A.J. Klein re-signed to practice squad

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Klein is a sound tackler and good run defender.

There were a lot of missed tackles against Mijami.

You know what, Limeaid…yeah, he really.

A world beater and all star?  Of course not.

However, I like having him around as insurance for the post season.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think he has is my point.

He’s a good run stuffer, allowed 80% completions in pass coverage 😬

I like him in his role: coming in on 3-LBer sets on obvious run situations. It’s not like he can’t play the pass, it’s just not what he’s consistently good at. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think he has is my point.

Yeah I know the 90 grade from PFF gets referenced a lot.

But when people say he’s played well, I can’t remember a ton of specific plays he’s made this year.

Bills have been “good” against the run,  but not among the Top 5.

And I don’t remember much against the pass. He did “sack” Achane on Sunday night.

It must be a matter of he doesn’t miss the tackles that are there, and he gets in the way enough on passing plays. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I swear they just keep AJ locked in a broom closet. Let him out when we need an extra linebacker here and there. Maybe he does some team laundry in the meantime to earn a meal. 

As long as he has continued to work out and stay in shape for 2-down run stuffing work.

That’s what we need, because he’s been coming off the field on 3rd downs to drop Poyer in the linebacker spot. 

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Yeah I know the 90 grade from PFF gets referenced a lot.

But when people say he’s played well, I can’t remember a ton of specific plays he’s made this year.

Bills have been “good” against the run,  but not among the Top 5.

And I don’t remember much against the pass. He did “sack” Achane on Sunday night.

It must be a matter of he doesn’t miss the tackles that are there, and he gets in the way enough on passing plays. 

As long as he has continued to work out and stay in shape for 2-down run stuffing work.

That’s what we need, because he’s been coming off the field on 3rd downs to drop Poyer in the linebacker spot. 

I see him whiff in the open field far too often. I don’t know where his grade comes from. At least once a game he dives and completely whiffs on a tackle.

Good against the run? Again, I don’t see it.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

13 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Agreed, Klein should be resigned to being on the practice squad.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Exactly 😂😂great title

With all of the Coach Retiring announcements, I read it as Klein was retiring as well!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

That’s not a good sign for the Dodson injury. 

Am I correct in assuming it was the play where Dodson came in as an out-of-control human missile and was lucky he missed the pile or else would have been flagged for helmet to helmet or even worse, paralyzed himself, but instead went spinning off the pile?

• Like (+1) 2

• Punching Bag changed the title to A.J. Klein re-signed to practice squad

good LB to have against the run.  

17 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Am I correct in assuming it was the play where Dodson came in as an out-of-control human missile and was lucky he missed the pile or else would have been flagged for helmet to helmet or even worse, paralyzed himself, but instead went spinning off the pile?

did Dodson and Rapp switch jerseys for that game?  

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

good LB to have against the run.  

did Dodson and Rapp switch jerseys for that game?  

I thought it was Rapp coming into that pile at first too!

Rapp still injured the guy which sprung Harty's punt return. Looked like he injured Hill on the 2nd last play. And then injured HIMSELF on the game-sealing INT.

Classic Rapp!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m still not a fan of Dodson. 

He has grown on me, but I’m still not completely sold on him. The play that he injured himself on the other day was just him being dumb 

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I thought it was Rapp coming into that pile at first too!

Rapp still injured the guy which sprung Harty's punt return. Looked like he injured Hill on the 2nd last play. And then injured HIMSELF on the game-sealing INT.

Classic Rapp!

Next year we call him 'Wreck it Rapp'? 🤔

These signings are almost always an indication of the health of one or more of the players at the same position on the active roster.

Klein signed to practice squad because Dodsen will likely miss this game, so Klein takes his roster spot and provides veteran guidance and to Spector/Williams and a "break glass in case of emergency" presence if those two struggle.

Ankou is the one who loses his practice squad spot because Jones is now back fully healthy at DT, lessening the need for another depth body there.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Looks like Limey fixed it up.

I forgot to include Klein is back because Freddie's corpse contributed but will do so next time.

Edited by Limeaid
board getting busy, duplicate post .... Damn Beli-CHEAT fans
  • Haha (+1) 1

When Dodson went down, I expected this move to happen.  It makes all the sense in the world.  Klein knows the system and has played OK in spots.  And he was available.  I'd rather have Klein than a guy with more athletic ability who doesn't know the system.  He was not signed to be a developmental project.  He's insurance and might just suit up this week, given the fact the the opponent is likely to run the ball this week and the Bills are down 2 LBs (if you include Milano along with Dodson).

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought spector did well this last week

I thought so too but depth replacement is needed and while Klein does not know the complete defense he knows most of it and has a lot of experience playing for Coach McD.  Tyler Matakevich might even get snaps and in one game he played a lot he looked good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.