Justin Simmons released πŸ‘€

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Beane it's time to get this done.

3 years 28 million, incentives worth up to 36 millionΒ 

Β 

I'd love to sign him too, but is this where the money is coming from??

Β 

618f40af05652a6be107d4ba60f7b39c.gif

• Like (+1) 2

I think Simmons and Rapp will be better than what Hyde and Poyer gave the Bills the last two years.

Β 

Simmons should be an easy signing here.

Β 

But who knows what McBeane are up to with the safety spot.

I can’t remember the interviewed person I heard but the person talking said that Safety is the new Running Back…at least for now, as far as being position teams don’t want to spend money on.

Β 

The reason given is that teams are employing two high more and more and that basically requires just don’t get beat deep. Teams feel they can basically plug in any player that has decent speed and they will be fine.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

SS will be this year’s MLB, where the coaches have a guy they love but the fans don’t see it.Β 

100%. Β I dont see them going to too small. Β Do they go slot/ box or more deep saftey style. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

I think Simmons and Rapp will be better than what Hyde and Poyer gave the Bills the last two years.

Β 

Simmons should be an easy signing here.

Β 

But who knows what McBeane are up to with the safety spot.

Β 

Simmons is one of the best safeties in the NFL.Β  Everyone would love him, but I just can't see Beane giving out that kind of contract.

The whole reason they cut Jordan Poyer was to get younger and cheaper.Β  He's only 2 years younger and would definitely be more expensive.

Β 

I'm starting to get the same vibes about the Free Safety position as the Bills gave last year about Middle Linebacker.

We passed on everyone in Free Agency.Β  Waited until the 3rd Round of the Draft.Β  Everyone was in total panic mode going into the season.

Then Terrell Bernard played like a superstar and Tyrell Dodson was a solid backup.

Β 

Don't forget.Β  This regime found Poyer and Micah Hyde in the bargain bin.Β  Both were backups on their previous teams.

I think it's fair to question how well this team knows some positions (O-Line, D-Line, Wide Receiver), because they don't necessarily have the best track record of finding untapped talent and developing it.Β  But it's the complete opposite in the secondary.Β  This team has a fantastic track record at both cornerback and safety.Β Β 

Β 

I also think people are totally sleeping on Damar Hamlin.Β  He did a great job filling in for Hyde during the 2022 season.Β 

There was a lot that went into him being inactive most weeks.Β  He was less than 12 months from a horrific physical trauma that devastated his body.Β  Thanks to Taylor Rapp, the Bills really didn't need him.Β  With another offseason to rehab and train, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets back to his previous form.

Β 

24 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Β 

Simmons is one of the best safeties in the NFL.Β  Everyone would love him, but I just can't see Beane giving out that kind of contract.

The whole reason they cut Jordan Poyer was to get younger and cheaper.Β  He's only 2 years younger and would definitely be more expensive.

Β 

I'm starting to get the same vibes about the Free Safety position as the Bills gave last year about Middle Linebacker.

We passed on everyone in Free Agency.Β  Waited until the 3rd Round of the Draft.Β  Everyone was in total panic mode going into the season.

Then Terrell Bernard played like a superstar and Tyrell Dodson was a solid backup.

Β 

Don't forget.Β  This regime found Poyer and Micah Hyde in the bargain bin.Β  Both were backups on their previous teams.

I think it's fair to question how well this team knows some positions (O-Line, D-Line, Wide Receiver), because they don't necessarily have the best track record of finding untapped talent and developing it.Β  But it's the complete opposite in the secondary.Β  This team has a fantastic track record at both cornerback and safety.Β Β 

Β 

I also think people are totally sleeping on Damar Hamlin.Β  He did a great job filling in for Hyde during the 2022 season.Β 

There was a lot that went into him being inactive most weeks.Β  He was less than 12 months from a horrific physical trauma that devastated his body.Β  Thanks to Taylor Rapp, the Bills really didn't need him.Β  With another offseason to rehab and train, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets back to his previous form.

Β 

Hamlin didn’t do a great job. Come on.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I also think people are totally sleeping on Damar Hamlin.

We would all love to eat crow on this one. But even before his injury he wasn't the heir apparent to any starter. Even now with both starting safeties gone, he's backup at best. Last season really popped the balloon of expectations. He was a liability in special teams. I hope that he can move past the "I'm so grateful get to play football phase" and regain the I want to win football desire.Β 

2 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I'm not saying I disagree w all of your bottom line, but the whole reason we are moving on from Hyde/ Poyer is not just to get younger.Β 

Β 

It's because these guy's play has drastically declined and they make too much money for the production.Β 

Β 

BTW thought Poyer was a gem find, but Hyde was already a Pro Bowl level player when we got him.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

SS will be this year’s MLB, where the coaches have a guy they love but the fans don’t see it.Β 

This is what I think too, this organization has developed players that fit the system and they need to continue to tap into that.Β  Random Joes on the internet board just look at stats, pro bowls and generally name recognition and get more excited the bigger the name.Β  The key is what a guy can do in the future, not what he did in the past.Β  And in the NFL that is often guys who are hungry and willing to do whatever the coaches ask.

Edited by Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Β 

Living in CO, I see all of the Broncos games. Simmons isn't what he was 3 years ago. But he's still really good. Kind of what Poyer was in his Bills' prime. He would be a fantastic addition to this D, and would fit in well with where the Bills are in the competitive cycle (i.e., ready to win now). I can't think of any better FA signing.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Living in CO, I see all of the Broncos games. Simmons isn't what he was 3 years ago. But he's still really good. Kind of what Poyer was in his Bills' prime. He would be a fantastic addition to this D, and would fit in well with where the Bills are in the competitive cycle (i.e., ready to win now). I can't think of any better FA signing.

1 year at $5m would be a fit for us … not sure he would agreeΒ 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Aussie Joe