R E L A X

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

EXACTLY what this is. 

Fear based loser mentality. 

It's also REALITY.  How can you possibly look at what has transpired between the Bills and the Chiefs going back to the 2017 draft and not feel the same?

The top 4 WRs were of the board.  And Beane saw the remaining WRs left and strengths but also weaknesses.  So Instead of reaching he is shifting the lower part of the draft upwards. Its not sexy but he is playing the cards hes been dealt. I also expect more moves and I'm thinking we end up with 4 top 100 picks, lots of lower picks to work and plenty of value on the table

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’m still excited about the opportunities on the board. 

AD Mitchell has as much potential as any receiver in the draft. I HOPE he interviewed well, as McD won’t want to take on another diva and there are reports of him taking plays off. I don’t think that is abnormal, nor am I concerned about the diabetes. If he’s got the right attitude he could be a great fit. 

If AD is off our board, Ladd most certainly has to be the best potential WR. In many ways his game mirrors Diggs. Great route runner, can play inside or out, and ran 4.39. He’s not big, slightly smaller than Steph, and has had issues staying on the field, so that’s a bit concerning. 

What worries me is throughout the process it’s looked like they love Troy Franklin. IF they go a different direction at 33, I’d be fine with a move up from 60 to grab him once the WR’s start to fall. I don’t like him at 33, not great value. 

Now IF they swerve us and wait on WR there are a couple guys who offer value and fit need. Cooper Dejean has been most talked about, but I think I’d go Newton. Yes he’s a bit too similar to Oliver, but the dude is a great player. Pairing him with Ed on 3rd downs could help the DE situation in that they’d terrorize the pocket up the middle. 

Final thought, with more draft capital we can definitely double dip today and walk away with 3 players that should contribute right away. 

Damn it’s going to be a long wait! 

Go Bills! 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

It's also REALITY.  How can you possibly look at what has transpired between the Bills and the Chiefs going back to the 2017 draft and not feel the same?

I do not live like that. You want to be the best you simply beat the best. I'm  sure Beane explored other options but KC may have been the only option.

I love Allen as our QB and I don't  stew at all about that trade. Allen's not the reason we haven't gotten over the hump

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

People are acting like Xavier Worthy is automatically some world beater just because he ran a 4.21 40 time. John Ross ran a 4.22 and was a nobody. Mecole Hardman ran a 4.33 and has been the very definition of meh. He was solid in college, but he wasn't exactly feared. The knocks on him are he takes plays off when he is not the preliminary target, hand strength, he's built like a pretzel stick, and doesn't really shift gears in relation to football placement as he should. Until he actually proves to be a threat, I'm not worried at all. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

If he's not managing that given what he does, with the resources of two different major football programs with all the resources a player could ask for that speaks to a lack of maturity as much as anything else. It's not about the Bills managing his diabetes, it's about him managing his diabetes. Could he start? Sure. Why would he begin now if he hasn't already?

Agree, If he is a type 1 diabetic(which I don't know 1 or 2, havent looked into it other than message board banter)... if he isn't managing it well he would not be able to do anything at an optimal level which he has shown let alone live very long.  Most people dont understand the difference between type 1 and type 2

Edited by Lagoon Blues

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

IMO DeJean would be the pick, and an exceptional pick.  But my guess is someone makes too good an offer for pick 33, and that Beane stockpiles top 100 picks

Excellent strategy. If he plays his cards right the Bills could corner the market in round 7 with 32 picks! Big Baller Bean make it happen. 🙃

ok..back to reality....there's going to be a breaking point at which they'd have to limit the number of players chosen. They still have to fit them under the cap, and too many picks mean practice squad, poached players, and ultimately wasted draft choices. I seriously doubt they'd consider adding picks. Just dealing with an overabundance of rookies and UFAs could be a headache for the coaching staff trying to get ready for the season.

If anything, I think it's more likely to parlay multiple picks for less picks, but improved positioning.

BTW - I'm not a draftnik, so I know little about the prospects, but looking at the video for DeJean, an Iowa kid, he just looks like the sort of player that Beane often targets.  I wonder if they decide to go with him if they'd bundle some of the excess draft picks with Elam, who could become expendable.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I do not live like that. You want to be the best you simply beat the best. I'm  sure Beane explored other options but KC may have been the only option.

I love Allen as our QB and I don't  stew at all about that trade. Allen's not the reason we haven't gotten over the hump

Allen is the main reason we have remained competitive these last 5 years.  It's because of him and in spite of the blunders made by Beane and the front office.  Say what you want to or feel how you feel, but to me it's obvious our coaching staff and management is lightyears behind KC's.  As long as that is the case, we will always be chasing them.  

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Hahahahahahahahha. 

I plan on not living in the past. 

7 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Agree, If he is a type 1 diabetic(which I don't know 1 or 2, havent looked into it other than message board banter)... if he isn't managing it well he would not be able to do anything at an optimal level which he has shown let alone live very long.  Most people dont understand the difference between type 1 and type 2

It's type 1.

52 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I honestly can't see them picking at 33.  They could have drafted at 32 and got someone with a 5th year option.  Now they don't have that by moving one pick.  They are going to take calls all day and move back again IMO.

It’s definitely still possible. Beane could have viewed the trade as moving down 1 pick, and only losing the 5th year option, in exchange for later moving from 95 to ~85.

The only smart move is to trade back again. Somehow turn #28 and #60 into 3 second round picks.

Maybe drop back to AZ and give them one of our fourths for their late 3rd rounder.  

Bills still take Mitchell at 35 and then have 60 and two 3rd round picks and 3 fourths to play with later in the second.

I don't think you can drop back lower than Washington or the Chargers and get your WR. Both probably take WR. 

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Hahahahahahahahha. 

I plan on not living in the past. 

How is not feeling super positive about this draft based on recent history between Buffalo and KC "living in the past"?  How confident do you feel about the current regime and their ability and or desire to give Allen the weapons he needs/deserves to contend with KC and the Bengals going forward?

• Thank you (+1) 2

For so many years people complained that Buddy Nix/Whaley never traded back and everyone wanted us to be like New England and trade back until you find value and stockpile picks. Beane is doing it and everyone seems upset. 

I liked but did not love Worthy. The majority of Bills fans thought he was a small, one trick pony who would get pushed around...but now that he was drafted by the Chiefs he is Tyreek Hill. If we took Worthy at 28 there would still be a ton of people complaining. 

The trading with KC thing is a little annoying, but at the end of the day, not taking the deal does not prevent KC from getting their guy. I think you have to be open to dealing with ALL teams, no matter who they are.

If KC would have traded up for Ricky Pearsall people who have said the Chiefs were playing 3D chess and we were playing checkers. If we took Pearsall there would be rioting in the streets. 

The 5th year option stuff is mostly inconsequential to me. If the player is good by year 3 they get extended anyway. The 5th year option can be a detriment at times, especially later in the round and especially if you are picking someone you do not have a first round grade on. 

Beane is collecting ammunition to move around the board tonight and if he doesn't believe in the players that were there then trading back makes 100% sense. 

Whoever he takes tonight, people will complain. If he takes Franklin it's gonna be "well he could have had Pearsalll or Worthy or Mitchell or Coleman." If he takes Mitchell it's gonna be "well he has diabetes and they should have just taking Worthy to Franklin or whatever." 

I guess my point is, people will likely not be happy with whatever happens tonight, but I believe that Beane is doing the right thing here. I hope he picks the right players. 

I know its hard not to get emotional, but I just feel like it's a pointless venture. Let's wait and see.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

You have to trust the process. 🙄. Beane knows how to pick WR. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t really get the angst.  What if we stayed put at 28 and took AD Mitchell, DeJean or Franklin? People wouldn’t be melting down like this. Well they still can AND they bettered their picks and position. The talent pool is pretty level in rounds 2-4. I’m ok with stockpiling and loading up on players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Available

Adonai Mitchell - takes plays off

Troy Franklin - too thin & light 

Ladd McConkey - Shakir 2.0

Keon Coleman - project

Javon Baker - lines up mostly 1 side

Jalynn Polk 

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf - these 2 were Legette comps

Not seeing a #1 WR available in draft, just nice role players.

Little hard to Relax when the 

WR room currently bottom 5 & there doesn't appear to be a plan. Maybe we get a Hail Mary Trade for an established vet WR 1. 🤞

Just now, Bookie Man said:

I don’t really get the angst.  What if we stayed put at 28 and took AD Mitchell, DeJean or Franklin? People wouldn’t be melting down like this. Well they still can AND they bettered their picks and position. The talent pool is pretty level in rounds 2-4. I’m ok with stockpiling and loading up on players. 

People just angry they stayed up and didn’t get to see them draft anyone.  People just love to complain 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

It’s almost certainly type one insulin-dependent diabetes. Young athletes in good shape are not candidates for type two. Also, managing IDDM is much easier with current medical technology. I don’t see this as a major issue. If he has character issues it’s very unlikely they’re related to his diabetes

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Available

Adonai Mitchell - takes plays off

Troy Franklin - too thin & light 

Ladd McConkey - Shakir 2.0

Keon Coleman - project

Javon Baker - lines up mostly 1 side

Jalynn Polk 

Recent Hits

AJ Brown

Dk Metcalf - these 2 were Legette comps

Not seeing a #1 WR available in draft, just nice role players.

Little hard to Relax when the 

WR room currently bottom 5 & there doesn't appear to be a plan. Maybe we get a Hail Mary Trade for an established vet WR 1. 🤞

The plan is to continue to trust the magical mythical process ... while the Chiefs continue to be married to winning SBs

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

It’s almost certainly type one insulin-dependent diabetes. Young athletes in good shape are not candidates for type two. Also, managing IDDM is much easier with current medical technology. I don’t see this as a major issue. If he has character issues it’s very unlikely they’re related to his diabetes

You're right. It is easier to manage. That's why if it's currently poorly managed it begs the question why.

Just now, That's No Moon said:

You're right. It is easier to manage. That's why if it's currently poorly managed it begs the question why.

Unless you can show conclusive evidence that he is not managing it adequately it’s not an issue in my opinion. Is it possible? I suppose. But unlikely. Have to go with the null hypothesis here.

7 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

To be fair it wouldn’t shock me if there have been offensive lineman with type 2 over the years. 

53 minutes ago, Mango said:

Adonai Mitchell is interesting. Some of the attitude concerns seem to be linked to his lack of management of his diabetes. I’ll be curious if the Bills think they can manage that. Because if they can he’s an unbelievable athlete. 

For any of the film gurus on the board I am curious is Franklin plays faster than his combine time. 

Franklin is interesting. 4.41 isn’t exactly slow, but his 1.61 10 yard split was.

His jumping was fine/good and so were his shuttles, so it was probably just a bad start. Maybe because he was sick. That said…his flying 20 (the second half) was insane. This matches what you see when you watch him play…his top gear is elite. Worthy was the only guy faster on the field last year.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SirAndrew said:

To be fair it wouldn’t shock me if there have been offensive lineman with type 2 over the years. 

Certainly possible. But I would be shocked if it was prevalent. You can be overweight and be in good shape and not have type two. My assumption, which is all it is, that it’s not prevalent 

1 minute ago, Mikey152 said:

Franklin is interesting. 4.41 isn’t exactly slow, but his 1.61 10 yard split was.

His jumping was fine/good and so were his shuttles, so it was probably just a bad start. Maybe because he was sick. That said…his flying 20 (the second half) was insane. This matches what you see when you watch him play…his top gear is elite. Worthy was the only guy faster on the field last year.

Folks better get familiar with Franklin, I’m with Gunner, I’d put a decent amount of money on him being the guy we eventually pick. And I think that’s a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

I had the same message as the OP at the time we traded to KC.

Then Carolina took Legette, the guy I wanted, and I drove immediately to my 24-hour Pitchforks R Us location.

Seriously, you likely couldn't stop KC from getting Worthy unless you pick him yourself and deviate from your draft board. Deviating from your draft board to try to stop your rival is nuts. If we would've done than, what if they would have taken Legette or Mitchell? What if Worthy busts but Legette or Mitchell doesn't? You can't do that. You must stick to your board.

But... it was brought up on WGR this morning: Beane's ability to draft WRs is in question. When so many other teams took guys in the first and Beane trades out, he's seeing guys vastly different from many other teams, including the champs. That's not reassuring. Beane could still be right, but he's positioning himself to be smarter than many other teams here and needs to vindicate himself with a good WR pick sometime soon.

My other concern: what is Josh thinking? That question is related to who we pick at WR. If we do not take a WR in the second in a class lauded as the best in years I honestly fear that will piss off Josh significantly. But that hasn't happened... yet.

Edited by Nephilim17

Just now, Mojo44 said:

Certainly possible. But I would be shocked if it was prevalent. You can be overweight and be in good shape and not have type two. My assumption, which is all it is, that it’s not prevalent 

I agree it’s not prevalent, I just don’t think that being 300 pounds is ever “healthy”. They are very strong guys, and better athletes than me, but there’s a reason most offensive linemen lose a ton of weigh in retirement. It isn’t healthy to maintain, and they’re intentionally gaining weight to be lineman throughout their football careers. 

The risks on Mitchell aren't really crazy risks in round 2. I know it's only 1 pick back, but it makes a difference in these people's minds. 

Mitchell is what I would do, but kind of think they will take Franklin or DeJean. 

I do not have a problem with going Newton or DeJean and then trying to move 60 around. to get a receiver. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo4Life01 said:

Explain how the Chiefs don't get a WR at 32? The Bills clearly didnt want Worthy. They extorted a pick out of the Chiefs for the privilege of moving up for him.

If the Bills dont trade and take a WR, the chiefs get Worthy.

If the Bills dont trade and take a CB, the chiefs get Worthy.

If the Bills trade with another team and that team takes Worthy - Chiefs pick one of the other WR options at 32

The chiefs dont have a great history of picking WRs either so some people nominating this guy Hill 2.0 is crazy. I remember when Skye Moore was selected this place was annoyed as well.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

For so many years people complained that Buddy Nix/Whaley never traded back and everyone wanted us to be like New England and trade back until you find value and stockpile picks. Beane is doing it and everyone seems upset. 

I liked but did not love Worthy. The majority of Bills fans thought he was a small, one trick pony who would get pushed around...but now that he was drafted by the Chiefs he is Tyreek Hill. If we took Worthy at 28 there would still be a ton of people complaining. 

The trading with KC thing is a little annoying, but at the end of the day, not taking the deal does not prevent KC from getting their guy. I think you have to be open to dealing with ALL teams, no matter who they are.

If KC would have traded up for Ricky Pearsall people who have said the Chiefs were playing 3D chess and we were playing checkers. If we took Pearsall there would be rioting in the streets. 

The 5th year option stuff is mostly inconsequential to me. If the player is good by year 3 they get extended anyway. The 5th year option can be a detriment at times, especially later in the round and especially if you are picking someone you do not have a first round grade on. 

Beane is collecting ammunition to move around the board tonight and if he doesn't believe in the players that were there then trading back makes 100% sense. 

Whoever he takes tonight, people will complain. If he takes Franklin it's gonna be "well he could have had Pearsalll or Worthy or Mitchell or Coleman." If he takes Mitchell it's gonna be "well he has diabetes and they should have just taking Worthy to Franklin or whatever." 

I guess my point is, people will likely not be happy with whatever happens tonight, but I believe that Beane is doing the right thing here. I hope he picks the right players. 

I know its hard not to get emotional, but I just feel like it's a pointless venture. Let's wait and see.  

Who's everyone? This feels like a emotional response.

Just now, Westside said:

Who's everyone? This feels like a emotional response.

I guess it's a generalization, but it seems like there are a bunch of people upset. I just think it's funny that we are always wrong!

I think we will be fine. 

• Like (+1) 2

LOVE, absolutely LOVE what Beane did. These are overhyped WR's. Goos? Yes, some will pan out for sure but it's no guarantee. At pick #28 we were stuck. Moving up would have cost us. Staying pat and taking a mediocre WR as the "good" ones were alreday gone was not an option. The two best Edge rushers were gone.

I like the hot rumour: This years second and next years second for Ayouk. Beane didn't gallop second round picks for nothing boys.... it's coming.

If it doesn't....(and it will though) we fill lot's of holes with good players.

But you wait and watch... SF/Buffalo trade for Ayouk. Two second round picks. BINGO!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1