to me. McDermott is usually reserved when discussing players, good or bad.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. Throughout his tenure McDermott has been very selective of who he praises and when. We see it with rookies especially every year. Heading that, to me it indicates that McDermott feels Claypool needs to hear it in some regard. Hopefully it works out.

Definitely possible... could also be where when they signed him they gave them their word that no matter if there is a spot ultimately for him, that if he comes in and genuinely tries and has an awesome attitude, that they would help him try and catch on with a different team. 

So where normally he would keep that in house and in a meeting room or a 1-1 convo with a player, he's saying it publicly because the guy has a reputation that maybe isn't fair or he is working on changing the perception.

• Like (+1) 1

Chase Claypool taking the early lead in the 25th annual "Buffalo Bills offseason darling wide receiver" series.

Like with Drew Hadaad, Da'Rick Rodgers, Naaman Roosevelt, and Andy Isabella before him, I'm predicting 75 catches for 1,100 yards and 10 TDs.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Chase Claypool taking the early lead in the 25th annual "Buffalo Bills offseason darling wide receiver" series.

Like with Drew Hadaad, Da'Rick Rodgers, Naaman Roosevelt, and Andy Isabella before him, I'm predicting 75 catches for 1,100 yards and 10 TDs.

Excuse me but Duke Williams?!!??!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2