Add 2 Bills draught players in their prime, and add to 2024 Bills roster

Pete

My definition of a "drought era" guy has always been a guy that played the majority nof his career in that period.

For example, Kyle Williams to me is "drought era". Sure, he got that 1 playoff game at the tail end...but the bulk of his work was done on bad teams. So he is always my first pick in these discussions. 

Second pick, I'm open to a lot of different guys there. What the hey, give me Marshawn Lynch. Sure, he went on to bigger and better games. But not with the Bills. With the Bills he was firmly "Drought Era".

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Pete said:

Eric Moulds

Ted Washington 

Great players, but not drought players. 

Moulds played on 3 Bills Playoff teams, Washington played on 6 Bills playoff teams. 

Edited by Bob in STL

It's sort of case-by-case who I'd consider drought era, Moulds played too much in the playoffs for me to associate him with that label while Kyle I would say yes. TO is a no go for me because it has to be someone who sort of fought through that misery with us for awhile.

I'm taking Lee Evans (big get for this roster with his skillset and I'd love to watch him play with Josh Allen) and Jason Peters.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They did but it's not the generally accepted idea of who was a drought player. I think most people think it is a Bills player that never played a playoff game for the Bills.

I am more inclined to give a nod to players who were in the playoffs by started the drought as “drought era” than I am to give the nod to players who missed the playoffs but ended the drought. 

I don’t have a great reason to put into words as to why. But that’s what my gut says. lol 

12 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Lee Evans and Mario Williams

(Is Moulds really drought era when he was on the team when it made the playoffs?)

I also would go with Evans and Williams. 

Moulds could be there for me but for the argument factoring in he actually went to the playoffs I’ll take him off. But honestly, I’m not sure he would be better than Lee on this team. Mounds imo might be the best WR to ever don a Bills Uniform. But Evans with Josh throwing him the ball would smoke people. At least that’s the hope. 

Mario is likely the best possibly option for the defensive side of the ball. I could go Clements or Gilmore and lock down the corner spots for sure. But nothing would beat Mario coming in destroying QBs like we all hoped Von would do. 

• Like (+1) 1