Beane Press Conference 4pm

Process

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I'm pretty happy with a 2nd tbh

Me too, he had to go,

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Im not listening. Was it more of a "we let Josh know beforehand" or "Josh signed off on it" before hand?

He said they talk regularly with Josh, and he let Josh know a Diggs trade wasn’t 100% off the table. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not going to start retroactively hating diggs and saying he's not great lol

If you're actually forcefully shopping somebody you're never getting your actual return that you deserve

This hasn't nothing about if people view him as a number one or not if you're getting rid of him

Randy Moss went for a fourth not because that's what the league viewed his talent as

Diggs was easily still one of the best wide receivers in the AFC combined with his connection with Josh made him even better

He's one of the best receivers in the last 30 years to put on a bills uniform you guys are crazy if you're going to crap on him on the way out

When he never said anything bad about Buffalo or the bills while here

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Beane took the classy high road and had prepared answers, but MAN the way he carefully worded some of his responses were telling. 

He is a good PR guy.  I could feel the wheels in his turning to answer this the best he can without throwing Diggs under the bus.

Deep inside his brain, he was probably saying "I couldn't F****** wait to get rid of this mother******"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

"Would've liked something this year,but the best I could get was a pick next year" tells me all I need to know. This has been in the wirks for a while,and there was not a great market for Diggs

I also got the sense that Diggs was pushing for a trade

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I'm pretty happy with a 2nd tbh

You're happy we lost Diggs and a 6th this year to move up to the 2nd next year from the 5th? I get we had to purge salary but feels like too much to me.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

You're happy we lost Diggs and a 6th this year to move up to the 2nd next year from the 5th? I get we had to purge salary but feels like too much to me.

Look at what guys like Keenan Allen, Amare Cooper etc went for. It's a fine return. Preferably we wouldn't have traded him to an AFC contender, but if they made the best offer it is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is a good PR guy.  I could feel the wheels in his turning to answer this the best he can without throwing Diggs under the bus.

Deep inside his brain, he was probably saying "I couldn't F****** wait to get rid of this mother******"

I 10000% agree.

A Beane After Dark press conference would have sounded like a late 90’s Stone Cold promo. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

It’s very telling about our offense that Diggs wanted out. Feels like we were going to get a 1st round receiver and he didn’t like losing his target share

It says way more about Diggs that we were willing to eat S30M in dead cap. That says a lot about how they viewed his abilities at this stage and how badly they wanted him gone. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

It’s very telling about our offense that Diggs wanted out. Feels like we were going to get a 1st round receiver and he didn’t like losing his target share

He was already losing his target share during the last seven games of last season, now he is the #3 guy for Houston, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Thats good value for a 31 year old declining player.  Dallas got much less for cooper and chargers got less for Allen.  

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

He was already losing his target share during the last seven games of last season, now he is the #3 guy for Houston, 

He’s above Dell so he’s the 2, honestly probably closer to a 1B to Collins 1A 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Beane isn't finished building the WR room by a long shot.

I think he'll see how he does in the draft but if he doesn't get a number 1 (or a guy with that potential) remember:

The 2024 trade deadline is set to be on November 5. Lots of time to make a move down the road.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think Josh knew for awhile. I go back to his interview a couple weeks ago and he talked about current Bills WRs and didn’t mention Diggs.

I'm sure he did, I am confused as to why Beane feels the need to cover for him in this situation

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

54 million in dead money this year, nice job Brandon.

I don't think that's accurate by a long shot. Or, if it is, you have to look at NET difference which is we take on an extra 3 million but clear like 27 million next year.

With a stud in the draft, I'll do that any day.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

He’s above Dell so he’s the 2, honestly probably closer to a 1B to Collins 1A 

if so not for long, sadly for Diggs he has become injury prone over the last couple of seasons, and disappears in the post season, that’s not what one wants as a “ 1b” receiver,  he will be a slot type of guy for one or two seasons then get likely gets waived/cut. Age is a SOB when you’re a pro athlete. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Don Otreply said:

if so not for long, sadly for Diggs he has become injury prone over the last couple of seasons, and disappears in the post season, that’s not what one wants as a “ 1b” receiver,  he will be a slot type of guy for one or two seasons then get likely gets waived/cut. Age is a SOB when you’re a pro athlete. 

Oh I definitely agree with that. He certainly could be supplanted by the end of the year. I just don’t think the Texans are ready to make Dell the definitive #2 yet, especially coming off his injury 

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Hell yeah I am.   When Von gets about 4 sacks next year, enjoy the 60 million we spent on 12.5 sacks in 3 years.  

Von is an albatross, any anyone with half a brain knew that would be the case they day they acquired him

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

The 2nd next year was the best offer any team in the league was going to offer, Diggs is not viewed as a #1 by anyone outside of a bunch of stubborn Bills fans, 

I think the rest of the League knew they were dealing with a motivated seller … but I agree that his play declined over the course of last year …and he is not the player he once was … in hindsight they should have been trying to trade him 12 months ago …

That contract extension Diggs got is going to go on Beane’s Bad List with Star, Benjamin and a couple of infamous Round 2 draft picks 

Edited by Aussie Joe

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You’re gonna be that guy? 

There are MANY posters who haven't a clue how a major professional sports team is run.

NO.  CLUE.  

Again, there should be a mandatory aptitude test for posting on this site.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Beane again very clearly stated that if at 28 the first round graded WR's on their board are gone, they will take another position and take talent over reaching and look at the 2nd to potentially add a WR.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2