Legacy scenario for Allen starting @ Miami

zow2

Josh can rewrite the narrative of his career and it starts on SNF.  

Win, get the 2 seed, take advantage of home field advantage, maybe an upset vs Baltimore gets the AFC Championship game at Buf, and  it’s all on the table.  We’re all rooting for this.

Lose, and he’s discussed as a guy that scores TDs and turns the ball over too much, flames out late in the season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Win, get the 2 seed, take advantage of home field advantage, maybe an upset vs Baltimore gets the AFC Championship game at Buf, and  it’s all on the table.  We’re all rooting for this.

Lose, and he’s discussed as a guy that scores TDs and turns the ball over too much, flames out late in the season. 

And…,

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Whatever makes you feel better!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I'm tired of stressing out over tomorrow's game. If we don't win it wasn't meant to be. Stop losing to crappy teams & qbs. Stop having this yearly mid-season malaise.  Go out and do what you should've done 3 years ago. Get a legit #2 WR.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm tired of stressing out over tomorrow's game. If we don't win it wasn't meant to be. Stop losing to crappy teams & qbs. Stop having this yearly mid-season malaise.  Go out and do what you should've done 3 years ago. Get a legit #2 WR.

I agree….. but I don’t think Josh will have a more complete package of a roster ever again.  And that’s upsetting- what a debacle of a season.  Complete and utter failure while having a stacked team.  

that said- the most stacked unit on the team is our defensive line and I truly expect them to whoop on that Miami a*s tomorrow night!  
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Too late. Should've done that 4 years ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'm treating this game as if it were the wild card round and we're on the road at Miami.  They're at home but have key injuries and are beatable.  If we can't take advantage of that and win, then we probably couldn't win at Baltimore, much less make it to and win the Super Bowl.  No matter if the Jags lose tomorrow and assure us a playoff spot, just win the game tomorrow night.  It IS the playoffs for us.

• Agree 1

I know this clip is from the Bills first Division title, but its a perfect hype video for why the Bills need to win this game.

What a wild ride this season has been.....let's hope they win and extend their division winning streak to 4!!

Go Bills!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Yeah that turnover narrative is pretty lame since he accounts for so many scores and usually doesn't turn over the football late in games.  That needs to go away. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I agree….. but I don’t think Josh will have a more complete package of a roster ever again.  And that’s upsetting- what a debacle of a season.  Complete and utter failure while having a stacked team.  

that said- the most stacked unit on the team is our defensive line and I truly expect them to whoop on that Miami a*s tomorrow night!  
See Ya Reaction GIF by WWE

He had more than a good enough roster in 2021.  The inconsistencies of this team year to year is infuriating.  Find the reason why we lose to lesser teams (NYJ, NE, Denv) and maybe McDermott's legacy will be fulfilled?  Josh's issues lie somewhere between McD and his own lack of execution.  

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Or just go on a late season run and win it all

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, beebe said:

discussed by the media? who...frickin...cares. 

I can’t speak for us fans in TBD, but whenever players say they don’t pay attention to what the media says, I generally don’t buy it.

Because if that were the case, why do so many players love to play the disrespect card? I.e. “everyone wrote us off after week 1 vs jets” forgot who said that recently but it was one of our defenders, and whether or not that was true in the first place, the mere fact that is one of their first reactions is an indication to me that yes, they do care. And I’ll bet THEY care more than we do 

but I say if it makes them play better I am all for it.

in fact, have them watch nothing but Nick Wright clips before the game. That’s what I’d do. 

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Well hope we have superman Josh not sugar high josh

They're related and tend to show up at the same time, for better and for worse.

Could we have excellent professional NFL QB Josh who showed up in the 2021 playoffs

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I mean, isn't that pretty much what happens to some extent after every game and certainly after every big game?

Josh said it win, and you're the greatest, unstoppable, fantastic; lose and you should cut everyone and fire all the coaches.

9 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

in fact, have them watch nothing but Nick Wright clips before the game. That’s what I’d do. 

Cruel and unusual punishment.  Too cruel.

Just the Hard Rock Guitar Hotel Test ought to do it.

Edited by Beck Water

32 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes let’s blame Josh Allen for leaving the field with the lead in 4 of the Bills 6 losses. 

Some of these posters appear to be rooting for a Bills loss so they can blame Josh.  The narrative that Josh doesn’t play well in big games is bs. The 13 second game was as clutch a playoff performance as any Bills QB ever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Some of these posters appear to be rooting for a Bills loss so they can blame Josh.  The narrative that Josh doesn’t play well in big games is bs. The 13 second game was as clutch a playoff performance as any Bills QB ever. 

No one is rooting for Josh or the Bills to fail tomorrow.  Josh is the hero of Buffalo and he's earned that Legacy. And as Julian said we could very well stay hot and run the table. But as is expected by most Bills fans like myself who have experienced countless heartbreak, I'm hoping for the best outcome but preparing for the worst.  I just wish I had more faith in our coaches and lack of wr firepower.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes let’s blame Josh Allen for leaving the field with the lead in 4 of the Bills 6 losses. 

It was only 3 of 6 losses. Jets, Jags & Bengals he didn't walk off the field with a lead , but yeah... he definitely deserves a lot of the blame for the other 3 losses too.

Patriots: 1 INT / 1 Fumble - losing the entire game until 1:58 left in the 4th (at the time, they were considered the worst team in the league)

Broncos: 2 INTs / 1 Fumble - losing the entire game until 1:55 left in the 4th

Eagles: He did great overall, so he doesn't deserve much blame for this loss. The INT really hurt, but he did played about as well as you could hope otherwise

But regarding the OP's point, this is the narrative around Allen. I get downvoted like crazy any time I bring it up, but you can't go anywhere online talking about Allen without a chorus of people telling you he's a turnover machine that chokes in big moments.

• Vomit 1

The point of the post is to say how huge this game is for Allen’s legacy (assuming the Jags win today).

If they win there’s a very legit chance Buffalo will be in the AFC Championship game. If they lose, bye bye or maybe 6th seed, and i personally don’t think they are going far as a 6.

Allen and McDermott to an extent will be talked about very differently in the days/months/years to come based on this one game.

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

Allen doesn't have to "rewrite the narrative of his career" all he has to do is add to it.  That narrative is already partially written and it includes:

*  The first elite Bills QB since Jim Kelly. 

*  The QB that ended the Bills sentence to football purgatory with a bang leading them to 5 straight 10 win or more seasons; 4 straight playoff appearances; 3 straight division titles and a trip to the conference championship.  

*  The QB that led the Bills to their 1st playoff win in 25 years.

*  The QB that had arguably 2 of the best back to back playoff performances in NFL history.

*  The QB that has already broke numerous NFL records including most TD's through their first 6 years and the only NFL QB to total 40 or more TD's in 4 straight seasons.

*  Arguably the most physically gifted QB in NFL history.

And for you negative Nancy's:

*  An at times an overly aggressive QB who is prone to TO's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Right? 

How can OP say they wanted Josh Rosen without saying they wanted Rosen? 

11 hours ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Correction:

As any NFL QB ever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He had more than a good enough roster in 2021.  The inconsistencies of this team year to year is infuriating.  Find the reason why we lose to lesser teams (NYJ, NE, Denv) and maybe McDermott's legacy will be fulfilled?  Josh's issues lie somewhere between McD and his own lack of execution.  

The reason we lost to lesser teams is bc it's the nfl.

In the afc: 

Dolphins lost to the titans

Steelers lost to patriots and cardinals

Chiefs lost to the raiders

Browns lost to the broncos

Texans lost to the panthers

This narrative needs to be put to bed that only the Bills lost to lesser teams.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

But regarding the OP's point, this is the narrative around Allen. I get downvoted like crazy any time I bring it up, but you can't go anywhere online talking about Allen without a chorus of people telling you he's a turnover machine that chokes in big moments.

Who cares what anonymous online posters have to say about Allen.  Hell I don't care what the NFL talking heads have to say about Allen I care even less about what morons on other message boards think.  And yes anyone who says Allen "chokes" or is a "TO machine in big moments" is a moron.  Can we all agree that playoff games are "big moments" and do these stats from his 8 playoff games look like "choking" to any reasonable person?

Passing:  2334 yards; 64% completion; 17 TD's; 4 INT's; rating = 99.6

Rushing:  417 yards; 6.6 yards per carry; 3 TD's; 1 lost fumble

Receiving:  1 catch; 16 yards; 1 TD

Total yards = 2767; 346 yards/game; 21 TD's & 5 TO's.

As for regular season "big moments", if your QB is choking in these games you don't have 5 straight 10 or more win seasons, 4 straight playoff trips; & 3 straight division titles with more to hopefully come tonight.

This narrative about Allen is wrong.  Period end of sentence.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, section122 said:

The reason we lost to lesser teams is bc it's the nfl.

In the afc: 

Dolphins lost to the titans

Steelers lost to patriots and cardinals

Chiefs lost to the raiders

Browns lost to the broncos

Texans lost to the panthers

This narrative needs to be put to bed that only the Bills lost to lesser teams.

Unappreciative and traumatized fanbase with an irrational outlook. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, zow2 said:

Except we have crazy win steaks to end every season...

He will have to win a superbowl for the media to change the narrative on him.   And right now as of this moment he has thrown two DUMB picks in the Miami game.    

He won’t ever live it down until he wins a title.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.