Poyer released

beebe

Ugh, Tre and Poyer on the same day! 

Jordan, if you don't end up coming back - thank you dearly for everything you did for the Bills and the WNY community. You were half of the greatest safety duo in Bills history, a consummate teammate and brilliant player. We will miss having you out there on game days - all the best to you and your family if you are indeed movin' on. 

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I hope Poyer sees how loved he is by this fanbase on social media. 

The outpouring of emotion towards his time here is very evident. 

Bored Paul Rudd GIF 

He's fine.  This move probably needed to happen 2 off seasons ago if we're being honest.

I'm not going to wax poetic about the defensive backs from a team that got passed to death in the playoffs how many years in a row now?  

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Bored Paul Rudd GIF 

He's fine.  This move probably needed to happen 2 off seasons ago if we're being honest.

I don’t disagree, but I’m talking about the human being he is, not the player .. although what he did for the KC game when he couldn’t fly is stuff of legends. 

What a great Bill. Thanks Jordan. 

Obviously he lost a step and Father Time is undefeated, and salary cap made it obvious, but a tough leadership loss, and I hope he always considers himself a Bill no matter where he finishes his career. 

One play I will never forget.  I was watching the game in a bar with multiple games on.  The game on tv next to Bills was idle so fan in table next to mine was watching Bills.  Bills did one of their player swaps freeing players to blitz and Po was replacing a DT freeing lineman.  Fan next to me said "that is crazy" and I said watch.  Two players blitzed on right and while offense accounted for blitzers Po pushed the offense lineman into backfield with "who the F are you look on his face.  This destroyed protection in backfield and QB was destroyed.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I bet Poyer comes back on a 1 year $3m deal.  Seems like type of dude who’s too proud to take a paycut and I respect that.  Same thing happened last year but he was a free agent.  This year Beane did him favor cutting him before free agency so he can shop his services but if he doesn’t retire I bet he ends up back in Buffalo.  Could see same for Tre if he doesnt retire.  

• Agree 1

On 3/7/2024 at 3:55 AM, Gunsgoodtime said:

Football friends/relatives are getting their last 15 minutes of fame by association till its a non-story.

Dumb arse, if he wants his brother to get another shot in the NFL this won't help at all.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

On 3/7/2024 at 3:55 AM, Gunsgoodtime said:

Close relative salty his bro got the axe while the Bills re-upped a safety who isn't fit to carry Po's jock when he was "All Pro Po".  Alert the media.

Extra salty when the reported contract was 3 year $14.5M.  Now that we know it's basically 1 year, $3.7M with an option to keep him (which is less than half the contract guarantees Po got last year), "extra salt" should decline to "lightly salty".  

Poyer wanted to retire a Bill, but there's a point at which the GM just can't "keep the band together" and remain competitive.

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I bet Poyer comes back on a 1 year $3m deal.  Seems like type of dude who’s too proud to take a paycut and I respect that.  Same thing happened last year but he was a free agent.  This year Beane did him favor cutting him before free agency so he can shop his services but if he doesn’t retire I bet he ends up back in Buffalo.  Could see same for Tre if he doesnt retire.  

No where but Buffalo does he have as much value.

41 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Close relative salty his bro got the axe while the Bills re-upped a safety who isn't fit to carry Po's jock when he was "All Pro Po".  Alert the media.

Extra salty when the reported contract was 3 year $14.5M.  Now that we know it's basically 1 year, $3.7M with an option to keep him (which is less than half the contract guarantees Po got last year), "extra salt" should decline to "lightly salty".  

Poyer wanted to retire a Bill, but there's a point at which the GM just can't "keep the band together" and remain competitive.

For real? That's great. I missed that. 

gave it his all, sacrificed family events, very good at his job, did the dirty work, many years of loyal service! He was laid off from my company last week after 25 yrs. Same happens everyday and nobody blinks

Edited by Since1981

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

gave it his all, sacrificed family events, very good at his job, did the dirty work, many years of loyal service! He was laid off from my company last week after 25 yrs. Same happens everyday and nobody blows nks

And those close to that person feel empathy for them.  Fans get close to players over the years and it's natural to feel empathy for them as well.

9 hours ago, Since1981 said:

gave it his all, sacrificed family events, very good at his job, did the dirty work, many years of loyal service! He was laid off from my company last week after 25 yrs. Same happens everyday and nobody blinks

Sure football is fun, but have you ever considered that life is meaningless and we all return to dust