WC Weekend picks. Who do you have.

Gregg

Browns over the Texans. Browns D will make life miserable for Stroud. Also, we need Cleveland in Baltimore for the divisional round. They are the best shot to pull off an upset.

Dolphins over the Chiefs. Just doesn't seem like KC's year.

Bills over the Steelers. This will be close. I see a 23-16 type of Bills win here.

Cowboys over the Packers. Dallas is the better team, and they are really good at home.

Rams over the Lions. My upset pick for the weekend. I like the way the Rams are playing. This is one of the best games on WC weekend. IMHO

Bucs over Eagles. I wouldn't have made this pick 6 weeks ago. What the hell happened to Philly.

Edited by Gregg
added a word
  • Like (+1) 1

Texans over Browns—have a feeling Stroud won’t hit the rookie wall

KC over Miami—Tua isn’t beating Mahomes at Arrowhead 

Cowboys over Packers

Lions over Rams

Eagles over Bucs

Oh yeah, and Bills pound Steelers

• Like (+1) 4

If the Dolphins do beat the Chiefs (which I agree could happen, though with that weather maybe not), then the Ravens would get them and we'd get the Browns in your (Gregg) scenario. No way the Dolphins beat the Ravens in Baltimore. So if we managed to beat the Browns we'd be on to Baltimore. We'd have to go through almost the whole AFC North to get to the Super Bowl that way.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

If the Dolphins do beat the Chiefs (which I agree could happen, though with that weather maybe not), then the Ravens would get them and we'd get the Browns in your (Gregg) scenario. No way the Dolphins beat the Ravens in Baltimore. So if we managed to beat the Browns we'd be on to Baltimore. We'd have to go through almost the whole AFC North to get to the Super Bowl that way.

My bad. You are right in that Miami would go to Baltimore if they beat KC. Need a Chiefs win and a Browns win so the Browns go to Baltimore. Of course most importantly a Bills win over the Steelers.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Browns over the Texans. Browns D will make life miserable for Stroud. Also, we need Cleveland in Baltimore for the divisional round. They are the best shot to pull off an upset.

Bills over the Steelers. This will be close. I see a 23-16 type of Bills win here.

Cowboys over the Packers. Dallas is the better team, and they are really good at home.

Rams over the Lions. My upset pick for the weekend. I like the way the Rams are playing. This is one of the best games on WC weekend. IMHO

Bucs over Eagles. I wouldn't have made this pick 6 weeks ago. What the hell happened to Philly.

If you need Cleveland to play Baltimore, then you need KC to beat Miami. Which they will. Miami won’t be able to handle 0 degree windchill. We get Mahomes for his first ever road playoff game. 

• Like (+1) 3

Browns over the Texans. This is a great matchup. Will be highly entertaining and I am very happy that the Bills won’t meet old man Flacco’s team until the AFCCG in Orchard Park! They are the #2 best in the AFC and VERY dangerous!

The soft Fish going to the legit frozen tundra at Arrowhead? Right… even with the Assaulter back, they are simply too banged up and not good enough by half.

Cowgirls are miles better than the pretend Pack.

Lions over the Rams. Got hurt yesterday chasing, but they’re very good!

Bucs over the flightless Eagles. Both aren’t good, simple as that.

Bills stumble, bumble, fumble and Unicorn the Squealers into the frozen OP turf!

• Agree 1

Just now, Drew21PA said:

Bills over steelers

browns over texans

KC over dolphins

dont care about the nfc 

If the Bills do make it to the Super Bowl, then I want Dallas. We owe them for 1992 and 1993.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Drew21PA said:

I’m not sold Dallas can beat a good team still…

may lose in wc round if jn honest even “at home where they are unbeatable “

If they (SF) stay healthy then I think they will be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. I don't know if Dallas can go to SF and get a win. Probably not. The Eagles have fallen off a cliff. Detroit is good but I don't see them winning in SF either. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to see the Chiefs come to Buffalo after five straight in KC!

As with the consensus, Browns have a better chance of beating the Ravens.  

Pittsburgh is the best matchup we could have had and a favorable one.  Expecting a standard-setting game.  

Who cares about the NFC other than someone upsetting the Niners. 

13 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Browns over Texans but closer than most think.

Chiefs over Fins. Saturday In Arrowhead after a demoralizing loss and an abundance of injuries they can no longer ignore.

Cowboys over GB. Dallas at home, nuff said. 

Lions over Rams. Should be a good one but I feel at home Detroit should prevail plus imo have more weapons.

Eagles over Bucs. I see this as the only win the Eagles get in the playoffs. To me the Bucs are smoke and mirrors. Should be a close game.

Bills over Steelers.  This is not a homer pick. I feel the Bills crush an over rated back door Pitt team without their top defender and Rudolph doesn't pass the eye test for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Miami will beat KC. KC is not good.

Browns defense too much for rookie QB. Browns win.

Bills beat Wattless Steelers but it’ll make Bills fans feel uncomfy. Game will be close. Bills play down to competition.

Rams beat Lions. Lions fans see why Goff was traded.

Bucs beat Eagles. Eagles are the new Buffalo Bills of early in the season. Something isn’t right.

Cowboys roll big.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I'll go with:

Texans over Browns. Classic case of going with the team that has the better QB  Flacco has been great, but I don't think it continues. Houston will be in front of their home crowd and the Browns are "meh" on the road.

Chiefs over Dolphins. Again, better QB and at home. That's a killer combo come playoffs. Miami's offense will sputter in the cold and they are comically 1 and done after all the hype. 

Bills over Steelers. I respect Mike Tomlin and I think they will compete more in this one than most think. Harris is running hard. But likely no TJ Watt changes that defense immensely. And sooner or later Mason is gonna Rudolph.

Cowboys over Packers. Despite Jordan Love playing really will lately, he just doesn't have enough around him yet. 

Lions over Rams. Jared Goff revenge game, anyone? Detroit is ready to make some noise. Rams have some real nice offensive talent and in the dome....this may be a "first to 40 wins" type game.

Buccaneers over Eagles. Cry Eagles, Cry. They way the season played out I think I'm more upset losing to these frauds than I am Denver. Baker is going to do just enough to pull off a win. And watching him advance and the Browns going home is just too perfect to script up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Browns over Texans

Chiefs over Dolphins

Bills over Steelers - but I fear the weather will be a leveller

Cowboys over Packers

Rams over Lions - can see an upset in this one. McVay knows Goff and I think he’s got the Rams firing at the right time

Eagles over Buccaneers

- Browns

- Chiefs

- Bills

- Boys

- TB - Eagles are in disarray on D and look like one of the worst teams in football now

- Lions although I think that might be a potential upset alert. Lions secondary has allowed a lot of big passing games and Rams D can bring the heat.

Edited by Big Turk

Texans - This is a pretty interesting game. Cleveland has a legit defense and Flacco can make enough plays. But I think being in Houston matters and I also think Stroud is pretty quickly going to be special. Should be a tight game though that could go either way.

Dolphins - Another interesting one. I'm from Missouri and the weather is going to be very cold and likely snowy/rainy before the game. As long as the actual game is dry I think the Dolphins are going to lean on that run game with a few quick hitters to Tyreek and Waddle and score just enough to win. The Chiefs just look a little broken to me offensively although maybe the week off this past weekend resets them. If Mostert and Waddle play, I'll take Miami. If not, Mahomes finally comes to Buffalo.

Bills - Steelers are well coached and they have a solid defense even without Watt. But Mason Rudolph in the cold, wind, and maybe snow on the road? It's just not going to happen. They run the ball decently well and maybe it's not a blowout (nothing is easy with the Bills anyway) but I think the Bills have that special internal belief this year.

Cowboys - The Packers are still a year away or so. If it was in GB maybe it's different but Dallas at home as a different beast. 

Rams - I would love to see the Lions here and I think this is the best game of the weekend. This is also the game I'm most excited for outside of the Bills of course. I think the LaPorta injury is going to be a factor. The Lions still have a lot of weapons and I think they're going to play angry football after feeling they were robbed of the 2 seed. But the Rams are hot, McVay and Stafford have been here, and that defense still has playmakers. Maybe Goff gets his revenge and the Lions will be pumped up playing a home playoff game but experience wins out. Hope not though.

Bucs - Who knows with this one. I don't think the Bucs are good and is Baker Mayfield really going to outduel Jalen Hurts? But the Eagles seem to be imploding and they aren't exactly healthy. Evans, Godwin, White are 3 pretty darn good players and I think the Eagles freefall comes to a thud ending their season.

Matchups next week of Texans @ Bills, Dolphins @ Ravens, Rams @ 49ers, and Bucs @ Cowboys might actually be less appealing than this week's games but let's just hope the Bills get there first.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Bills

Chiefs

Browns

Bucs

Lions

Pack

ditto here as well.

I do want the Dolphins to win against the Chiefs though. It's odd, my hate for the Chiefs is 2X that of the Dolphins due to us straight owning them since Allen has arrived.

No idea but I am getting more worried about the steelers by the hour.

They are going to see the bills interior play has slipped and they are getting beat with pressure through various ways inside and they are going to attack all day.

Same thing on offense.  They are going to watch the last few games and wonder why other teams continue to throw the ball and not stay with the run.  

To early in the week to make the other picks imo but I think detroit and dallas have got to be a little uncomfortable with the matchups they have also.  The packers seemingly have the parts to play with Dallas and same with the rams....and I feel the same way about the steelers.

18 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

ditto here as well.

I do want the Dolphins to win against the Chiefs though. It's odd, my hate for the Chiefs is 2X that of the Dolphins due to us straight owning them since Allen has arrived.

I had to live through the 70’s.  Any Bills fans from that era hate the Fish with a passion.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I had to live through the 70’s.  Any Bills fans from that era hate the Fish with a passion.

I can imagine that for sure. I didn't really start watching until the 83 season forward. 

The Marino/Kelly rivalry was pretty insane and the fan hate was at an all time high. I remember the non stop fights at some of those game late 80's and early 90's. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

If they (SF) stay healthy then I think they will be the NFC representative in the Super Bowl. I don't know if Dallas can go to SF and get a win. Probably not. The Eagles have fallen off a cliff. Detroit is good but I don't see them winning in SF either. 

SF is all smoke & mirrors. Dallas will beat 'em this time, they are the better team 

2. Bills - The team that doesn't **** up constantly shows up.

5. Browns - Browns are better, I expect a close game here

6. Dolphins - Even as beat up as they are, the Chiefs have issues.

2. Cowboys - The better team and at home.

3. Lions - This game should be back and forth, I think the Lions pull it out late.

4. Bucs - Something wrong with the Eagles, Bucs benefit from that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.