Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, Beck Water said:

I bet Josh Allen could mystify him easily  (seriously for those who don't remember, Josh Allen learned to do card and other magic tricks in college)

Great. Something else he concentrates on rather than football.

/s

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Kirk has always played the business part of the game. He can't cry when his team does the same.

Dude has what another 100 mill guaranteed from Atlanta? I'm sure he'll be fine in St. Tropez 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Bigger point is, they didn't clue Cousins in at all.  I mean, not that they had to.  How much of his contract is guaranteed, anyway?

No idea. 

Remember Mahomes sat for a year. This kid will sit while Cousins plays (assuming he can post Achilles tear)

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Is it the Chop Maybin comp? I've never watched Robinson play. He's obviously physically talented. But is he a guy who just sucks at football? What's the deal?

People should watch a bit of him.  Phenomenal speed and quickness, but raw.  He did create a lot of disruption against some top level opponents including Ohio State and Michigan.  There is some risk with him, but he is an exceptional athlete for a DE.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I mean, it’s bizarre.

I am a big proponent of taking a QB if you think he’s the guy when you can, especially with an older starter, but why sign Kirk at all with this pick?

they’d rather have him sit and learn under Cousins than Heinecke?  I dunno

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Kirk has always played the business part of the game. He can't cry when his team does the same.

but this was just a bizarre move not a shrewd business move

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, The Wiz said:

@RiotAct Thank you for letting me know someone else got it and was old enough to get it.

I’ve only actually played one game from that series all the way through so far, I need to change that

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m guessing that this is where Byron Murphy might come off the board, if not, then maybe 18 to Bengals or 19 to Rams.  I think he’s gonna be a beast 

Cincy and Rams make alot of sense, for DL picks.

Value will certainly be there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

People should watch a bit of him.  Phenomenal speed and quickness, but raw.  He did create a lot of disruption against some top level opponents including Ohio State and Michigan.  There is some risk with him, but he is an exceptional athlete for a DE.

He's not a finisher