Spotting a Bills fan during travel

2 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

If i dont feel like talking to anyone, ill take sure i wont have a Bills hat or shirt because at least one person will want to talk to you

I agree. The guy I said that to in Tampa reacted in a disinterested way as if he didn't know why I said that to him. 

OTOH, in San Juan , there was a lady on the phone who did a double take at my shirt, told the person at the other end to hold on cos she spotted a Bills fan, come over to me and said "Go Bills". (Yet another case where I wished I was 30 years younger and unmarried. But I digress)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I was in cancun a few weeks ago. Met two Bills fans. They both respnded with, "go Bills!"

Then again, I was born and raised in Southern California, and I've never even been to Buffalo. We are everywhere. 

• Agree 1

Went to Masters couple weeks ago with a buddy who scored practice round tix. Two of us in our party wearing Bills Hats. Our other two friends from MN/GA were astounded at the number of “Go Bills”

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Happens all the time to me. 

Saw 2 guys wearing Bills hats and Yankees jerseys at the Guardians game last week.

Saw two in London, two in Milan, and even a guy wearing a Josh Allen jersey in San Marino ( an independent city state inside of Italy - not Dan Marino's house).

Go Bills and fist pump is usually all I do 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, amprov56 said:

During the Fall of the 1990 Gulf War, I was working along the Saudi Arabia Kuwait border, out in the middle of nowhere was a small store at the Port of Entry between the two countries that had cold drinks. Stopping in one day, I had a small Bills patch and I heard in somewhat accented English "Go Bills." The owner of the store, a Saudi businessman stopped in to check up on things and we both initially started laughing and talking football. He attended UB and loved the Bills, Buffalo, and Mighty Taco on Hertel avenue. One of the more interesting and bizarre Bills Fans encounters since I left Buffalo January 1980.

Close the thread. We have a winner. 👍🏻

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kevbeau said:

Went to Masters couple weeks ago with a buddy who scored practice round tix. Two of us in our party wearing Bills Hats. Our other two friends from MN/GA were astounded at the number of “Go Bills”

The PGA Championship at Oak Hill last year looked like a Bills home game.  It was wild 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Always start with a Go Bills and see where it goes.  If a conversation starts with a woman, you know there’s a solid chance with her, she’s already used to being optimistic and then disappointed 13 seconds later.

Not to mention she's probably not looking for a ring.

My only story is from Malta. There was a car show there that had a guy with a bills hat who speaks only Maltese and I speak only English ((with a few words of German)..  After much translation by many people, we eventually figured out that this  guys brother-in-law had been to NY on a business trip and all he got was this stinking hat! He had never heard Buffalo, either the city or the tam.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

I've run into a lot of Bills fan when I've been traveling. I went to the fall Nascar race in Charlotte in 2017 with my dad. He lives in Holley and there were people from Brockport there for a wedding staying in the same hotel. They said something to me about the Bills shirt I had on in the lobby. Somebody yelled "Go Bills" while we were walking to our seats at the race. I went to Cape Cod and Boston a few years ago. I talked to a guy on a whale watching trip who was originally from East Aurora. Unfortunately he was a Patriots fan because he'd lived in Boston for so long. I talked to a girl from Holland waiting for the train and was approached by a couple outside of Quincy Market who were from Youngstown on that trip as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

My kids don't get the way Bills fans can be but we went to a Orlando Solar Bears hockey game and I was wearing my Sabres Jersey and I got dozens of "Go Buffalo" and when in line one guy all but hugged me as we discussed Sabres and Bills. Both kids asked after how I knew him, and I of course had no idea who he was. I also gave high fives to at least 5 other guys who I did know either. Our friends in Lightning jerseys did not have similar experiences.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Always get/give the “Go Bills”. Never ask about TBD… don’t want to spoil the interaction in case it’s someone that has me on “ignore”. 😂

Edit: Maybe instead of “Go Bills” I’ll start responding with “high level meetings”, “F5”, “Luke Russert’s mom”, “what kind of car do you drive”, “ground up and in the freezer”, or “deers” just to test the waters. 🤔🤣

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have quite a few I’ve shared on here. At one of the falls in Yosemite I see a guy in a bills hat I say go bills. He pulls out a flag and we take a pic. 

Pull up to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone and a van parks next to me all rocking bills gear. They were from op. 

random wal mart in middle of New Mexico was a guy from Lockport or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve said it before, but after almost 20 years in New Zealand I have still yet to find a Bills fan. 
That said… when it does happen, that poor bastard better not mind a man-hug, and maybe even a peck on the cheek!

I was doing some contract work at a Wendy's out in New Mexico or Arizona, and in the managers office of the store was a weekly memo the district manager sends out to all stores, promotions, new food items, etc.  At the bottom was a short paragraph about Ralph Wilson's passing.  I asked one of the employees about it, and they told me the DM is a Bills fan and is always putting some note about the Bills in their weekly memos.  

When  we go on a cruise I always wear Bills apparel. Last  January we were in a large crowd at one of the many bars cheering the Bills over the Dolphins.  There were many more Bills fans than fans of the Fish.  High fives  and several beverages celebrated that win.  And we saw many of those peeps through out the week.  And yes I would tell my new 'friends'  about TBD. 

Go Bills and reply with Go Bills is the standard.

I get caught off guard all the time because i wear a jacket with a bills logo on it when I travel, always nice to get it in tourist spots. 

Anytime someone wants to start a convo they just ask where im from or maybe have a little chat about the team. Thats it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Me and the wife cruise a few times a year - you can't believe how many Bills fans there are, just need to throw on the Bills attire and we come out of the woodwork. Watched the last 2 drafts on the Mardi Gras, 31 other team fans huddled in a bar ridiculing each other - best time ever... in retrospect Jets and Cowgiirl fans take the brunt of it and rightly so...

Went to a Dirty Loops concert recently a dude came from across the room because i had my Bills hat on said he saw me & just had to come over and say GO BILLS !! Gotta love the camaraderie of the Bills Mafia !! 

GO BILLS !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Just "Go Bills" for me.  My Dad absolutely loves seeing Bills fans when he travels.  Every time he travels and I talk to him there's always a story how he saw a Bills fan at the airport etc. and he still gets such a kick out of it.

I was just outside (in NC) and a young couple that just moved into our neighborhood walked by and stopped bc I have a small Bills flag in my yard "You a Bills fan?" - they both grew up in Buffalo area  (also told story the person they bought the house from was a Jets fan and one bedroom was painted entirely in Jets green - the first thing they painted lol)