Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If I've learned anything from this thread it's that this fanbase cannot handle WR's who demand the publics attention and have a different personality than your standard football robot.

You'd think we were dealing with prime Terrell Owens or Keyshawn Johnson the way Bills fans act towards Diggs.

I wonder if Vikings fans are begging for Justin Jefferson to go lately with some of the things he's said? It's embarrassing to me to look at the tweet replies and see fanbases from every other team in the league BEGGING for him to be on their team and then see our fans calling him a cancer bc he's tweeted out innocuous random things like "Well..." that could mean LITERALLY anything.

“still is playing at a very high level”

citation needed.

Vikings fans aren’t clamoring to ditch Jefferson because he’s still elite.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

If I've learned anything from this thread it's that this fanbase cannot handle WR's who demand the publics attention and have a different personality than your standard football robot.

You'd think we were dealing with prime Terrell Owens or Keyshawn Johnson the way Bills fans act towards Diggs.

I wonder if Vikings fans are begging for Justin Jefferson to go lately with some of the things he's said? It's embarrassing to me to look at the tweet replies and see fanbases from every other team in the league BEGGING for him to be on their team and then see our fans calling him a cancer bc he's tweeted out innocuous random things like "Well..." that could mean LITERALLY anything.

Diggs trolls us

We troll you

It's the circle of life

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

citation needed.

So then say that's what it's about. You want him gone bc you personally think he's fell off. 

That's what gets me about this thread. Everyone makes things like these tweets definitive factual proof he wants out or he's a problem. Not because they're known facts. Because that's what they WANT it to be.

And to the "falling off" end, it's also funny to me how every season we say "Josh needs help, we can't expect to win with just Diggs". But then when it doesn't happen and the season ends it's "Diggs didn't do enough".

This last season was the worst in terms of help on the other side of Diggs. Davis was non-existent, even when he was on the field. He got no help in terms of taking the coverage attention away down the stretch, beyond the middle of the field. Yes, the drop was bad. But there's tangible things that can be pointed to in terms of why there was a fall off down the stretch.

Now we're finally setting up a situation where we'll have a core of WR's that will demand more attention from Coordinators and we don't even want to see if Diggs can take advantage of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, julian said:

Yeah he has all the stupid people fooled, I guess his meltdown the first day of camp was all part of the mast trolling plan to fool fans lol… do you even think about what you’re saying lol

It’s crazy, you’re like a dude who starts a relationship with someone who’s cheating on their spouse, and when she leaves the husband for you and all your family asks aren’t you worried she’ll do the same to you… you act like they’re all crazy… while your woman is swiping on Tinder.

hes almost certainly going to be a Bill this year, so don’t worry about all these stupid people that Diggs has fooled in his spare time, it matters not.

Lol

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So then say that's what it's about. You want him gone bc you personally think he's fell off. 

That's what gets me about this thread. Everyone makes things like these tweets definitive factual proof he wants out or he's a problem. Not because they're known facts. Because that's what they WANT it to be.

And to the "falling off" end, it's also funny to me how every season we say "Josh needs help, we can't expect to win with just Diggs". But then when it doesn't happen and the season ends it's "Diggs didn't do enough".

This last season was the worst in terms of help on the other side of Diggs. Davis was non-existent, even when he was on the field. He got no help in terms of taking the coverage attention away down the stretch, beyond the middle of the field. Yes, the drop was bad. But there's tangible things that can be pointed to in terms of why there was a fall off down the stretch.

Now we're finally setting up a situation where we'll have a core of WR's that will demand more attention from Coordinators and we don't even want to see if Diggs can take advantage of it. 

If Diggs barely misses or hits 1k yards on another inefficient high volume next season, will you admit you were wrong about Diggs?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

You know Diggs signed a 5 year extension with the Vikings and forced his way out in 2 years, right?

Considering how much you hate the Bills, do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say?

Lol

Edited by Draconator

He's not out there in the media, constantly in front of the cameras yapping on about the QB, teammates or the organization, yet people act like he's sooooooo much drama.

Just accept he likes the social media attention. He's probably chilling with friends saying, "Watch, all I gotta do is post 2 or 3 random words & suddenly thousands of people start freaking out."

Is that immature or annoying? Some people will definitely think so. But with the league's storied history of diva WRs, this barely registers.

Just now, Draconator said:

Considering how much you hate the Bills, do you really expect me to believe anything you have to say?

Lolp

I love the Bills. I also pay attention to the NFL.

I know it’s hard but you can google it yourself lol. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

He is waiting to hear if he is traded before his guaranteed money kicks in tomorrow. 

He does not have a cash outlay due, the only thing that happens is that the unguaranteed portion of his salary this season guarantees. That really won’t impact a trade. It would impact a release though. 

6 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

He's not out there in the media, constantly in front of the cameras yapping on about the QB, teammates or the organization, yet people act like he's sooooooo much drama.

Just accept he likes the social media attention. He's probably chilling with friends saying, "Watch, all I gotta do is post 2 or 3 random words & suddenly thousands of people start freaking out."

Is that immature or annoying? Some people will definitely think so. But with the league's storied history of diva WRs, this barely registers.

01gqdv64fe8qj65wcs16.png

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I agree. WR’s are always the biggest divas and self promoters. Every single one thinks they’re the best in the league. I find the needless drama tiresome but they all seem to have this swagger. 

Just now, FireChans said:

If Diggs barely misses or hits 1k yards on another inefficient high volume next season, will you admit you were wrong about Diggs?

My stance isn't that it's impossible that Diggs hasn't taken a step back and there's no scenario where he isn't a monster this year.

It's that the time to do it, if we do isn't THIS offseason. Give him this season as part of a much improved offensive weapon core and see if that revives him. We're having to pay exponentially for him anyways.

I see it just as likely that having him pays dividends for us than it is he doesn't. I'd much rather have Diggs, a Round 1 Rookie, and Samuel then that alternative. If it doesn't work, you move on from him next season when it's a better time to do so. Both financially and from a stance of Josh having a year with the new core and the Rookie having experience.

Only thing I'll say about the latest Diggs controversy is I don't expect the Bills to offload him this year, but I also don't think he is in their long term plans. Beane had a chance to save $13.1M off the cap this year with a simple restructure of his contract. He chose not to touch it. IMO that spells the beginning of the end.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

citation needed.

So you basically admit that its not any substance to anything, its just you and the other minority part of the fan base CLAMORING for him to be traded when in reality there is no drama, Diggs doesn't want to be traded, Beane doesn't want to trade him, and it makes absolutely no cap sense to trade him this year.  

You also said he would not be traded until 2025 multiple times...so theres that too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I know you were responding to someone else, but to be clear I don't want Diggs gone. He is one of my favorite modern Bills ever. 

That being said, having $24M extra next year in cap space is very tempting. We watched New England give a masterclass in moving on from players a year early, rather than a year late, for close to two decades. It was smart and helped them continue to win. I wouldn't hate Beane if he decided to do the same here.

As for Diggs comments, he knows what he is doing. He knows he is stoking the flames. He knows he is causing issues with fans. He is intelligent.

As I said before, It's like poking a Bear with a stick and getting upset when he growls.

"Why not just ignore the stick, Mr Bear?" says the human  ... "How about you not poke me with it?" responds the Ursidae mammal.

Edited by Einstein

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

It seems like you're considering his twitter pic showing him waving good-bye in a Bills uni to be some sort of provocation (like he's waving goodbye to the Bills?)

I'm going off of recent (last day or so) media reports that Diggs changed his Twitter bio pic to the wave goodbye.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-stefon-diggs-gives-another-indication-he-wants-out-of-buffalo-with-cryptic-post/

"To make things even more interesting, Diggs changed his Twitter bio to a picture of him waving goodbye -- which could indicate his last time playing for the Bills. Diggs."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/stefon_diggs_posts_cryptic_tweet_hinting_at_bills_exit/s1_17150_40116012

"Diggs recently took to his X account to post “ready for watever” while also changing his bio to a photo of him waving. Goodbye to the Bills, perhaps?"

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/03/16/stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-ready-for-whatever/

"In his latest posts, Stefon Diggs hinted at his desire for a trade by tweeting out “ready for whatever” and changing his Twitter header to what appears to be him waving goodbye to Buffalo. This could all just be a cry for attention, but there are some on-field reasons to believe this could be the end of the road."

IF this has been up for months, since the games were being played, then I take back what I said and I was wrong. And if so shame on the CBS, and other news outlets  for reporting something that is months old as a recent development.

I don't follow Twitter and can't speak to the recency of the wave goodbye twitter bio pic.

My interpretation is that he posted the wave goodbye pic in the past but only recently changed his bio pic to this. IF this is the pic he only recently updated for a bio pic, then that is 100% an intentional statement/trolling by Diggs. And it's 100% unneeded and counter-productive to the BIlls as a team.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

9 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I'm going off of recent (last day or so) media reports that Diggs changed his Twitter bio pic to the wave goodbye.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-stefon-diggs-gives-another-indication-he-wants-out-of-buffalo-with-cryptic-post/

"To make things even more interesting, Diggs changed his Twitter bio to a picture of him waving goodbye -- which could indicate his last time playing for the Bills. Diggs."

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/stefon_diggs_posts_cryptic_tweet_hinting_at_bills_exit/s1_17150_40116012

"Diggs recently took to his X account to post “ready for watever” while also changing his bio to a photo of him waving. Goodbye to the Bills, perhaps?"

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/03/16/stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-ready-for-whatever/

"In his latest posts, Stefon Diggs hinted at his desire for a trade by tweeting out “ready for whatever” and changing his Twitter header to what appears to be him waving goodbye to Buffalo. This could all just be a cry for attention, but there are some on-field reasons to believe this could be the end of the road."

IF this has been up for months, since the games were being played, then I take back what I said and I was wrong. And if so shame on the CBS, and other news outlets  for reporting something that is months old as a recent development.

I don't follow Twitter and can't speak to the recency of the wave goodbye twitter bio pic.

My interpretation is that he posted the wave goodbye pic in the past but only recently changed his bio pic to this. IF this is the pic he only recently updated for a bio pic, then that is 100% an intentional statement/trolling by Diggs. And it's 100% unneeded and counter-productive to the BIlls as a team.

These guys are so spoiled for attention it's laughable.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

THEN START A THREAD ABOUT WHETHER WE SHOULD CONSIDER TRADING HIM FOR THOSE CAP SAVING REASONS RATHER THAN A BUNCH OF FAKE "HOUSEWIVES OF BUFFALO" MANUFACTURED DRAMA THAT ISN'T THERE. 

It really is that simple.  

I understand that you believe yourself to be the boss of others and therefore have the power to tell others what they should or should not do. Unfortunately for you, the remainder of society does agree with that belief. Reality is that  you are the boss of only yourself. 

Therefore, as the boss of yourself, you have the choice to:

A) Enter threads you do not like, get annoyed, post a bunch of insults, and (by doing so) drive the thread right back to the top of the page where you do NOT want it.

B) Ignore the thread (or even the posters you disagree with), and therefore do not have to deal with threads or opinions you do not like.

With these two choices in mind, which choice do you feel makes the most sense for you? Which do you feel would make you happier?  ]Personally, if it were me, I would just ignore the thread. Since any reply I gave to a thread I don't like, just pushes the thread back to the top of the page. 

For example: As you can see on the home page, I've only commented in 1 of the last 10 threads posted. You can tell that by looking at the icons next to the thread. The dot next to a thread means you have not commented. The star icon means you have participated in the thread. Do you know why I haven't commented in the other 9? Because they are not interesting to me, or I do not believe my knowledge or opinion would contribute positively to them. So I ignore them. Maybe you should give that a try as well? I believe in you - You can do this!

beleive.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So you basically admit that its not any substance to anything, its just you and the other minority part of the fan base CLAMORING for him to be traded when in reality there is no drama, Diggs doesn't want to be traded, Beane doesn't want to trade him, and it makes absolutely no cap sense to trade him this year.  

You also said he would not be traded until 2025 multiple times...so theres that too.

It’s just me what?

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

01gqdv64fe8qj65wcs16.png

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You think these are equivalent😂😂

Why aren’t you showing pics or clips of the literally dozens of times he has been on the sidelines hyping up Josh and the team? You show the one time he put his hands up in frustration. Also, how are the Chiefs situations different then in your opinion? Kelce shoved his coach!! So I guess you’re right, they aren’t equivalent, the Chiefs things are MUCH worse 

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Only thing I'll say about the latest Diggs controversy is I don't expect the Bills to offload him this year, but I also don't think he is in their long term plans. Beane had a chance to save $13.1M off the cap this year with a simple restructure of his contract. He chose not to touch it. IMO that spells the beginning of the end.

Without a major resurgence, I think this is his last year in town at least.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You think these are equivalent😂😂

You're the one who posted the first image, completely disregarding everything I said.

Oh no, Diggs got mad on the sidelines 2 years ago! How terrible of him!

Point is, competitive players get mad on the sidelines. Big deal. The fact you thought that was relevant at all to what I said is bizarre. We were talking about "cryptic tweets," hence the title of the thread.

I literally said "with the league's storied history of diva WRs, this barely registers" and you responded with an image of him yelling on the sidelines. The fact YOU think that's "equivalent" is what's funny.

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could be wrong and he’s just trolling, but I interpret his comments as trying to facilitate a trade ? 

4 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You're the one who posted the first image, completely disregarding everything I said.

Oh no, Diggs got mad on the sidelines 2 years ago! How terrible of him!

Point is, competitive players get mad on the sidelines. Big deal. The fact you thought that was relevant at all to what I said is bizarre. We were talking about "cryptic tweets," hence the title of the thread.

I literally said "with the league's storied history of diva WRs, this barely registers" and you responded with an image of him yelling on the sidelines. The fact YOU think that's "equivalent" is what's funny.

what about him pretending that throw he dropped this season's playoffs was off?

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

When you have to post stats, you're toast. 

Just now, Low Positive said:

Is he complaining about targets here? 

Honestly who cares at this point.  Just trade him and move on at this point.  Call Chicago about their 2nd round pick

26 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

That's false, actually. That's been his twitter header for a long time now. I can't go back in time and take a snapshot, but I remember reading that and thinking "huh, he's had that forever".

5 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Is he complaining about targets here? 

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

When you have to post stats, you're toast. 

Honestly who cares at this point.  Just trade him and move on at this point.  Call Chicago about their 2nd round pick

I think it's fairly obvious that's him responding to everyone who said he's fell off.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Pretty sure the social media reports are Making ***** Up(tm) as I recognize that profile pic as one he has had for literally, several years.

Like I think, since he toasted a guy badly for a TD in 2020 and Josh Allen was giving him an expensive watch engraved "Slime" for Christmas, years.

It's for sure not recent, or even this past season

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, Beck Water said:

Pretty sure the social media reports are Making ***** Up(tm) as I recognize that profile pic as one he has had for literally, several years.

Yes, that was a false claim that the media ran with.  He’s had the same banner up there for a longg time

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That's false, actually. That's been his twitter header for a long time now. I can't go back in time and take a snapshot, but I remember reading that and thinking "huh, he's had that forever".

I think it's fairly obvious that's him responding to everyone who said he's fell off.

Whats going on with Diggs now? Is Mike Florio spreading rumours again? 

Edited by wppete

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s not about liking a thread or not.  It’s about your absurd witch hunt manufacturing false information that you spread to others and it infects this board and other threads and brings the quality of the board down.  

Threads like this are like cancer…nothing good about it and it just spreads.  Like nothing you post should be taken seriously after hanging your hat on what you know was a thread all about you to stir up nonsense.  

Im not joking when I say this is the worst thread of the year.  All it is really is a lightning rod for all the internet Karens who want to hear what they want to hear, ignore facts, and spew manipulated and falsified info to fuel a bias hatred of Diggs before anything legitimate or real has happened.  

Well said!

The only thing missing is the inherent racism in some of the posts

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Well said!

The only thing missing is the inherent racism in some of the posts

Where exactly was that at? 

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

what’s going on is Diggs decided to start a fire and then pour gasoline on it. Whether he’s trolling or trying to make a trade happen is anyone’s guess. Perhaps it’s a bit of both

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Man, all I know is this age of information, while on one hand can be very useful but in the other can be downright mind-numbing. Seeing some of youse here analyzing and nitpicking every little thing this dude does on social media is a little nuts. 

In the grand scheme of things, it's a game. And also in the grand scheme of things, his behavior isn't really that outlandish. Does it seem a little irritating and immature? Sure. But this whole, "Move on, eat the dead cap and be done" sentiment from some of you is a pile of hot diarrhea. 

What's your alternative? Roll with Samuel, Shakir, Kincaid, Knox, and Shorter? Oh wait, we oughta wipe Knox off this list because his positional duties changed a lot last season and because he didn't post up 80 receptions for 1200 yards and 10 TDs he's a worthless bum with a god awful contract and blah blah blah. He did redo his deal so I guess he's alright now? I dunno. 

So yeah, you can have the aforementioned group with a rookie and cross your fingers and hope for the best. I guarantee a Bills WR group sans Diggs is not as productive. And then the whole lot of you whining to trade Diggs now would be whining at the end of next season about the dip in production. 

I've been a fan my whole life. Ages ago I was definitely guilty of some similar crappy thinking regarding the team. I dunno if I had an epiphany or what but after a certain point that type of discussion becomes friggin' exhausting. 

I generally try not to get engaged in these types of discussions but sometimes that's all that people wanna talk about. 

In my estimation, I'm gonna trust the group that's assembled and managed this team since 2017. They've sustained success and yeah it's a bummer to dip out in the second round of the playoffs but a bigger bummer is a nearly twenty year playoff drought. 

Edited by blacklabel

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Except, he did fall off a bit last season, specifically the 2nd half of last season.

I don't think it necessarily means he fell off a "performance cliff" or something, I think he may have had some painful and nagging injury like an oblique or something which slowed him just enough to make a difference.  

But he's still one of the top receivers in the league, top-15 for yards, top-10 for pretty much anything else.

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yes.  Yes, he is.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1