Bills fan murdered after game

34 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Not sure if you've seen some the Stand Your Ground defenses that have worked down there and in other states, but many juries in Florida have very, very loosely interpreted what constitutes "threatened with deadly force". Yeah, we all seem to think from the details of this case it's a straight up cold blooded murder, but I thought that in some other cases and the killer got off with Stand Your Ground.

People seem to have wildly differing views on what constitutes a "deadly threat" and what justifies someone in killing that person to "protect themselves" with a firearm.

A few examples: https://www.propublica.org/article/five-stand-your-ground-cases-you-should-know-about

your source is a bit biased.  Most aren't from Florida, and one of the 5 is from a state without a "stand your ground" law.  

Previous thread on this was removed.   There were also two sites which were non-professional made sites one which was copying other sites for content and many tags to try to being GoFundMe site found more often on search sites; they are gone.  Initial site stated he was from Buffalo but he is from Hollywood, Florida. Somebody was trying to amp donations.  

Today there is article on CBS News:

Vehicle from Sunday's deadly shooting near Hard Rock Stadium found

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/vehicle-from-sundays-deadly-shooting-near-hard-rock-stadium-found/

According to the GoFundMe Page, Isaac, who was a Buffalo fan, was walking through traffic with friends after the Bills' win and got into an argument with a man who tried to hit them with his vehicle. When the man tried to drive off, Isaac and company reportedly went after him. That's when the man stopped, got out, and shot Issacs, according to the GoFundMe page.

On Isaac's Facebook page, it said he was from Brantford, Ontario, and was living in Hollywood. 

16 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Has a bills fan ever murdered an opposing fan after a  game? Florida people are ummm different.  The culture they're fostering especially in South Florida is embarrassing. 

How do you know the shooter was from Florida ? S. Fla has a ton of transplants as well as immigrants. 

We're hearing now that the shooting had nothing to do with the game and more to do with road rage.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Yeah, there were crowds all over that area.  Given authorities have located the vehicle, should just be a matter of time before this criminal is behind bars, and hopefully for a long time.  

The only silver lining is Florida has Capital Punishment and they do use it in situations such as this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

How do you know the shooter was from Florida ? S. Fla has a ton of transplants as well as immigrants. 

We're hearing now that the shooting had nothing to do with the game and more to do with road rage.

OK …. Somehow road rage is a better basis to kill someone?  The whole premise is off.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, BuffaloBill said:

OK …. Somehow road rage is a better basis to kill someone?  The whole premise is off.

Right.  Whether the person is angry because the Dolphins lost, they’re stuck in traffic, both, or whatever else, clearly the person has anger issues and mental health problems.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Beast said:

You don’t have a defense for murder when someone is touching your vehicle.

Cripes.

Agreed, but reading about some of the crazy cases where people have gotten away with murder in stand your ground states, it shows that there is never a sure thing. Often depends on the personal beliefs of the jury. 

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

Not sure if you've seen some the Stand Your Ground defenses that have worked down there and in other states, but many juries in Florida have very, very loosely interpreted what constitutes "threatened with deadly force". Yeah, we all seem to think from the details of this case it's a straight up cold blooded murder, but I thought that in some other cases and the killer got off with Stand Your Ground.

People seem to have wildly differing views on what constitutes a "deadly threat" and what justifies someone in killing that person to "protect themselves" with a firearm.

A few examples: https://www.propublica.org/article/five-stand-your-ground-cases-you-should-know-about

"The law removes a person’s duty to retreat before using deadly force against another in any place he has the legal right to be – so long as he reasonably believed he or someone else faced imminent death or great bodily harm". 

The shooter can't make this argument vs an unarmed pedestrian.  It's road rage--as simple and tragic as that is.

56 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

your source is a bit biased.  Most aren't from Florida, and one of the 5 is from a state without a "stand your ground" law.  

It's a law very similar to SYG. Splitting hairs on that. Not sure how you think the source is biased. It just lists 5 cases and strictly the facts of what each case was and the result. Those 5 are just a sampling. I mean if you want to argue that those are aberrations from the statistical norm or something, that's an argument. But that doesn't make the cases listed in that article untrue. There's also a lot more information available to you with a quick google search on other cases where people were shot while running away, shot when there wasn't an imminent threat to the killer's life, etc.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

"The law removes a person’s duty to retreat before using deadly force against another in any place he has the legal right to be – so long as he reasonably believed he or someone else faced imminent death or great bodily harm". 

The shooter can't make this argument vs an unarmed pedestrian.  It's road rage--as simple and tragic as that is.

Yeah I agree it probably wouldn't fly in this case. But what you are highlighting has also been disregarded by juries in other SYG cases. There are times when people were shot while fleeing, and they still made arguments like "well they could have turned around and come back, so their life was still in danger" to let the killer off. It happens unfortunately. 

Miami is just a conglomerate of good people morons, gangsters, uneducated, hypocrites, drunks, and racists. Went to a Dolphins game once to see the Bills and it will be the last time! I almost got into a fight in the “family” section!!   2 drunks (dolphins fans) were harassing a family, Bills fans, and I intervened. It was scary due to my family and I being seated up high, but I wasn’t going to punk out. Thankfully, security came to the rescue. Now, Jacksonville is a better stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Seventeen said:

I think its funny that theyre trying to say it wasnt related to the game. Surely the NFL would want to push that narrative. Lets be serious ...It happened right after the game. The murderer surely saw the victim wearing bills clothing.  I'd be shocked if it wasn't a miami fan that committed the crime. I think it's curious they haven't released any info on the suspect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

Sad. The level of violence in this country is very disturbing!!!

I mean over a damn football game?  Too much youth that has no damn discipline,and grew up in fantasy land playing COD, that think its ok to pull a weapon and start shooting.

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This should be way bigger news, the headlines on all the morning sports shows, and pinned to the top of this board.

This garbage has to stop. It's just football.

Bad PR for the NFL, no way they are screaming this from the rooftops. Might negatively effect ticket sales.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Agreed, but reading about some of the crazy cases where people have gotten away with murder in stand your ground states, it shows that there is never a sure thing. Often depends on the personal beliefs of the jury. 

He will probably argue he felt threatened when him and friends went after him in vehicle.

Abandoning vehicle does not help his case unless he claimed he felt they would find vehicle somehow.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Perp would have to prove he was being threatened with "deadly force" to make that case.

not happening.

Agreed! Not sure they can claim being threatened when they get out of a car to shoot him

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Greg said:

Long time FL resident here. The only way this would ever be considered a SYG case is if the victim here was reaching into the vehicle, like through an open window, and actively trying to pull a person out of the vehicle, and that person being pulled out drew his weapon and started shooting because he was in fear of his life. And even in the latter scenario, that’d *maybe* work for the shooter.

At this point, WE don’t know what happened (in here), but I think there are probably eyewitnesses who saw exactly what happened, since there were thousands of people nearby. If the shooter was just upset, and got out of his car over heated words being exchanged, it’s gonna be 2nd degree murder at a minimum. I’m quite certain that the victim would not have been armed with any weapons if he had just come out of the stadium.

It’s a terrible tragedy for that family though; he seemed like a decent young man just out enjoying life.

Once again we are all reminded that the only guarantees in life are death and taxes. Cherish every day, and hold your loved ones close.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I mean over a damn football game?  Too much youth that has no damn discipline,and grew up in fantasy land playing COD, that think its ok to pull a weapon and start shooting.

Got that right SBF.  This "gun happy" country, where FAR too many people have access to firearms and therefore, they think that the only justice

when they don't like something/or somebody, then that's a just reason that they should be shot.  Sick! It's very sick!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Somehow i'm not surprised by this.  I've been to a few NFL games in my life, and the Dolphins fans around us at that game were the worst I have ever experienced.  Guys were screaming obscenities at the little kids in front of us wearing Bills jerseys through the whole game.  On the drive out of the lot we had 4 or 5 groups of guys yelling at us and threatening to fight us just because we were wearing Bills gear.  People really suck.  

5 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Aaaannnnnndddddd.. How do we know he wasn't a pissed of Fins fan?

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He will probably argue he felt threatened when him and friends went after him in vehicle.

Abandoning vehicle does not help his case unless he claimed he felt they would find vehicle somehow.

Yeah. So when he realized that there were people running after him while he was driving his car, he felt it best to stop, get out of the car, and then shoot the person he felt threatened by 🙄

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Moral of the story:

Keep yourself out of unnecessary arguments and confrontations. Everybody and their mother is potentially carrying and many who carry are looking for a chance to shoot.

Wise words though I disagree 100 percent with the last half of your last sentence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.