Key notes from players on locker room cleaning day (here is what you need to know)

Einstein

- Mitch Morse said he wants to be back with the Bills next year and expects to be. 

- Dawson Knox, speaking about Allen, said: "I pray I get to play the rest of my career with him and I think everyone in that room would say the same thing... he's a modern gladiator."

- Dion Dawkins, speaking about Allen, said: "That performance the kid put on yesterday was insane. It was crazy... he makes it easy for all of us to play ball."

- Gabe said he is testing free agency but wouldn't mind coming back to Buffalo.

- Leonard Floyd said he will go where the money takes him, but would prefer to be back in Buffalo.

- Jordan Phillips says he might retire.

- All offensive players, included Allen, shouted support for Joe Brady.

- Hyde says he needs time to decide what his next steps will be.

- Rousseau gave his vote for McD as D Coordinator, mentioning that he learned a lot under McD.

- Gabe and Bernard both said they were planning on playing in the AFCCG.

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 23

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

No to Brady.  The guy showed again yesterday, he can't make 2nd half adjustments. Get someone in here with something other than what we have been doing and get Josh some damn weapons already.

He's too scared to let Josh lose a game that it stops him from helping us win. 16 passes behind the LOS.

Need to let him him loose and hope we get 3 or 4 games where he doesn't implode in a row in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- Rousseau gave his vote for McD as D Coordinator, mentioning that he learned a lot under McD.

We should absolutely look to see who else is out there and not just hand him the job, but I dont see many better candidates jumping off the screen, and I also don't knock Brady for some of the issues that come with inheriting a flawed system from an incompetent OC.

I also agree with Rousseau that McD is a good Defensive Coordinator and would do well working under a true Head Coach. :P

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

No to Brady.  The guy showed again yesterday, he can't make 2nd half adjustments. Get someone in here with something other than what we have been doing and get Josh some damn weapons already.

I dont know what you were watching, but the Bills put up 368 yards on the Chiefs, the second most this season.  They should have put up 27 points, tied for the most allowed by the Chiefs all year.  And that's with clear DROPs by WRs

Brady came in, implemented a very successful run game, and went 7-2.  That's exactly what we needed.  Oh BTW, his only losses were the Eagles (where we put up 34 points) and this playoff game.

Brady SHOULD be back, and I expect him to be.

• Like (+1) 19
  • Agree 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I dont know what you were watching, but the Bills put up 368 yards on the Chiefs, the second most this season.  They should have put up 27 points, tied for the most allowed by the Chiefs all year.  And that's with clear DROPs by WRs

Brady came in, implemented a very successful run game, and went 7-2.  That's exactly what we needed.  Oh BTW, his only losses were the Eagles (where we put up 34 points) and this playoff game.

Brady SHOULD be back, and I expect him to be.

He took the game out of the best player's hands yesterday. Inexcusable.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Interview Brady but cast a wide net. I don’t think Josh’s comments mean anything beyond the usual platitudes.

Goodbye Phillips. I won’t forget the 2019 Thanksgiving game when you and Shaq mocked Zeke Elliott on camera. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

- Mitch Morse said he wants to be back with the Bills next year and expects to be. 

- Dawson Knox, speaking about Allen, said: "I pray I get to play the rest of my career with him and I think everyone in that room would say the same thing... he's a modern gladiator."

- Dion Dawkins, speaking about Allen, said: "That performance the kid put on yesterday was insane. It was crazy... he makes it easy for all of us to play ball."

- Leonard Floyd said he will go where the money takes him, but would prefer to be back in Buffalo.

Short sweet and well done. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I think that Joe Brady should get a chance to be the Offensive Coordinator, but also think that we should look at other candidates too.

They have to just to meet the Rooney Rule requirements I Think

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Interview Brady but cast a wide net. I don’t think Josh’s comments mean anything beyond the usual platitudes.

Goodbye Phillips. I won’t forget the 2019 Thanksgiving game when you and Shaq mocked Zeke Elliott on camera. 

Same season he and Shaq smack-talked the Titans OL into a couple of bad penalties, securing us a win in a tight 14-7 game. Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

• Einstein changed the title to Key notes from players on locker room cleaning day (here is what you need to know)
9 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

What does that even mean?  Josh Allen touched the ball almost every play on that last 14 play drive

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

You mean the one who dropped a 65 yard bomb that Allen basically placed in his hands?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Thought it was all smokes and mirrors but if there was a chance of Bernard actually playing yesterday he shoulda played. Even at 80% the leadership and playcalling would have made the difference of that sloppy mess from yesterday

Edited by motorj
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Notice you won’t find any quotes from Diggs since he declined to speak with the media. When everyone was clamoring to give him an extension a couple years ago, I didn’t want to do it, but understood it made for a happier player. What I didn’t like was that it was a 4 year, $96M extension. Should've given him a 2 year extension/pay raise at most given his age. His MIN contract would be expiring right about now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

They threw 16 (16!) passes behind the LOS and only attempted a half dozen past 10 yards. It was cowardly.

I don't think you understand A) how the chiefs defended Allen, and B) the deficiencies of the Bills WR corps in this moment in time

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

26 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I think the offense issues go beyond the OC and players....this offense has been forced into a box that is our coaches vision..so we won't get an oc in here with 100% control of making an offensive system to his liking...that  alone needs to be very concerning bc no proven top level offensive mind is gonna come here and be limited to how he can run his offense 

• Disagree 2

Just now, Brand J said:

Notice you won’t find any quotes from Diggs since he declined to speak with the media. When everyone was clamoring to give him an extension a couple years ago, I didn’t want to do it, but understood it made for a happier player. What I didn’t like was that it was a 4 year, $96M extension. Should've given him a 2 year extension/pay raise at most given his age. His MIN contract would be expiring right about now.

For about 8 weeks he was the best WR in the League. 

His extension was absolutely deserved. Unfortunately the Bills likely extend him again simply for cap purposes. But I expect them to have an out year after 24/25

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Spoken like a true team first approach!!  LOL

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

They threw 16 (16!) passes behind the LOS and only attempted a half dozen past 10 yards. It was cowardly.

All three deep shots were dropped by our WRs.  It wasn't that we didnt try, it was that it wasn't working, and that falls on our personnel.  Not Brady.

Brady called a great gameplan to give the team a chance to win.  Diggs went 3 for 8 on targets, with 2-3 critical drops.  Sherfield dropped 2 deep shots.

Brady did everything you want as an OC - established a run game, controlled time of possession, provided multiple reads and outlets for his QB, and gave his #1 wideout 8 chances to catch the ball and another 2 handoffs.  That's not cowardness, it's maturity.  

Of course, we can be the Chargers, who let Herbert throw the ball 50 times a game and miss the playoffs entirely...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

For about 8 weeks he was the best WR in the League. 

His extension was absolutely deserved. Unfortunately the Bills likely extend him again simply for cap purposes. But I expect them to have an out year after 24/25

I never bought into him being the best. I thought he was probably the purest and craftiest route runner, but he never had physical attributes a defense had to fear - size (average), speed (above average), hands (excellent?).

He’s a high level possession receiver and should’ve received a 2 year pay raise - not one for almost $100M - given his age and malcontent history. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

I never bought into him being the best. I thought he was probably the purest and craftiest route runner, but he never had physical attributes a defense had to fear - size (average), speed (above average), hands (excellent?).

He’s a high level possession receiver and should’ve received a 2 year pay raise - not one for almost $100M - given his age and malcontent history. 

The issue is his restructure. It doesn’t give the team any bit of leverage. Without it we could move on this year.

34 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

He's too scared to let Josh lose a game that it stops him from helping us win. 16 passes behind the LOS.

Need to let him him loose and hope we get 3 or 4 games where he doesn't implode in a row in the playoffs. 

What's the point of throwing downfield if your wrs are just going to drop it. Those passes to Sherfield and Diggs were perfect.  Even Cook has stone hands. Find Josh some damn players that can catch the damn ball.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

The issue is his restructure. It doesn’t give the team any bit of leverage. Without it we could move on this year.

And without the Bills restructuring him I doubt they could have added dudes like Connor McGovern. 

I don't think it's fair to be critical of Beane for not predicting Diggs' collapse in such a sudden fashion. I mean he was an ELITE WR for half this season.  Like sometime you just gotta say "***** happens man" and then deal with the aftermath. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

All three deep shots were dropped by our WRs.  It wasn't that we didnt try, it was that it wasn't working, and that falls on our personnel.  Not Brady.

Brady called a great gameplan to give the team a chance to win.  Diggs went 3 for 8 on targets, with 2-3 critical drops.  Sherfield dropped 2 deep shots.

Brady did everything you want as an OC - established a run game, controlled time of possession, provided multiple reads and outlets for his QB, and gave his #1 wideout 8 chances to catch the ball and another 2 handoffs.  That's not cowardness, it's maturity.  

Of course, we can be the Chargers, who let Herbert throw the ball 50 times a game and miss the playoffs entirely...

The drops yesterday were of huge consequence. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

And without the Bills restructuring him I doubt they could have added dudes like Connor McGovern. 

I don't think it's fair to be critical of Beane for not predicting Diggs' collapse in such a sudden fashion. I mean he was an ELITE WR for half this season.  Like sometime you just gotta say "***** happens man" and then deal with the aftermath. 

Diggs has also shown me enough over the previous seasons to believe his core body injury was/is more significant than he let on, and hope he can come back closer to previous form next year before I even think about moving on.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

The drops yesterday were of huge consequence. 

Who drafted those WR's or brought them in as FA's?  At some point Beane has to be held accountable. All the draft pics on the DL, outside of Oliver, anyone even remotely a guy the other teams must game plan for? No.  

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We have to find a way to keep DQ, Floyd and Dane. The rest of the FA's can ALL go.

And clear 40+ million off the cap, AND find a legit #2 WR AND hopefully draft well.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Diggs has also shown me enough over the previous seasons to believe his core body injury was/is more significant than he let on, and hope he can come back closer to previous form next year before I even think about moving on.

Ideally, I'm drafting someone who can win on the outside, and then allowing Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid and Knox to mix and match the rest of the routes which would be inside/outside

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Interesting. This is the best that I have seen the Bills O-line for a while and I would hate to break it up once it finally seems to click. His cap hit is tough though, he'd need to take a cut or restructure.

While I do support the Bills doing their due diligence, for comparison around the league Brian Johnson, he who oversaw the collapse of the Eagles offense while given with an O-line with a long history of success, a franchise QB, a stable of running backs and a one two punch of AJ Brown and DeVante Adams at WR.

He's getting HC interviews. 

So it's not out of the question that if the Bills defer, there's a reasonable chance he'll get snatched.

Gabe and Bernard both said they were planning on playing in the AFCCG.

This one infuriates me because we *needed* Bernard. If he's guarding Kelce instead of AJ Kline (even at 60%) I think we win that game.

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd argue too that even in a down year, he would still be a #1 receiver on a majority of teams in the league. But he *really* needs help on the other boundary

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Ideally, I'm drafting someone who can win on the outside, and then allowing Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid and Knox to mix and match the rest of the routes which would be inside/outside

Absolutely, I'm still all for adding another top WR into the mix. Hopefully someone that can push Diggs down to WR2.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ha! Floyd is a mercenary tho so I don't expect anything else from him. All fair. Not like he was drafted here and has ties to the team.

Yeah Floyd made perfect sense, I'm sure he'd love to be back but he's not unaware of the cap situation and how much he's worth.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.