Odd mock draft

Whkfc

1 minute ago, Whkfc said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-giants-vikings-take-quarterback-in-first-round-bills-pick-wr-after-stefon-diggs-trade/

Am I crazy or does nobody take Odunze in the mock from CBS. Do they not have proofreaders or is there something I missed.

That's bonkers. Of course Odunze is going in round one.

I don't mind that they have us taking Ladd at 28. But I do have a problem seeing Latu going 1 pick ahead of us. As far as instant impact player, IDK if I cannot jump on that chance having to only go up 1 or 2 spots

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ha. We have all done it. In my first draft of version 2.0 of mine I got to the end and realised I'd missed Fashanu. 

Luckily what I do now is just try and write out the team to player matches and then only once I am settled I have a 32 that works and is logical do I start writing up explanations. Because from bitter experience if you miss a guy who should got top 15 suddenly youbare rewriting half your draft because it can affect 6 or 7 picks.

2 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Do you think maybe all NFL teams will forget about him till pick 28.

Used to happen in the old days apparently when the teams would sit around in the room and pick. Pre-tech. Teams would forget a guy was still there sometimes just presuming he was gone and suddenly a round later he'd be picked. 

• Like (+1) 1

What is journalism anymore anyways. Lazy and unprofessional. You get fired at any other job for that type of mishap. 

This is not serious, kind of tongue in cheek, but this is a bad look. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

Actually has a good mock. Only thing is Latu... Beane will jump up to 20 to get him. Fingers crossed!

Oduzne is trouble. We just dumped Diggs now another in Odunze? No thanks. They call him O'dunse for a reason.

If he doesn't miss Odunze, the pick he has for the Bills could definitely get changed.  Maybe Odunze goes to Cincinnati at #18 and Brian Thomas is freed up for Buffalo.

Edited by BigAl2526

A guy on OBL made a really cool what if scenario....

What if BB traded 2025 1st/2nd and 3rd to get to 4 with AZ. (we keep 28) AZ. would still have a 1st rd. pick later.

What if BB then traded back ... probably twice, ( to 8-12 then maybe 12 to 20)) getting an extra 2nd and 3rd for this year and next.

Gives us 2 1sts 2 2nds and a 3rd.  not to mention regaining 2 for 25.  

8 hours ago, nosejob said:

What if BB traded 2025 1st/2nd and 3rd to get to 4 with AZ. (we keep 28) AZ. would still have a 1st rd. pick later.

What if BB then traded back ... probably twice, ( to 8-12 then maybe 12 to 20)) getting an extra 2nd and 3rd for this year and next.

Can you elaborate on/clarify the initial trade up to 4 that does NOT include 28? Is the cost only 2025 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks? To get to #4? The future picks value doesn't even come close. Maybe I'm missing info. 

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Ladd McConkey will be a bust,  hard pass

Love to hear an outlier opinion like this -- can you say more?

Edited by Richard Noggin

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Can you elaborate on/clarify the initial trade up to 4 that does NOT include 28? Is the cost only 2025 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks? To get to #4? The future picks value doesn't even come close. Maybe I'm missing info. 

Love to hear an outlier opinion like this -- can you say more?

I'm just going on what a caller proposed. I suppose 28 for 35 could also be in the mix, but the point being....buying a premium pick while turning it into more picks in the 1st 100 for this year while recouping a 2nd and 3rd for next year...if need be.  All for the actual cost of a 25-32 pick next year.

I've seen other mistakes over the years in mock draft, sometimes in mocks produced by corporations like CBS.  I've seen single players mocked to two different teams for instance.  People don't self-check any more.

On 4/8/2024 at 5:06 PM, nosejob said:

Really stupid scenario is what you mean, zero chance in hell AZ would trade this years 4th overall pick for a late first rounder NEXT year.