Baltimore LB spills the beans on Miami and San Fran

This guy's an idiot, but hey, more fun for us.

On the Rich Eisen Shown, Ravens LB Patrick Queen stated that both Miami and San Fran telegraph their plays. 

The Ravens found out the tells for each team, obviously he didn't say specifically what they were. Rich tried to wheedle it out of him, but Patrick clammed up real fast. 

My guess is we know too, our players just aren't dumb enough to say so out load. 

Allen said last week that they were seeing things from defense they haven’t seen on tape all year long. He said it’s what made the Chargers game more difficult than spent and have expected. Miami could have a similar plan.

• Agree 1

You guys haven't seen 90 percent of Purdys throws are at or between the hash? So what? Baltimore was told to stop it. The rest of the league put them in the pro bowl. All points to Baltimore coming out rusty and losing after their bye to me.

• Like (+1) 2

Why does that make him an idiot? You don’t think teams study film and don’t know other team’s tendencies? Like this is some secret? 

difference between knowing what teams do and being good enough to stop it. The Carolina panthers could know every play the other team does and it won’t matter.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The tells are in the RPOs.  If the LB does this - the QB will do this.  Its why we throw to the boundary so much, the defense wants us to do it.  

Miami runs a fair amount of these so they're likely doing the same thing - defense would rather the ball go to a short throw in the boundary than hill or diggs over the middle or something.  There's usually a run element there too but that linebacker can still hit their run fit if they do it right.  

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You guys haven't seen 90 percent of Purdys throws are at or between the hash? So what? Baltimore was told to stop it. The rest of the league put them in the pro bowl. All points to Baltimore coming out rusty and losing after their bye to me.

Honestly, I would not be shocked by this. Tough situation to be in plus Lamar has a lot to prove in the playoffs. 

they are the best in the nfl right now and have to take a break haha. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The shanahan tree likes to attack the middle of the field in those 2 high looks.  Baltimore's been switching the over/under between the corner and safety taking away the throw at the time the QBs want to make it.  Safety rolls under like a robber, and the corner plays behind like the cover 2 safety.  

The rest of it comes down to tackling on the underneath stuff, and stifling their run game.  It's not always "knowing what they're doing", and comes down to putting them into passing situations.  

• Like (+1) 6

Offense v Defense has forever been cat and mouse game that keeps evolving.

I posted a while back that offenses this season are down compared the last decade and heading into this weekend teams are averaging 21.95 ppg. Comparatively the last five years offenses in the NFL averaged the following ppg:

image.png.e4c183054cd6b294c9a47329fde99e6d.png

Defenses have evolved and it is not just playing Cover-2 shell, but far more creative blitz packages that do not send a ton of rushers but are very focused on how they attack the QB while covering the defense. Offenses are having to earn their yards far more then before. Additionally offensive line play has regressed as they keep reducing practices which takes away important developmental time. McDaniel and Miami were ahead of teams for awhile last year, but teams have caught up to there motion offense and figured out how to disrupt Tua better. I do think this year is a bit of blip with the ppg cratering to levels not seen since 2010ish and the injuries to so many major QBs also removed some of the better QBs from being able to drive offenses.

But there certainly has been a swing back to defense this year which has been growing for 2-3 years now and I think you are seeing that in spades.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

9 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The shanahan tree likes to attack the middle of the field in those 2 high looks.  Baltimore's been switching the over/under between the corner and safety taking away the throw at the time the QBs want to make it.  Safety rolls under like a robber, and the corner plays behind like the cover 2 safety.  

The rest of it comes down to tackling on the underneath stuff, and stifling their run game.  It's not always "knowing what they're doing", and comes down to putting them into passing situations.  

I could be in the pro bowl qb'ing Frisco if the league played me like Dallas does vs how Baltimore did. Then we gotta look at Dan Quinn all day. It's a joke.

1 minute ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I could be in the pro bowl qb'ing Frisco if the league played me like Dallas does vs how Baltimore did. Then we gotta look at Dan Quinn all day. It's a joke.

I wish we could see you attempt this. 

I would absolutely watch “regular” fans put up money (to earn money) and play in real games. It would be amazing (and you need to sign a health waiver). 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

That's what the quality control position is all about: keeping an eye on your own team's tendencies. I hope the Bills have a good one. 

It does seem that Lamar is forever sending long, lazy passes to wide-open receivers, whereas Allen has to put the ball right in his receivers' hands every time. 

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

On the Rich Eisen Shown, Ravens LB Patrick Queen stated that both Miami and San Fran telegraph their plays. 

The Ravens found out the tells for each team, obviously he didn't say specifically what they were. Rich tried to wheedle it out of him, but Patrick clammed up real fast. 

My guess is we know too, our players just aren't dumb enough to say so out load. 

They pretty much run the same scheme too considering McDaniel was the OC in SF before coming to Miami.

Also why I still think the 49ers are big frauds and likely one and done in the playoffs because Purdy is nothing more than the ultimate system/game manager QB and was exposed big time against the Ravens.

• Vomit 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish we could see you attempt this. 

I would absolutely watch “regular” fans put up money (to earn money) and play in real games. It would be amazing (and you need to sign a health waiver). 

I've thrown plenty of Td passes in the SFL. They sell  Purdy so hard, Aikman even says "he's not just a system quarterback. Collinsworth "he's so quick going through his reads"  it's all about the game plan. They do the same crap every week. Baltimote was told to defend it. His Flippin progression is hit the guy in between the hash wide open, so as to nobody can bat it right back in your face. Tua can play, I'll give him that.

Edited by 1onemangang7

43 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why does that make him an idiot? You don’t think teams study film and don’t know other team’s tendencies? Like this is some secret? 

difference between knowing what teams do and being good enough to stop it. The Carolina panthers could know every play the other team does and it won’t matter.

I agree--isn't this what every D does vs every opponent?  This is hardly spilling the beans...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

And yet he leads the NFL in air yards.  Those 10% must be REALLY long throws.  https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/highest-qb-air-yards-per-throw

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Every time I see Tyreek Hill catch a pass over the middle and he does it 9 times a game, I always say "How have you not figured out what they are gonna do by now?" Flood the middle of the field

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

And yet he leads the NFL in air yards.  Those 10% must be REALLY long throws.  https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/highest-qb-air-yards-per-throw

In the middle of the field on his deep one's too. This clown in no different than Dwight Smith saying I knew the plays ...tells ..whatever you wanna call them. Cause coach said when they do this they're going here. Queen thinks Balty is the brains of the NFL . HillRious

40 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Welp, we found Uncle Rico's burner account...

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he gave away information for free, regarding specific organizations.

He had a choice to say nothing, or something, where saying nothing was the smart choice.

He said something. It's dumb. 

• Eyeroll 1

46 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The league determines if they want you to be good according to you because it's rigged.

So the league is going to allow you to play well?  Why do you get this preferential treatment over Trey Lance?

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Offense v Defense has forever been cat and mouse game that keeps evolving.

I posted a while back that offenses this season are down compared the last decade and heading into this weekend teams are averaging 21.95 ppg. Comparatively the last five years offenses in the NFL averaged the following ppg:

image.png.e4c183054cd6b294c9a47329fde99e6d.png

Defenses have evolved and it is not just playing Cover-2 shell, but far more creative blitz packages that do not send a ton of rushers but are very focused on how they attack the QB while covering the defense. Offenses are having to earn their yards far more then before. Additionally offensive line play has regressed as they keep reducing practices which takes away important developmental time. McDaniel and Miami were ahead of teams for awhile last year, but teams have caught up to there motion offense and figured out how to disrupt Tua better. I do think this year is a bit of blip with the ppg cratering to levels not seen since 2010ish and the injuries to so many major QBs also removed some of the better QBs from being able to drive offenses.

But there certainly has been a swing back to defense this year which has been growing for 2-3 years now and I think you are seeing that in spades.

ive been saying it since the offseason. defenses have been drafting smaller/faster players on defense to deal with the high flying passing offenses. last year we saw NE, Cle, Ind make an emphasis on the run games.... all dealing w/ below avg QB production, and leaned in on light defenses. CLE/IND the last few years have been the wildcard type nobody wants to play because of their unique style/lighter defenses.

interesting development. didnt expect us to get on board, but did see a run game resurgency coming. i think their will be some bigger Brandon Spikes type players develop a role through the draft/FA again next year. this shizz moves in cycles lol

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The league determines if they want you to be good according to you because it's rigged.

So the league is going to allow you to play well?  Why do you get this preferential treatment over Trey Lance?

I don't deal the cards. Maybe it's cause of his appeal to the audience. If it was fair Jacoby Brisett would be winning. 

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's white, clean cut, an underdog in stature. But he's no system qb and a mind to rival rain man's through his progression. It's probably an experiment and they'll throw him right in the trash within a year or two

21 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

ive been saying it since the offseason. defenses have been drafting smaller/faster players on defense to deal with the high flying passing offenses. last year we saw NE, Cle, Ind make an emphasis on the run games.... all dealing w/ below avg QB production, and leaned in on light defenses. CLE/IND the last few years have been the wildcard type nobody wants to play because of their unique style/lighter defenses.

interesting development. didnt expect us to get on board, but did see a run game resurgency coming. i think their will be some bigger Brandon Spikes type players develop a role through the draft/FA again next year. this shizz moves in cycles lol

Yep and they have mixed NCB/LB together which is becoming a real weapon or even SAF/LB the way the Bills will use Poyer or Rapp. I am still a firm believer that a true top slot WR or TE can open an offense more then any other position and is basically unguardable. Kincaid has looked very good as a rookie and I am hopeful long term he can be what Beasley was for Josh.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he's probably a decent athlete and would be a good piece,but not the star on a softball team somewhere in the midwest.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Allen said last week that they were seeing things from defense they haven’t seen on tape all year long. He said it’s what made the Chargers game more difficult than spent and have expected. Miami could have a similar plan.

So they adjusted to Brady. Now we get to see how/if Brady can evolve. This is how you know if he gets the full time gig. Dorsey couldn't do it.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he revealed two things. Both those teams might have some tendencies but I think he also specifically said hit them for 4 quarters. Ie they are physically and possibly mentally soft. 

I will give McD some credit here which I am usally not apt to do.

I think the D is playing the most physical football they have played since McD arrived.  Guys are really hitting and tackling hard.  The defense still has mental lapses but I do think they can really hit guys. Dodson, Rapp, Oliver, Douglas, Poyer(still), Floyd, Jones and Joseph are all very physical defenders.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

They're removing some of the physicality. Cook couldn't make a team if born in the right era.

• Eyeroll 1

To be fair, the exact same thing was said after the Bills game vs the Dolphins. Their use of motion with Hill was so precise that the Bills used the Dolphins going into motion as a timer to jump the snap. That was how they were getting such consistent pressure on Tua all day.

Now, I would assume that McDaniels cleaned a bit of it up, but I believe that the tells are the biggest weakness to the use of motion to the extent that the Phins and Niners use it. Because you need the timing and motion to be perfect on the quick throws, there is a risk of predictability if you rely on it too much...which is the core of McDaniel's offense.

2 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Thank you for that  Patrick. If we play the ravens, I act like Im doing what we normally do and let them bite on the tells, then burn their ***** with something different.  We at least now know that is what they feed off of, they rely on those tells. So make em' pay for it.

56 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I think he revealed two things. Both those teams might have some tendencies but I think he also specifically said hit them for 4 quarters. Ie they are physically and possibly mentally soft. 

I will give McD some credit here which I am usally not apt to do.

I think the D is playing the most physical football they have played since McD arrived.  Guys are really hitting and tackling hard.  The defense still has mental lapses but I do think they can really hit guys. Dodson, Rapp, Oliver, Douglas, Poyer(still), Floyd, Jones and Joseph are all very physical defenders.  

Agreed. 2019 defense was probably the last truly physical unit I can remember with McD, since then was more rope a dope.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

IF we would get in I can see Bills knocking off KC and Cleveland  beating Baltimore setting up battle of Lake Erie for the Super Bowl

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.