Von Miller +25,000 DPOY Odds

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

How the hell can Van Miller win DPOY? I mean, my favorite announcer, but c’mon. 

No no no, you’re thinking of the guy who sang Brown Eyed Girl.

11 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Dpoy isn't in the cards for our d-line. The rotation takes away too many opportunities.

Our D-Line is too thin. I doubt this is going to be a year with a heavy rotation. There's going to be plenty of opportunity for Groot, and Oliver. Dpoy would still certainly be a long shot tho...

21 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

What evidence do you have to suggest that Von Miller is a washed up bum???

I'm confused.  Are you putting out that state about 10+ sacks for 35+ players because you think it proves something?  If it does, I think it proves my point more than yours.

Evidence?

You do realize Von Miller played in 14 games (including playoffs) last season?

It's understandable if you didn't notice that he was playing...the man was a ghost out there and finished the season with 3 tackles and no sacks. 

Watching him in any of those games should be all the evidence anyone needs to know he's a washed up bum. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Evidence?

It's understandable if you didn't notice that he was playing...the man was a ghost out there and finished the season with 3 tackles and no sacks. 

Watching him in any of those games should be all the evidence anyone needs to know he's a washed up bum. 

I would say you might, just might have a slight bias towards Mr. Miller.  It shows rather clearly. 

Time will tell who is or isn't predicting his future correctly.  I agree 110% that Von looked like DOG crap last season.  But 1 year removed from a serious injury like that my expectations were very slim.  I would gather he is a proud man and will do his level best to regain some semblance of his former self.  If that happens we will all be happy, except for perhaps you with your very negative bias towards him. 

Try to get over it....really, it isn't life or death ya know.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

I think I'd have a better chance of hitting the Powerball or Mega Millions than betting on DPOY for Miller.

Epenesa would be a better bet as well.

I agree with that, but I think some of the talk was about being comeback player if he got double digit sacks. That is much more likely, though I still wouldn’t bet the farm on it without crazy odds. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/18/2024 at 8:53 AM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Evidence?

See what I already said about time to recover off an ACL tear 

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See what I already said about time to recover off an ACL tear 

A pass rusher at that age coming off a 2nd ACL tear is not the same as a 28 year old receiver or corner for example coming off an ACL. 

On 5/17/2024 at 11:20 AM, Herc11 said:

Dpoy isn't in the cards for our d-line. The rotation takes away too many opportunities.

If any one of our dlinemen could truly separate themselves from the pack we just might see less of a rotation.  I think we would see exceptions to the rotation if we had a prime TJ Watt or Chris Jones on the roster.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If any one of our dlinemen could truly separate themselves from the pack we just might see less of a rotation.  I think we would see exceptions to the rotation if we had a prime TJ Watt or Chris Jones on the roster.  

agree

in 2022 Von Miller didn't play fewer than 70% of snaps if the game didn't end up decided by over 3TDs

great players just dont come off the field often

On 5/17/2024 at 1:28 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I don't think Von wins DPOY, but I actually think the "Von is over-the-hill" narrative is head-scratching.

Throw out his play from last season.  History says that players take more than a full calendar year to fully recover from an ACL tear and often closer to 2 full calendar years to round back into form.  We saw that happen with Tre White and it happens time and time again with players in the NFL.

So the only argument regarding Von is his age.  @GunnerBill said this offseason that Von is washed and he thinks there's something like a 5% chance Von has any impact on the team this year.  That's really the way almost everyone feels.  He's a complete afterthought.

Do you guys not remember how Von was playing up until that Thanksgiving game in 2022????  It's not like he showed any signs of age whatsoever.  The guy had 8 sacks in 11 games and was still a game-wrecker.  Didn't look like a 33 year old pass rusher in any way.

We know he works.  We know he wants to win.  And we know he believes in himself.

I think Von is going to have a very productive season this year.  He may not get double digit sacks, but as a DPR I could absolutely see him getting 6-10 sacks.

It's only head scratching if you absolutely must find the rosiest possible result in the worst of situations. There are 20 year olds who are never the same after an ACL tear and he was already on the last leg of his career. I think there's a very realistic chance he never even plays again. If he comes into camp looking like he did last season, he should just hang it up, because he wasn't a practice-squad level talent last year. It would be an historic comeback that people would talk about for years if he put up 10 sacks this year, considering he wasn't putting up that many more in his long lost prime.