Add 2 Bills draught players in their prime, and add to 2024 Bills roster

Pete

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Eric Moulds

Ted Washington 

If it's prime definitely TO and Evans why because nobody will stop are offense they will average 45 per game. 

If it's prime and players that played in the playoffs at one pt 

Moulds & TO 

If it's strictly drought players u have to go Peters and Evans or u know what if it's pre injuries Sammy I'm taking I'm at Wr over Evans . 

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Maybe so but he has a record that can only be tied and never beat. TO was on the receiving end of a 99 yard TD pass from the magic one.

Better check those record books fbm...

It was 98 yards and Josh tied it 2 years ago in Pittsburgh to Gabe.

I'll never forget that call though. Gus Johnson "T.O., OOOOHHHHHH"

Posted (edited)

Okay so my criteria for my choices is:

1. I am only considering their performance in Buffalo not their overall NFL career. 

2. They can not have played a playoff game as a Bill. 

Which leaves me with a choice of Jason Peters and Mario Williams. Reason? I think they were the two guys that spring to mind as having periods of elite performance in their Bills run and at premium positions too. I wanted to pick a receiver and thought about Lee Evans but he was just a lesser player than Mario and Peters.

EDITED: I forgot Peters somehow. Gilmore was originally my 2nd choice. He'd be third for me.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Better check those record books fbm...

It was 98 yards and Josh tied it 2 years ago in Pittsburgh to Gabe.

I'll never forget that call though. Gus Johnson "T.O., OOOOHHHHHH"

I could've sworn it was 99 ... Guess that leaves 99 yards still open for Shakir to take.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:49 AM, Pete said:

Eric Moulds

Ted Washington 

Picking the player with the most receiving yards in a playoff game in NFL history to represent the non playoff Bills is a bold statement. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I'm going to run with:

Marcus Spriggs - Guard

James Hardy- Wide Receiver

They would add depth to the offensive line and fill in the void at WR.

What???... No love for Donte Hitner!! 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Bring back George Wilson ............. he could play safety or wide receiver.  Joking aside I'd love to have a young Gilmore and Dareus on defense.  Gilmore was the picture of a shutdown corner for several seasons.  Not so much under Rex.  Dareus was great in the 4-3 with Schwartz and we saw a noticeable difference when the traded him away before we made the playoffs.  I might be overly optimistic that Miller will show some return to form otherwise Schobel might get the nod over 1 of those picks. 

Different definitions of playoff drought players.

Definition 1: A player who played playoff games with the Bills early in his career, but who went on to spend time in the playoff drought.

Two guys I'd take from this category: Ted Washington and Eric Moulds. Ted Washington was a mountain of a man. Despite regularly being double-teamed, he made a lot of plays. You look at his statistics, and you think, this is really good for a NT. Eric Moulds was a true #1 WR, who had over 200 yards of receptions in the playoff game against Miami.

Definition 2: A player who started his Bills career during the drought, but hung around just long enough to see the drought broken.

Guys I'd take from this category: Kyle Williams and Eric Wood. Williams was the Bills' best drought-era draft pick, and would make a major contribution to the interior of the DL. Wood was a good player, but not of the same caliber as Williams. He'd provide much-needed help at center.

Definition 3: A player who entered the league as a Bill during the drought, and who didn't sniff the playoffs while in a Bills uniform.

Guys I'd take in this category: Jason Peters (LT) and Fred Jackson (RB). Jason Peters is a Hall of Fame LT, and in his prime would be a prize addition to just about any team. Fred Jackson was a surprisingly good RB, great instincts, and overall very solid football player.

Definition 4: Players who spent most of their careers elsewhere, but who came to the Bills late career for a short duration. (This definition is ridiculous, btw.)

Guys I'd take in this category: Terrell Owens (HOF), WR. Frank Gore (HOF), RB.

Kyle Williams and Mario Williams. 

I'm not concerned with Josh Allen and his ability to put up points. Lee Evans isn't anything special. We didn't have peak TO. Stevie Johnson would've dropped any important pass, so ill pass. Eric Moulds career started before the drought era and doesn't qualify for this.

The Bills DL is absolutely unquestionably pathetic going on three Playoffs in a Row. Add those two guys in their Buffalo Prime to the current Bills and the Bills are 2 - 1 against the Chiefs in the playoffs. 13 seconds never would've happened and the Bills would've won this past year where we badly needed our DL to create a rush. 

People here are complaining about not addressing receiver and I keep looking at the DL and wondering when they're gonna show up in the playoffs against the Chiefs or Bengals? Beane needs to either trade, sign, or draft a stud Dend next off season because Rosseau though very good isn't great and the Bills need a great dend to truly become a consistent Superbowl threat.

Peak prime?

Mario Williams (remember when he scoop slammed a RB)

Eric Moulds 

Honorable Mention: Lee Evans and Jarius Byrd. 

The amount of people saying Mario Williams makes we think a group therapy session is needed.