Game Thread: Los Angeles Rams at Detroit 8:15 PM ET NBC

chongli

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

the holding call on hutchinson and the non-call on Nukua was the game.  And people say refs don’t determine the outcome.  

They play a huge role in close games but you can avoid it by kicking the crap out of the other team like the Packers did today.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Passed on him, are we sure he wanted to go, sure they have a really high pick to get a QB but with what offense around him?

DeVante Parker is going to break out in year 9 next season.  I can feel it.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExWNYer said:

There was an 89 year old Lions fan in the stands who has been a season ticket holder for 66 years. He was around for Detroit's last NFL Championship...in 1957. I was really happy for him. Too many of my family members have passed without ever seeing the Bills win anything, including my parents. It has been 31 years since Detroit's last playoff win. That man deserves a shred of happiness for that kind of devotion. Good for him, good for Lions fans. 

I get that, and as I stated in my first post I have nothing against these long suffering Lions fans.

But Detroit has won 4 World Series titles, 4 NBA championships, and 11 Stanley Cups. Buffalo has won 2 AFL titles and a couple lacrosse championships.

As a city there is absolutely no one who deserves a world championship before Buffalo, New York. 

• Agree 4

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Rams had their time recently.  Happy for the Lions but more so  their fans.  Lots of years of nothing there.

God, we've got to get it done against Pittsburgh and then KC.

The rich can go on and get richer. Just not this year. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

Just now, buffblue said:

I get that, and as I stated in my first post I have nothing against these long suffering Lions fans.

But Detroit has won 4 World Series titles, 4 NBA championships, and 11 Stanley Cups. Buffalo has won 2 AFL titles and a couple lacrosse championships.

As a city there is absolutely no one who deserves a world championship before Buffalo, New York. 

I agree 💯. If the Bills are eliminated, I don't pull for teams who have never won it get one before the Bills do; however, if it came down to a team like the Lions in the SB against anyone in our division or KC or Pittsburgh, I'm pulling for the Lions a hundred times out of a hundred.

• Agree 1

The blown call on the loss to Dallas a couple of weeks ago may have ended up helping the Lions.  If they would have won that game, they would have been the 2 seed and played the Packers.  Not so sure they would’ve beaten Love and the Packers given the way they played.

• Like (+1) 2

• Simon unpinned this topic
25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It wasn't dirty. He made the only possible hit he could make in that moment. Just so happens Higbee had awkward footing while trying to double catch the ball.

Lmao you’d be the 1st one whining if that was Kincaid hobbling off the field.

8 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Have some fun and ask Alexa what NFL team has the longest active playoff win drought.

Just wandered over to FinHeaven and there is a post asking would you trade Tua and a 1st for Jordan Love. I'm sure Green Bay will jump all over that 😭

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Just wandered over to FinHeaven and there is a post asking would you trade Tua and a 1st for Jordan Love. I'm sure Green Bay will jump all over that 😭

Tua would play great at Lambeau, I’m sure. 

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Have some fun and ask Alexa what NFL team has the longest active playoff win drought.

Or they can look here and see the table! I love it.

Dream matchup would be us vs. the Liona in the SB. Neither has ever won one before. Runner-up is Detroit vs. Houston, as neither has ever been to a SB (although Houston's old team, the Titans, went before after beating us in the Music City Miracle in 1999).

9 minutes ago, chongli said:

Or they can look here and see the table! I love it.

Dream matchup would be us vs. the Liona in the SB. Neither has ever won one before. Runner-up is Detroit vs. Houston, as neither has ever been to a SB (although Houston's old team, the Titans, went before after beating us in the Music City Miracle in 1999).

I want Bills 49ers to complete Berman's dream.  Bills are also 4-1 against the NFC South since Allen's rookie year with the Hal Murray being the only loss.  Getting by the Steelers, Chiefs (with a two day rest disadvantage), and pry @Ravens is a tough ask though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I want Bills 49ers to complete Berman's dream.  Bills are also 4-1 against the NFC South since Allen's rookie year with the Hal Murray being the only loss.  Getting by the Steelers, Chiefs (with a two day rest disadvantage), and pry @Ravens is a tough ask though.

You mean the NFC West, but yeah, I thought of Chris Berman too. When he was on the air regularly, he always wanted Buffalo and SF in the SB, which were his favorite two teams ("no team circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!"). From 1988-1994, there seven SB's, with SF playing in 3 and Buffalo in 4, but never together.

Just now, chongli said:

You mean the NFC West, but yeah, I thought of Chris Berman too. When he was on the air regularly, he always wanted Buffalo and SF in the SB, which were his favorite two teams ("no team circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!"). From 1988-1994, there seven SB's, with SF playing in 3 and Buffalo in 4, but never together.

Yeah.  NFC West.  My mistake.  Also happen to be 4-1 against NFC South too so I wasn't technically wrong :) .  I'd also like to see Shanahan vs. McDermott.  Both hired in 2017 that specialized in different sides of the ball.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m having a hard time with the Lions because there was 5 or 6 blatant cheap shots in that game and they wouldn’t be doing it unless their coach was telling them to do it.

I didn’t like when the Steelers and James Harrison did it all those years either. I hope they get what’s coming to them. You don’t go at people’s knees.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

That 1992 NFC Championship where Dallas knocked out SF was a clash of the Titans. I can remember actually wanting Dallas rather than SF in the SB. I naively thought they would be a much easier matchup for the Bills.  Then they destroyed us in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.