2024 WR Draft Class

23 hours ago, mannc said:

Chris Simms just put out his WR draft rankings...had MHJ at 4 and Roman Wilson at 5.  His WR rankings have been very good...Not saying he's right or wrong in this case, but this points to the fact that this is a very deep class and there isn't much separating the guys at the top.

His ranking have been mixed. He had Jalin Hyatt and Michael Wilson in his top 5 last year and no Jordan Addison. He had no Wilson or Olave in his top 5 in 2022 and he had Dyami Brown (who admittedly I was high on too) ahead of Jaylen Waddle in 2021. 

He loved Justin Jefferson more than most. He gets kudos for that. But he has been more wrong than right since. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

His ranking have been mixed. He had Jalin Hyatt and Michael Wilson in his top 5 last year and no Jordan Addison. He had no Wilson or Olave in his top 5 in 2022 and he had Dyami Brown (who admittedly I was high on too) ahead of Jaylen Waddle in 2021. 

He loved Justin Jefferson more than most. He gets kudos for that. But he has been more wrong than right since. 

Hyatt and especially Wilson have been pretty good.  Simms also had Zay Flowers as WR1 last year, which was good call.  He's had a lot of other hits, too.   

48 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hyatt and especially Wilson have been pretty good.  Simms also had Zay Flowers as WR1 last year, which was good call.  He's had a lot of other hits, too.   

I mean Flowers was 4th best as a rookie. Hyatt and Wilson have shown flashes. But to have them above Addison and Rice doesn't strike me as super smart.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t know what I’m looking at but it likes Troy Franklin.

Targets, Yards Per Route run, 1st downs Per Route Run, Points per Pass Attempt per game and Points per Pass Attempt per snap. 

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

One disappointing first round pick for another: CB Kaiir Elam to Detroit for WR Jameson Williams. Who’s with me?

No one in Detroit would ever make that trade. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Adonai Mitchell would be unreal to get this guy at #28 if he is still in play.  Or even move up to get this guy.  Big, fast,  unreal athleticism  and can catch contested balls.  They only worry can he play in the cold.   Thats the big question.  He smoked AJ Brown and Julio Jones in the 4.35 40yd.

https://youtu.be/eTHx4O6Mkns?si=CP_k80a9a9DVztgA

24 minutes ago, Brand J said:

One disappointing first round pick for another: CB Kaiir Elam to Detroit for WR Jameson Williams. Who’s with me?

They’ll never do it. Williams was starting to come around last year.  I think he’s about to have a huge year…

13 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Jameson was hurt. Dudes gonna be great. 

There were a few plays last season where he absolutely abused defensive backs with his speed…

6 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Adonai Mitchell would be unreal to get this guy at #28 if he is still in play.  Or even move up to get this guy.  Big, fast,  unreal athleticism  and can catch contested balls.  They only worry can he play in the cold.   Thats the big question.  He smoked AJ Brown and Julio Jones in the 4.35 40yd.

https://youtu.be/eTHx4O6Mkns?si=CP_k80a9a9DVztgA

I always love this banter. If he is as good as you are saying then why would he make it to 28. Big fast athletic contested catch WRs at 6’2 don’t make it to the end of round 1. He also dogs his routes, doesn’t separate despite his unreal athleticism and offers mimimal YAC potential 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I always love this banter. If he is as good as you are saying then why would he make it to 28. Big fast athletic contested catch WRs at 6’2 don’t make it to the end of round 1. He also dogs his routes, doesn’t separate despite his unreal athleticism and offers mimimal YAC potential 

I may end up wrong, but this is my primary concern with Mitchell, don't really see the big dog mentality. Truthfully i think Coleman running a 4.6 may have helped get him to our pick, while i do have concerns over his separation, i do not over his big dog mentality on the field👊

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

I may end up wrong, but this is my primary concern with Mitchell, don't really see the big dog mentality. Truthfully i think Coleman running a 4.6 may have helped get him to our pick, while i do have concerns over his separation, i do not over his big dog mentality on the field👊

I think Coleman fits their type of player and wouldn’t surprise me if they take him in round 2 with a trade down or trade up. Norvell , who is big on culture, loved the guy. Great kid, supposedly a leader on the team, is a willing blocker. He needs to be better on contested passes but for some reason FSU didn’t highlight his whole route tree as FSU didn’t thrown between the hashes a ton 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

13 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

All of  Mitchell's shortcomings are fixable with coaching.  He can address his route running and I watched his highlights from Georgia to Texas clips on youtube, I watched games this year where he played and there was way more upside to this kid than a downside.  The guy can cut make and defender trip over his own feet.  With Samuel added for the slot duty and 0 to 20 yd pass zone.  This guy on the outside of the field is a viable option.  Not saying we are going to get him but he would be a nice add. Gabe Davis was a terrible route runner.  He always F***ed something up on his route running and situational awareness on the field was almost non existent, plus he dropped balls all the time.  This kid is a immediate improvement over Gabe.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dan in Owego said:

Exactly. I for one am sick of watching our #1 WR get bullied against physical coverage in the playoffs. I want my #1 WR dishing out the bullying.

@GunnerBill - you were talking about needing to see Legette in Round 1 Mocks to believe he's being considered there. Mel Kiper's latest Round 1 Mock had him.

Personally, if we took a CB and our guy went the very next pick, my sobriety would be seriously tested.

https://www.on3.com/pro/news/2024-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-makes-big-changes-in-updated-mock-draft-five-qbs-in-first-round-predictions/

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

Roman Wilson isn’t talked about enough here as a possibility if they got WR in round 1 

He's not a 1st round wr....he'll play in the slot imo

• Agree 2

I'm starting to think the WRs are getting so much buzz that the top 8-9 will be gone before the Bills pick. 

I think in that situation I'd want them to trade down, but it'd hurt. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm starting to think the WRs are getting so much buzz that the top 8-9 will be gone before the Bills pick. 

We have to get ahead of the Cowboys at 24… Both Mitchell and Worthy play in their backyard, so they have connections…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I would be totally amazed if that many wr’s went before the Bills pick. If that were the case then a ton of good players would fall into the bottom of the first round.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sestak4ever said:

I would be totally amazed if that many wr’s went before the Bills pick. If that were the case then a ton of good players would fall into the bottom of the first round.

I think 6 will go in the first round…

Harris

Nabers

Odunze

Thomas

Mitchell

Worthy

Our goal should be to somehow obtain one of these 6…

Edited by JaCrispy

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

We have to get ahead of the Cowboys at 24… Both Mitchell and Worthy play in their backyard, so they have connections…

I don’t think the Cowboys go WR in round 1. They need to rebuild that offensive line and there are going to be some really good Oline prospects in that spot in round 1 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t think the Cowboys go WR in round 1. They need to rebuild that offensive line and there are going to be some really good Oline prospects in that spot in round 1 

Didn’t they lose 2 starting WRs? Cooks and Gallop?

33 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Didn’t they lose 2 starting WRs? Cooks and Gallop?

Cooks is still there albeit 30. They have Lamb and Cooks but they also let Tyron Smith go, lost Center Tyler Biadisz, Zach Martin is 33. They have 2 about to be 3 gaping holes in that offensive line

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bean was at Alabama instead of Texas. Obviously trading up for edge Dallas Turner.

Beane met with all 4 of those guys at the Combine and watched them on field there. Probably sent our positional coaches to check out the Texas Pro Day. Beane will get their thoughts, check the tape, and i'd bet a number of them are brought in for Pre-Draft visits.

I’m starting to think a trade up is in the cards. I think it could be as high as Chicago at 9 if Odunze is on the board. Maybe it is something like: 9 for 28, 128, 144, 160 and a 2025 1st. I’m sure that the Bills would LOVE to not have to give up their 2nd this year. Chicago is in need of picks and depth players. The value of this would be something like 1350 points going out for Chicago and maybe like 1370 points going out for the Bills (I’m using 600 points for the Bills 2025 1st). 

The Bills would then pick (if they didn’t move around anymore):

9 - Rome Odunze

60 - Kris Jenkins

133 - Caleb Bullock

163 - Xavier Thomas

189 - Audric Estime

200 - BPA

204 - BPA

248 - BPA