Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

49 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He is "essential"!! No other player on the roster is as essential to Josh Allen's success as Stefon Diggs!! Nobody!! 

WAS. Was as essential. Josh Allen is developed. He doesn’t need the current Diggs. He needs a younger version.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

WAS. Was as essential. Josh Allen is developed. He doesn’t need the current Diggs. He needs a younger version.

He played well without Diggs being involved the back half of the season. If folks wanna argue that Diggs was a decoy, drawing all the attention and freeing up Kincaid/Shakir/Cook, then why do opposing teams make it a point after games to say that Diggs was hardly being doubled? I heard that more than once. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

For the love of god, how thin skinned are some of you? 

Yeah, Diggs is a drama llama and a bit of a ***** stirrer. I don't care. I don't remember him ever slagging off the team in public. The closest was his visible frustration on the sideline at how poor the game planning and execution for the offense was for the Bengals game which...same.

Remember when he posted a heart emoji, and then "Ready for Whatever" and people assumed he was trying to force his way off the team? Some people got an idea fixed in their head and are going to interpret all evidence to that end, regardless of context.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yeah, Diggs is a drama llama and a bit of a ***** stirrer. I don't care. I don't remember him ever slagging off the team in public. The closest was his visible frustration on the sideline at how poor the game planning and execution for the offense was for the Bengals game which...same.

Remember when he posted a heart emoji, and then "Ready for Whatever" and people assumed he was trying to force his way off the team? Some people got an idea fixed in their head and are going to interpret all evidence to that end, regardless of context.

The irony of some on here overreacting to Diggs tweets, calling him soft and a diva….because of his tweets 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, sven233 said:

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

I see it a different way. There was 1 move and 1 non move this off-season that may mean more than at first glance when it comes to the future of Diggs next season.

The Non Move:

Notice even with having very little cap space this year one thing they have NOT done is restructure Stef's contract again. Doing that could have opened about an extra $13M in space for this season while kicking the can down the road. Not doing it means they are keeping the money where it's at and giving them a year to prepare for him to be moved either by trade or release at less long term financial risk. Now, they "could" still restructure him if something pressing happens, but sitting at almost $8M below the cap and getting $10M from the Tre White release on June 2nd means they are pretty set.

The Move:

Thought this flew under the radar a bit. But when they restructured Josh's deal they did NOT do it for max value of what they could have done. I believe Beane left $7M on the table. This would be key as that's money that will not increase the cap for next year and would soften the blow of a couple of large dead cap hits (namely Stef and Von) if needed.

Right now, the Bills hold the cards on Stef's future in Buffalo. If he bounces back there's a chance that he may be here next year. But they have given themselves the flexibility to move on if what we saw on the back half of last year becomes the norm.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

The irony of some on here overreacting to Diggs tweets, calling him soft and a diva….because of his tweets 

responding to fans in such a manner that can be perceived as direct disrespect toward your QB is unwise....to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

responding to fans in such a manner that can be perceived as direct disrespect toward your QB is unwise....to say the least.

But again that’s your perception of what he is saying. You have made no mistake about it, you want him gone-that’s fine, that’s your opinion, don’t have a problem with it. But are you reading too much into it? 

I like Diggs, I think he’s a good teammate, i don’t really care what he says on Twitter, and I read it more as someone was taking a shot at him not being elite any more, not a shot at Josh. 

That’s where the line is though. For those of you who want him gone, you’re looking for those types of things and perceived slights. At least from my POV it doesn’t seem like the team or Josh are really taking anything he says on Twitter seriously 

7 hours ago, Brand J said:

He played well without Diggs being involved the back half of the season. If folks wanna argue that Diggs was a decoy, drawing all the attention and freeing up Kincaid/Shakir/Cook, then why do opposing teams make it a point after games to say that Diggs was hardly being doubled? I heard that more than once. 

That was one Chief player who said that and if you looked at the tape whoever covered Diggs had safety help almost every play

Felt bad that Diggs didn't get the attention he wanted on X last night with the Taiwan earthquake and all that was going on.. but rest assured, our WR1 is back into his rightful spot of Top 10 trending topics across America this morning. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Felt bad that Diggs didn't get the attention he wanted on X last night with the Taiwan earthquake and all that was going on.. but rest assured, our WR1 is back into his rightful spot of Top 10 trending topics across America this morning. 

I find it ironic that you take a shot at Stef for "getting the attention he wanted" with a two word response when the guy at the top of the list you love so much you'd swear he poops gold bars.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

3 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I find it ironic that you take a shot at Stef for "getting the attention he wanted" with a two word response when the guy at the top of the list you love so much you'd swear he poops gold bars.

Uh, what?

10 hours ago, sven233 said:

Diggs is going to be here for at least a couple more years.  There is just no justifying anything else with the dead money on his contract.  If Diggs truly wanted out, which I don't think he does, he just has to go to Beane and tell him that he will rip up his current deal, agree to one with no guaranteed money, and then get traded.  But with the guarantees in his current contract, trading or releasing him would be flat out dumb.

All that said, it's the main reason we have to find our future WR1 in this draft.  Diggs, even if he is here, is heading towards WR2 status sooner than later.  We need to nail this pick and find a guy that could possibly be ready by the end of this season heading into the Playoffs that can grow into the new go to guy.

I wouldn't be so sure Diggs makes it long.  First, the dead money can be viewed in a sunk cost kind of way, that money is going to be paid one way or another and it is just a matter of timing.

Second, the future of Diggs is not all based on Diggs feelings of wanting out or not - there is the possibility that the Bills FO wants Diggs out.  One can look at some of Diggs comments/actions as having disrespected J Brady - taking plays off,  taking himself out on some key 3rd downs, disrespected Beane - by not just doing anything w his contract but by also publicizing in a kind of what are you going to do about it way, and McD can't like the distractions.

The FO could think the value for Diggs is at its high.  The FO could reasonably think Diggs is on a steep decline and the demand (via Dallas) is strong.  The conditions may be assessed that the FO could get by far the most by moving Diggs now (as apposed to waiting another year).  Beane probably has a plan where he can come up with the dead cap money (getting rid of Diggs salary + Tre money + Josh restructure - Rome O money).

Yes, the Bills odds for the super bowl would take a hit -kind of like when KC got rid of Tyreek.  They're going to have to move on at some point, it might be a little earlier than many expected because of the reasons outlined above.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

@Einstein we need to make a Diggs cryptic comments in 2025 in his Texans uni.

Funny part is that even with this trade, people won’t believe that his cryptic tweets were messages. They simply won’t get it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you didn't think his tweets meant anything, you were wrong. I'm guessing him taking a swing at his QB last night was the last straw for the team.

They’ve been working on trading Diggs for a while now. According to a football writer I know who was in Vegas  for SB week, the Bills trying to trade Diggs was THE big rumor among teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This morning…

———-

RG3: Is Diggs essential to Josh Allen’s success?

Random tweeter responds to RG3: Diggs helped, but he is not essential to Allen’s success.

Diggs response: You sure?

———-

And yet fans still think Diggs wasn’t giving cryptic messages 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you didn't think his tweets meant anything, you were wrong. I'm guessing him taking a swing at his QB last night was the last straw for the team.

I think the timeline is backwards here. Diggs was basically saying “you’re about to find out what Josh looks like without a number 1”.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billl said:

I think the timeline is backwards here. Diggs was basically saying “you’re about to find out what Josh looks like without a number 1”.

Diggs must have forgotten the last half of last season, where Allen played without a #1 WR because Diggs was stinking up the joint.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Funny part is that even with this trade, people won’t believe that his cryptic tweets were messages. They simply won’t get it.

Yup. A lot of people buried their head in the sand. I'm still shocked this actually happened, but the signs have been there for a while and continued this offseason.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

This whole thread could be submitted to Cold Takes Exposed.

@Beck Water and @H2o with early nominees. That reporter nailed everything. From the team, to the literal pick we landed.

IMG-8554.jpg

IMG-8553.jpg

Guilty as charged :lol:

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, sven233 said:

But is he though?  That’s the real question 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

What?

Just now, FireChans said:

What?

You may have missed it (I did too), but yesterday Diggs essentially inferred that Allen's success was due to him.

Someone tweeted that Diggs is a good receiver but Allen's success was not "essential" to have Diggs.

Diggs responded "You sure?"

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This aged like milk on a hot summer day

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

This morning…

———-

RG3: Is Diggs essential to Josh Allen’s success?

Random tweeter responds to RG3: Diggs helped, but he is not essential to Allen’s success.

Diggs response: You sure?

———-

And yet fans still think Diggs wasn’t giving cryptic messages 🤦🏻‍♂️

Um, that was a lot less cryptic than many of his other messages.  It reads more like "you're about to do that experiment" vs. his earlier stuff.