Bills have private workout scheduled with WR Troy Franklin

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ideally we manage to pull Thomas Jr / Legette / AD Mitchell in the 1st.  Then if we still have pick 60, move up for him 

Lol...I can pretty much guarantee that we are not taking a WR in the first and then trading up from 60 to get another.  You do realize we just signed Samuel for 3 years right?  

Unless this all about your crusade to trade Diggs before the draft...also something not happening.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Normally I am all about trading down and accruing more capital.  This year I thought when they got a 4th instead of a 3rd that I would certainly again love the idea.

The reality though is it gets a little dangerous.  The first real trade partner that could give a 3rd back would be Wash at 36 and the pick would be #100.  That puts Baltimore, KC, Carolina, and NE/Arizona (depending on who picks MHJ) that could potentially all draft a wr.  Missing out on guys just for pick 100 doesn't seem worth it.  Moving back to 40 with Wash means also getting 78 but giving up a 5th rounder (no big deal) but also adding the Chargers and Tenn who could also grab a wr.  

Basically the cupboard could go from full to bare real quick.

I think the best option is to hang tight and grab their favorite WR at 28.  Although I think they are eyeing Coleman as he is a Kelvin Benjamin comp and I just have that feeling.  I prefer others but am bracing for it lol.

I don't think Beane would do a significant trade back and can see him including another one of our Day 3 picks to try and get the 3rd rounder without moving back too far.

There are days I feel like Beane is gonna be aggressive and go get someone like Thomas (or Odunze if he falls far enough between a QB run and something insane like Worthy going ahead of him) in the late teens to early 20's...then moments I see him staying put at 28...and then other moments where a small trade back comes into play.  

This far out its hard to get a good read on the situation, but all 3 are equally viable options as we sit here today.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, glazeduck said:

I think A- Antonio Brown (seems quite a bit more mentally stable, however 😀) fits pretty well.

I only read the first page of this thread.  Went to YouTube and watched a Franklin highlight reel, and I came here to post that he reminds me so much of Antonio Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

He was sick (as in unhealthy) at the combine which led to his bad performance. At his pro day he was back up 8 pounds, to 186. He has height and speed and if the bills think he’s worth #28 I’m in.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I've been saying right along that I like Cooper DeJean and if he somehow fell to the Bills I'm ok with taking him at 28.

Then Joel Klatt posted his updated mock and has DeJean falling to us and the Bills selecting him at 28... and then closes the round with the Chiefs taking Troy Franklin at 32.

I had such an instinctual reaction of disgust from actually hearing it that I think it's changed my mind. Gimme Franklin at 28.

I'm also concerned the Chiefs jump us once again and nab the WR we want, so I hope Beane is ready to move.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I'm 5'9 and have bigger hands than Troy Franklin (9 inch span versus 8 5/8).

Has he had drop problems in college though? If he has, that would be a big red flag with how hard Josh throws

12 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I see Justin Jefferson-like skills in those clips.

Pickens dropped because of character concerns not separation ability.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/george-pickens/32005049-4357-6156-653f-e3c2b6d1b9bc

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/05/scouting-report-the-pros-and-cons-of-wr-george-pickens/

There were character concerns too 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I've been saying right along that I like Cooper DeJean and if he somehow fell to the Bills I'm ok with taking him at 28.

Then Joel Klatt posted his updated mock and has DeJean falling to us and the Bills selecting him at 28... and then closes the round with the Chiefs taking Troy Franklin at 32.

I had such an instinctual reaction of disgust from actually hearing it that I think it's changed my mind. Gimme Franklin at 28.

I'm also concerned the Chiefs jump us once again and nab the WR we want, so I hope Beane is ready to move.

There really is no excuse not to take a WR with our 1st pick. I'll be viscerally angry if Beane flubs it. I don't even mind if KC jumps us. There will be multiple 1st round WR talents available at #28.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol...I can pretty much guarantee that we are not taking a WR in the first and then trading up from 60 to get another.  You do realize we just signed Samuel for 3 years right?  

Unless this all about your crusade to trade Diggs before the draft...also something not happening.  

I wish we would. Lock up our #1 and #2 WR’s for the future near entire prime of Josh’s career. Especially when a mid second round WR this draft would likely go much higher in future years.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I only read the first page of this thread.  Went to YouTube and watched a Franklin highlight reel, and I came here to post that he reminds me so much of Antonio Brown.

Everyone’s highlights are good.

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

There really is no excuse not to take a WR with our 1st pick. I'll be viscerally angry if Beane flubs it. I don't even mind if KC jumps us. There will be multiple 1st round WR talents available at #28.

There is one great excuse/reason.  If a player they have rated much higher than the highest rated WR falls to them, it’s a valid excuse, especially if that player is a pass rusher.  There’s a chance that 5,6,7 WRs are off the board when we pick.  If Thomas goes in the teens and Mitchell shortly after, teams could be more apt to trade up ahead of us because everyone knows we’re targeting WR.  

If we select Keon Coleman over Latu, I’d have to question whether or not Beane has a clue.  If we took Legette or Franklin over Latu, I wouldn’t be furious but I’d think that they bypassed the better player at another position of need.  

The excuse/reason is really only valid if players we had rated very high, fall further than expected.  Lots can depend on how the draft falls. 

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

The combine is a colossal waste of time and an unnecessary injury risk, IMO. 

I know, these guys could really hurt themselves running 40 yards or jumping high in the air in a climate-controlled environment.

Aye carumba

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There is one great excuse/reason.  If a player they have rated much higher than the highest rated WR falls to them, it’s a valid excuse, especially if that player is a pass rusher.  There’s a chance that 5,6,7 WRs are off the board when we pick.  If Thomas goes in the teens and Mitchell shortly after, teams could be more apt to trade up ahead of us because everyone knows we’re targeting WR.  

If we select Keon Coleman over Latu, I’d have to question whether or not Beane has a clue.  If we took Legette or Franklin over Latu, I wouldn’t be furious but I’d think that they bypassed the better player at another position of need.  

The excuse/reason is really only valid if players we had rated very high, fall further than expected.  Lots can depend on how the draft falls. 

If the best player remaining on his board isn't a WR, Beane should trade down. Even Latu. I doubt he'll still be there but if he is, some team will want to jump up to get him. Trade back and then select a WR.

NO excuse. Enough is enough. They have to make a serious investment at the position. We have one WR on the roster capable of playing outside full time and nobody with future #1 upside when Diggs inevitably leaves next year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If the best player remaining on his board isn't a WR, Beane should trade down. Even Latu. I doubt he'll still be there but if he is, some team will want to jump up to get him. Trade back and then select a WR.

NO excuse. Enough is enough. They have to make a serious investment at the position. We have one WR on the roster capable of playing outside full time and nobody with future #1 upside when Diggs inevitably leaves next year.

I don’t think passing on a possibly elite talent at a premier position (which happens to be a huge need) so we can draft a 2nd rd talent WR is wise.  

We likely won’t have to worry about this though.  Latu should be gone.  But that’s the exception imo.  

On 3/18/2024 at 4:04 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Anquan Boldin, George Pickens dropped in the draft because of the "can't separate" crap. Coleman makes plays!! He "Moss" DBs. He returns punts. Played at Mich. St, cold climate. Think Drake London who went top 10 in the draft last year. Or Courtland Sutton. I'm good with Keon. 

So what has Drake London done? We need Wrs that make Josh better not the other way around 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of the newer mock drafts have WRs being pushed down with teams snatching up corners, OL and DL guys and overdrafting QBs. That could be a good sign. 

I agree with you. I wasn't there last year, but I am there now. Just keep adding offensive weapons, specifically WR. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree with you. I wasn't there last year, but I am there now. Just keep adding offensive weapons, specifically WR. 

Same. I am all about BPA most years. This year with the strength of the class they have to do whatever it takes to make sure BPA is a WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A lot of the newer mock drafts have WRs being pushed down with teams snatching up corners, OL and DL guys and overdrafting QBs. That could be a good sign. 

There was a lot of hype around the receipt class and it looks very good, but it may have been over-hyped a bit.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

So what has Drake London done?

For real? In his first two seasons he's racked up nearly 1,800 receiving yards with absolute garbage throwing him the ball. In our offense that's a 1,000+ yard WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 3/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, Chicken Boo said:

That's not accurate.  Watch this in its entirety and tell me which route you don't see.

His legs look like tooth picks! Route running looks good though.

I don't know if the Bills would be thinking about Franklin at pick 28. Most pundits and scouts don't have him as a first round player more of a mid-second round talent. But if the Bills are looking to trade down from 28 and they pick in the late 30's early 40's or if Franklin slips down a bit in round 2 they could be looking at a trade up from pick 60. 

I like Franklin as a prospect, he can add some nice boundary WR play and long term develop into a quality WR. If the Bills can pick up a 3rd round pick (plus a mid-rounder in 2025) and trade down to the 36-42 range and get him that would really be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even though we have 11 picks already, I don’t hate a trade down into the early/mid 2nd. Thats the territory for the worthy’s, Legette, McConkeys and Franklin’s. Not sure why a team would be trading up to 28? Maybe a qb the that 5th year option. With 12+ total picks, that would also give us ammunition to trade up in the 2nd and 3rd to grab players.

say something like this, with trades 

38 legette

55 sweat (that big DT)

70 a safety like kitchen

Edited by Turbo44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's the ankle socks.   Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Issac Bruce, etc. were all slim/lean guys.

That definitely adds to it. But those early season highlights really stood out, as it looked like he was wearing this oversized helmet vs those super skinny legs.

Also looks like he gained weight over the season. Maybe it's in my head, but by the end of the video he looked like he filled out quite a bit.