Game Thread: Green Bay at San Francisco - 8:15 PM FOX

chongli

5 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I want Green Bay to win because I love chaos in the NFL. Imagine Philly, SF and Dallas not making the nfc championship game 

plus Detroit would get the NFC Championship at home (hopefully)

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Stroud did well early as well, pressure got to him as the game went on.

I thought he had 3 good throws. two for nice gains and one drop.  The rest of the game was nothing, and since he doesn’t run much he couldn’t use his legs to make up for the lack of passing.

But hey, he’s already a good one.

7 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I want Green Bay to win because I love chaos in the NFL. Imagine Philly, SF and Dallas not making the nfc championship game 

I want GB to win so one road team wins before our game.  It’s rare that home teams go 4-0

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Both spots were hose jobs.

I think he was short on fourth down, but he wouldn’t have been short if third down was spotted right.

i think LeFleur assumed they only had half a yard to go, didn’t even notice they were hosed on third down. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m not a huge Purdy fan. I don’t see him do anything exceptionally well. Above average game manager is what I see out of Purdy. 

That’s all this offense needs. Get the ball to the playmakers in space. 

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I thought he got there. But there’s no way to overturn it. It’s splitting hairs. 

It's impossible because it's so close to the line and they can't just be sure either way, so you can't just give it to them when you called short, what should have happened would be they would have had to of made an actual good spot and then it would have been luck of the draw on the chains.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I wish teams would stop doing that.  

I hope buffalo only goes to the sneak when its like a half football.  Just give it to the backs.

GB is lucky Love did not get a concussion.

I think teams need to understand the difference between 1 yard and inches... Inches for a QB sneak is almost automatic. To get a full yard there are better plays.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

I wish teams would stop doing that.  

I hope buffalo only goes to the sneak when its like a half football.  Just give it to the backs.

GB is lucky Love did not get a concussion.

Teams are definitely getting better at defending it.  And i also think refs are not just giving the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Allen sometimes gets those on the extra effort push. 

5 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’m not a huge Purdy fan. I don’t see him do anything exceptionally well. Above average game manager is what I see out of Purdy. 

When his stars are hurt is when his game really falls apart.

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Stroud did well early as well, pressure got to him as the game went on.

Last year people were all saying he was only a product of the system, I think he's better than that, there have been times when he's been able to make things happen when things break down. But I think they've gone a bit far in the other direction here lately.

It’s hard to judge accurately when the QB is surrounded with elite talent and operates one of the most QB friendly systems in history.

I believe he’s excellent with what’s asked of him.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think teams need to understand the difference between 1 yard and inches... Inches for a QB sneak is almost automatic. To get a full yard there are better plays.

I hope we understand that tomorrow. we need a fake out if that formation. Our line does not generate enough push consistently.

Just now, zow2 said:

Teams are definitely getting better at defending it.  And i also think refs are not just giving the benefit of the doubt anymore.  Allen sometimes gets those on the extra effort push. 

Also depends on how the refs are feeling, we got hosed on the one against the Dolphins, I mean who had Allen at the point where they blew the play dead, it's 4th down he ain't giving up until he knew he had it, but they blew it dead so damn quick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.