Von Miller: Bills made “right decision” to sit me

Einstein

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Excluding this season, if you look at his avg sacks per year since entering the league x.8, we’re looking around 8 sacks next year. 

All things considered, I’d take that. 

For what he's getting paid? Nope.

20 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Sitting Miller in what is likely the biggest game in Bills regular season history would be a bad move. If anything, he provides a calming veteran presence for a team that is notorious for getting a little bewildered during stressful moments.

So when he's taking a very wide path to the QB it's strategic. He is actually circling the wagons. Got it.

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Am I the only one who thinks there is a real chance he retires this spring?

23 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

yes

14 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

That would be beautiful 

Hope not, because a retirement accelerates all his dead money just as if we cut him. Maybe he can wait until post June 1 to retire? 🤞

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Am I the only one who thinks there is a real chance he retires this spring?

Making the most money he possibly could out of that last contract was extremely important to Von.  If Von’s play just deteriorated to this low level solely due to age, I would be the first one calling for his retirement. However, the fact is that a major injury caused this decline.  Injury is the main reason players negotiate for guaranteed contracts.  So, Von will get his money and there is nothing that can be done about it. 

He will not retire or take a pay cut.  The Bills will have to cut him this offseason and take a huge dead cap hit(this is what I would do), or keep him at least one more year knowing he is not the same player any longer, and then kick him to the curb with a somewhat less painful dead cap hit.  

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Hope not, because a retirement accelerates all his dead money just as if we cut him. Maybe he can wait until post June 1 to retire? 🤞

just for the record, since you quoted me. I too do not expect Von to retire, as I feel the injury takes time to get right and he was rushed back too soon.

My answer of "yes" was that... Yes I do beleive he was the only one who thinks Von will retire

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Sitting Miller in what is likely the biggest game in Bills regular season history would be a bad move. If anything, he provides a calming veteran presence for a team that is notorious for getting a little bewildered during stressful moments.

Have you watched any games this year? This team is loaded with “veteran presence” and he does NOTHING on the field

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I'm just trying to understand how it works I guess.  I don't get how a team can just null a contract and make another for less money without some downside to it.  There has to be a downside there right?

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I respect this.

Me too ! This guy if nothing else when it comes to football has his head is in the right place, he is a consummate professional & a great leader when it comes to showing the younger guys how it's done .

Now with that being said i know i wouldn't have paid as much money as the Bills did to get him in a Bills uni, but before he got injured i think he could have been worth some of what they are paying him & given what Floyd is doing Von should have made half of what he signed for .

I wish Von was healthy because it would have been fun to see those 2 doing what they do together with the rest of what they have for weapons on this D .

Then i think if Millano, Jones, Von, Tre, were all healthy this year OMG ...

GO BILLS !!! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

If he doesn't get back to some form of his former self, whether it's this year or next, he will be beanes worst signing. That much money for... 8 games? 

I'm still going with Star!! Von did effect outcomes in some games while he was here. 😎

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I'm just trying to understand how it works I guess.  I don't get how a team can just null a contract and make another for less money without some downside to it.  There has to be a downside there right?

No downside for the team, just for the player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.