Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

Wait… so you think on a equal playing field, the Steelers stand a better chance at beating us?

We won’t have Gabe, for whatever that’s worth.. and we’ll see about Douglas, but the Steelers weakness, especially without Watt, is defending a passing attack down the field. 

Yeah and I recognize I'm in the minority opinion on this one. But recently the only reason the Steelers offense has done anything is because they could launch the ball downfield to Pickens. People have already forgotten that the Steelers were arguably the worst offense in football until that element became part of their game. In windy snowy conditions I thought we would easily shut them down, meanwhile our own passing offense would be handicapped somewhat but not completely shut down. I thought all in all it gave us a big advantage, contrary to popular opinion.

So from my perspective we've now lost an advantage over our wildcard opponent and gained a disadvantage over our divisional opponent.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521taujnmxd9593jota

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 5

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I wonder how this affects Pitt travel plans?  Did they already leave for Buffalo, I'd guess not.  Will they now stay home till Sunday, but then risk having a hard time getting to Buffalo, or will they fly in Monday morning?  That creates an unusual travel plan which could mess with them.

Do they fly?  I know, for example, that the Giants take busses to Philly and a train to Washington.

Just now, schoolhouserock said:

Ugh! If the Bills win, this means they’ll play an opponent that has two extra days of rest on them. Something always happens.

Its a wash IMO.  Playing in the kind of weather coming takes way more toll on the body and there would have been a lot more fatigue.

20 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

The Bills have been prepping for possible opponents the moment the playoff field was known.  Probably before then.

Agreed, but I'm talking about the physical rest and recovery disadvantage.

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't say I disagreed with the decision. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm just annoyed that now the presumed outcome is we get the Chiefs on 8 days of rest and preparation while we get 6 days. That would of course happen the one time we finally get them in our stadium. Chiefs luck never runs out, just sick of it is all.

well considering the temps KC is playing in, they will feel that in their bones for 2 days

It may kind of even out. If that happens

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Harris blows. Guy is incredibly overrated by some. He’s an average, slow back. Complete waste of a first round pick.

I don't think he is great but he has really come on the last three games, and I just have the worst feeling when teams decide to really stick to a run game against us (which bad weather would force). Especially a tough team that doesn't mind having that be their identity.

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

And the majority of the tough guys on Twitter are the least tough guys in real life.

Goes without saying.  

I have to take back what I said though.  Golf Twitter might be even worse.

1 minute ago, Offside Number 76 said:

Do they fly?  I know, for example, that the Giants take busses to Philly and a train to Washington.

You must have read the same article a couple week back that I did! LOL

True could be by bus.  Pretty certain it won't be train though.  Seems like Pitt to Buffalo is further than NJ to Phil?

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah and I recognize I'm in the minority opinion on this one. But recently the only reason the Steelers offense has done anything is because they could launch the ball downfield to Pickens. People have already forgotten that the Steelers were arguably the worst offense in football until that element became part of their game. In windy snowy conditions I thought we would easily shut them down, meanwhile our own passing offense would be handicapped somewhat but not completely shut down. I thought all in all it gave us a big advantage, contrary to popular opinion.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but it's worth mentioning that wind will still likely be somewhat of a factor on Monday, just 5-10 mph less of one.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So, I am wondering... what do the Phraud Phins players and fans think about this?!?!

Can't wait to read all of the salty takes 😂

They are literally losing their ish on Twitter. 

Probably the best case scenario…

Just wanted to add, I’m a lifelong Bills fan, and regardless of what happens in this year’s playoffs, I absolutely love Josh Allen and and this team…And are so lucky to be able to experience this era of Bills football! 👍

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So from my perspective we've now lost an advantage over our wildcard opponent and gained a disadvantage over our divisional opponent.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9521taujnmxd9593jota

I agree with the pit analysis part but really bad weather certainly could add some randomness if there’s a fumble or shanked punt or something.  They definitely had to move the game too so competitive advantage is not something we really have control over 

10 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Not so sure , see their performance and blowout loss in the moved titans game during covid. Never know what results you will get with mcd. 

Fair enough but at least they have some experience with a moved game (Damar too of course, bad outcome there too, so maybe you're right, I dunno)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.