Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

27 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Agreed, he seems to do poorly at times going north/south or east/west - Seems better going more diagonally with quick cuts (and passing to him in space, of course, assuming he can hold on to the ball!).

That does seem to be his ultimate path. He can run north-south, but he seems best when he can have half a step to identify a crease or lane and then charge.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

My biggest worry is that the Steelers arent good enough for the Bills to play UP to.

We seem to play down to bad teams, and especially make bad QBs look great.

Most blowout victories by any team in the last 3 years. I would like to squash this narrative.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

This is literally a generalization dude. The Pitt D was ranked as high as #3 this season! I'm not comparing Watt to his teammates stats. I'm saying their D is better than Miami's. One of the better AFC D's along with NE and Cleveland. Yes Watt is a loss for them. That's a no-brainer. But don't sleep on the steelers D is my point.

My point is that Watt is the biggest reason their D is so good.   Don't sleep on how important Watt is.

That is what comparing him to the other D players is all about.  You go on with your opinions and I will with mine. 

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s really not that simple…if you can’t really attempt to pass,the run game suffers also if you can’t at least threaten that you’re two dimensional still.  Yes there’s a point where there’s so much wind that neither team could pass but we are not near that level.

The steelers run game is directly linked to how their qb is playing and it really didn’t pick up consistently until Rudolph started hitting passes downfield. A good chunk of the season the Steelers offense was an absolute disaster 

If both teams need to run the ball more because of the wind, I agree that both offenses are then rendered less effective.  It tightens the game up, clock won’t stop as much, and then increases the chances of a lesser opponent pulling out a win because they happen to make the big play for the TD at the end versus the other team potentially having to settle for FGs.  I’m hopeful that we are just that much better than Steelers that the weather won’t even matter, but you won’t convince me that bad weather isn’t an equalizer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Most blowout victories by any team in the last 3 years. I would like to squash this narrative.

I didnt say anything about close games or blowouts. I said we play down to bad teams and play up to good teams.

We blew out Dallas and Miami. Both good teams.

I'll give you that we also blew out the Raiders and Commies early in the year. Those week 2-4 home games are our sweet spot.

We played DOWN to the Giants, we played down to Mac Jones, we played down to the Broncos, we played down to the Chargers and Eastman Frickin Stick.

We played up for the Chiefs and even the Eagles. And definitely Dallas and Miami.

42 minutes ago, Logic said:

My point is that the Steelers are going to have a "nothing to lose" mentality because they're a 7-seed with a 3rd string QB that barely made the playoffs, coming in as 7.5 point underdogs.

I think this can be said about nearly every lower seed heading out on the road in the first round.  Maybe the only exception would be Philly who has to feel like the sky has fallen and they are lucky to draw the 4th seed.  KC should respect Miami, Buffalo should respect Pittsburgh, Dallas for sure should respect Green Bay, etc...

I also think this carries over to the second round for bye teams coming out of hibernation.  The pressure is high to win a playoff game you should win.  And the year long recriminations will certainly follow if you don't.

We really need to wipe the floor with the Steelers…. They looked as bad as any bad team can look against Baltimore’s back ups…. Plus do we even know who there qb is gonna be…. We need to destroy them and set the tone for the next team coming in… I don’t wanna here all week how a **it team could pull an upset just because our quarterback throws a few picks every game…

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The haiku control board is weighing whether or not to include haikus as a new postseason ritual

weigh in please

Whether it’s limericks or a haiku

One requires a much higher IQ

I won’t tell you which one

Because both can be fun

But we should all prefer limericks like I do

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

We really need to wipe the floor with the Steelers…. They looked as bad as any bad team can look against Baltimore’s back ups…. Plus do we even know who there qb is gonna be…. We need to destroy them and set the tone for the next team coming in… I don’t wanna here all week how a **it team could pull an upset just because our quarterback throws a few picks every game…

I mean … they  are a tough gritty team … but they are about as good a playoff draw as you could hope … particularly with Watt likely out who is arguably their best…

Rudolph is nothing special …

Harris has been good  the past month …

Pickins looked checked out 3 weeks ago but has  played good the two weeks prior to this one … but I’m pretty confident the Bills can shut him down…

Ideally you want to get them down 10 early and make Rudolph throw to try to  keep up… the only way they can win is if the Bills make turnovers and allow them to keep it close and think they are still in it and Harris runs over a 100 and they squeak a tight win at the end …we have seen that movie before unfortunately 

• Like (+1) 1

With the weather likely being "ugly" this is likely going to be a 50/50 knuckleball-type game. The Steelers have a really strong defense and an offense that while not the best has some pieces (Harris is playing better and Pickins has looked alive) they also have a solid ST unit. The Bills are going to have to play big defensively and offensively not turn the ball over while running the ball conventionally well. 

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

Taking Care of Pittsburgh.... and we won't need overtime!!!!

Loved those tunes 97 rock was playing in the 90s. There were some real good ones

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

With the weather likely being "ugly" this is likely going to be a 50/50 knuckleball-type game. The Steelers have a really strong defense and an offense that while not the best has some pieces (Harris is playing better and Pickins has looked alive) they also have a solid ST unit. The Bills are going to have to play big defensively and offensively not turn the ball over while running the ball conventionally well. 

Steelers are + 10 … so have at it ..good odds for what you think is a 50/50 game 

30 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I didnt say anything about close games or blowouts. I said we play down to bad teams and play up to good teams.

We blew out Dallas and Miami. Both good teams.

I'll give you that we also blew out the Raiders and Commies early in the year. Those week 2-4 home games are our sweet spot.

We played DOWN to the Giants, we played down to Mac Jones, we played down to the Broncos, we played down to the Chargers and Eastman Frickin Stick.

We played up for the Chiefs and even the Eagles. And definitely Dallas and Miami.

We ran through the Commanders, Raiders, and Jets (second meeting). All bad teams. 

Chargers game was on the road across the country after they had 9 days rest, and we gave the ball away twice.  

Broncos game we gave the ball away 4 times and STILL should have won.

Pats game I agree was a dud, but we also gave the ball away twice.

I don't think we have a "play down to bad opponents" problem but everyone can assess the outcomes and games differently. I think we have a turnover problem that allows bad teams to stick around and even win. But that doesnt mean we play down to them. Just my take.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.